Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 15-05-2020, 11:20 PM

Jonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is here
This is not my area of expertise, but I have been told that encrypting the password has only limited usefulness. Lots of people use "Password" or "123456" as their password. The bad guys are soon able to recognize what an encrypted "Password" or "123456" looks like.

They recommended that the most effective passwords are long ones. In fact, you should use the longest password allowed by the application.
Old 15-05-2020, 11:32 PM

speagle is just too good for youspeagle is just too good for youspeagle is just too good for youspeagle is just too good for youspeagle is just too good for youspeagle is just too good for youspeagle is just too good for youspeagle is just too good for youspeagle is just too good for youspeagle is just too good for youspeagle is just too good for you
I hate it when you're not able to paste your password in during login. Makes it hard to use complex passwords and manger tools. Palace is one of the offenders.

Definitely use different passwords for each account. If you get one of these emails with your password in it you know who's handled it badly.
Old 15-05-2020, 11:39 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
You just have to make up something completely irrelevant.
My password is 12xcyy4498nuy I reckon it's safe as houses. No one will ever guess it.
Old 16-05-2020, 09:05 AM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy View Post
This is not my area of expertise, but I have been told that encrypting the password has only limited usefulness. Lots of people use "Password" or "123456" as their password. The bad guys are soon able to recognize what an encrypted "Password" or "123456" looks like.

They recommended that the most effective passwords are long ones. In fact, you should use the longest password allowed by the application.
Encrypting the password is bombproof if the password itself is of adequate quality.
Old 16-05-2020, 09:15 AM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Old 16-05-2020, 09:21 AM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha View Post
I've had a few of these. I don't have a webcam. :-)
Same with me. Never had a webcam. Quoted an old password from years ago. I just deleted it. The Lockdown seems to bring out all the arseholes and chancers. I log on to very few websites that require passwords. My e-mail password is long and complicated. Interesting thing is, the only place that password it quoted exists now (before I get round to changing it) is on the BBS...

It's a bit like the e-mails a while back purporting to be from a bank you have never banked with. I even got a call from "your bank's [unnamed] fraud department". Conversation lasted less than 30 seconds. When I asked again, "Sorry, what is your name again?", he hung up. Obviously forgot the made-up name (even though I hadn't).

Last edited by davech; 16-05-2020 at 09:34 AM.
Old 16-05-2020, 09:28 AM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
I got one of these and instantly accused my son of using my laptop as I knew it wasnt me. His response of "why would I use yours when I've got my own?" stopped me mid rant

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 16-05-2020, 09:36 AM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
You just have to make up something completely irrelevant.
My password is 12xcyy4498nuy I reckon it's safe as houses. No one will ever guess it.
I've forgotten it already... so job's a good'un !
Old 16-05-2020, 05:25 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
I got one of these the other day but the password they gave me was in no way a password I would ever use. I just deleted it.
Old 16-05-2020, 07:29 PM
Fay Wray

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Given the amount of sites that people have registered for over the past 20 or so years it is inevitable that some of those sites will have been compromised - especially given that old sites used old security which is easily crackable in the present time.

Not only that but some ex-organisations have their assets purchased, including servers and drives etc. that then get sold on, or misused.

On that note, never take your old laptop or PC to the dump/recycling centre - it is a well known scam that sees them pallet them up as 'computers for Africa' and then teams of people run recovery tools over the hard drives to extract passwords / banking details / basically everything you have even had on a machine for how ever long it lasted (10 years perhaps in some cases?)

So you are most likely looking at a fraudster / chancer who has purchased a list of email addresses and passwords from some old site. First of all they will try to use the same email and password to log in to hundreds of sites like ebay, gmail, paypal, etc. etc. etc. - then they will email you directly threatening you as per the original post.

Of course responding to any of this does indeed move you on to a new 'quantified' list ("we've got a live one here") which potentially gets sold on yet again.

It is a shame but people who have fallen once for a scammer are very hot property in that game, as they know that you are most likely to fall for it again (think: elderly, limited mental capacity due to dementia or illness, technically naive, etc.)
Old 17-05-2020, 06:39 PM
Play nice now everyone

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdMan View Post
Is this advice based on your own experience?
Old 17-05-2020, 06:43 PM
Play nice now everyone

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
If they’ve seen my cum-face... they’ve earned every single bitcoin

We all have now
Old 20-08-2020, 04:22 PM
Tumescent member

Cityside : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCityside : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCityside : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCityside : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCityside : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCityside : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCityside : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCityside : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCityside : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCityside : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCityside : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Had one of these a couple of weeks ago. It spooked me at first but then I deleted my subscription to WatchingFatPeopleBangTheirButtocksWithFrozenLollie s.com and now I'm sure i'm OK.
Old 20-08-2020, 06:06 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
Wouldn't it be better to send it to the police?
only the masturbation video....

SaulAlinsky
Old 20-08-2020, 06:21 PM
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
I got this email and wanted to be sure they had the right person so i sent them a video of me bashing one out to confirm.

They said it was me so i paid up.

What a relief. So glad I checked.
Old 21-08-2020, 12:34 PM
Grand Wizard of Orpington

RCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is here
You sure this didn't come from Palace trying to get a transfer fund together for the season??

But seriously - remember reading a story where a young kid got this type of message and ended up topping himself as he didn't have the money to pay.

www.silverbirchhealthcare.co.uk
Providing elderly care in Orpington and the surrounding areas.
Old 21-08-2020, 12:50 PM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
I beat the scammers by livestreaming myself knocking one out. If you use a tool like To view the link you have to Register or Login you can stream across all your social media platforms in one easy move.

These blackmailers won't get me, mugs