Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 01-03-2021, 11:31 AM

sherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro View Post
Whilst accusations of Hodgson being over cautious are valid, Palace weren't playing a team promoted via the playoffs.
Excuse me? In that case, what exactly was happening at Wembley on August 4 last year, when Fulham beat Brentford 2-1?
Old 01-03-2021, 11:32 AM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
I'm not getting at you but.....to the point, do you not think we have enough in that side to be having one/a few/some shots on target at home against a team in the bottom three that got promoted through the play offs? Do you think that we got all we could out of that side yesterday?

And of course Eze was playing yesterday.

With no Wilf or Jeff and Eze playing like dogshit. No. The only pace we had was Ayew.

So what if Fulham are in the bottom three. Their form right now is good. Since January they appear to have sorted themselves out after a horrific start.

Our problem is our play depends on pace on the counter. When nearly all the pace has gone out of the team we struggle. It's why we have failed to win so long without Wilf.

For years we've neglected buying creative players preferring cloggers. We've also continuously gone into seasons with 2 wingers at most. Then act surprised when we get injuries and everything drops off a cliff.

All of this goes back to the clubs awful recruitment. We failed to get in multiple wide men/strikers who can play out wide in the summer and January. We tried for five different players. We got none of them.

We've also been playing 4231/433 the last three matches and Ebs has just flat out struggled with playing in the hole. So much for he's a number 10. He'll effect games from there more.

Turns out him driving from deep with the ball from wide and coming into the centre works better. Now he just slows the game down. Gets tackled losing the ball or passes it straight back to the opposition.

He actually started on the left for just over 50% of his matches for QPR........There might have been a reason for that.
Old 01-03-2021, 11:35 AM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherstonpalace View Post
Excuse me? In that case, what exactly was happening at Wembley on August 4 last year, when Fulham beat Brentford 2-1?
Fulham were promoted via the playoffs
Old 01-03-2021, 11:38 AM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin View Post
With no Wilf or Jeff and Eze playing like dogshit. No. The only pace we had was Ayew.
LOL, I make you right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin View Post
Our problem is our play depends on pace on the counter.
That's depressingly accurate.
Old 01-03-2021, 11:52 AM
You looking at me?

Terrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is here
When crowds are finally allowed back into SP I'm not expecting to see a rush, with shit facilities and shit football that is too painful for words when watching it for free!
Old 01-03-2021, 01:37 PM
Anything from Milan?

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrace Bickle View Post
When crowds are finally allowed back into SP I'm not expecting to see a rush, with shit facilities and shit football that is too painful for words when watching it for free!
I知 expecting the opposite, people are desperate for live events, I知 expecting sell-outs.
Old 01-03-2021, 01:43 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by spt1978 View Post
I知 expecting the opposite, people are desperate for live events, I知 expecting sell-outs.
Even without the current unusual circumstances, outside of the bubble of the BBS, there would be no problem for the club to sell tickets as normal.

The club's in a bit of a rough holding pattern right now, but a new season brings fresh opportunities
Old 01-03-2021, 01:44 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
With many people not taking on the clubs offer of giving them a 」400-500 loan interest free for the year will there be a early bird discount for previous ST holders?

There could be a lot of people being asked to spend over 」500 for a product they are saying they are struggling to even watch on TV.

Guess we will find out when ST's go on sale for next season.
Old 01-03-2021, 01:54 PM

Eagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I can't see loads of people rushing back to watch this dross.
Old 01-03-2021, 02:20 PM

Gathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Black View Post
People will but their voices and discontent will be heard
Old 01-03-2021, 02:26 PM

Bizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
With many people not taking on the clubs offer of giving them a 」400-500 loan interest free for the year will there be a early bird discount for previous ST holders?

There could be a lot of people being asked to spend over 」500 for a product they are saying they are struggling to even watch on TV.

Guess we will find out when ST's go on sale for next season.
I didnt buy a season ticket this year, but as bored as i am of the current performances, i'll be straight in as soon the country is opened up again.
Old 01-03-2021, 02:29 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizarro View Post
I didnt buy a season ticket this year, but as bored as i am of the current performances, i'll be straight in as soon the country is opened up again.
I am undecided. Not having football has meant that we have had the opportunity to do lots of other stuff with the family which has been great. The current offer is certainly not encouraging a return where the 90 minutes is a fraction of the 7 hours door to door to attend.

That said I expect we will have a different manager with a different outlook next year which might help inspire, just not sure how the timing of knowing that will work with the timing of any ST discount.
Old 01-03-2021, 02:46 PM

ChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Black View Post
First home game with no restrictions will be a sell out.
Old 01-03-2021, 02:51 PM

BringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
I am undecided. Not having football has meant that we have had the opportunity to do lots of other stuff with the family which has been great. The current offer is certainly not encouraging a return where the 90 minutes is a fraction of the 7 hours door to door to attend.

That said I expect we will have a different manager with a different outlook next year which might help inspire, just not sure how the timing of knowing that will work with the timing of any ST discount.
This is where I'm at, if I know Roy is here next season I'll be looking for my 」200 holding fee back and the seat can go to someone else. Don't love the club any less than I did, just think there's better way to spend time and money than watching something that I don't enjoy.
Old 01-03-2021, 02:57 PM

Dave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrace Bickle View Post
Look, the hot tubs aren't cleaned as much as they used to be, but the service at the champagne and seafood bar these days is to die for.

My last foot masseuse in the Whitehorse was a bit rough, other than that, not sure why people complain.
Old 01-03-2021, 02:59 PM

bodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizarro View Post
Me to
Old 01-03-2021, 03:08 PM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
Hairy crack.
Old 01-03-2021, 04:07 PM
You looking at me?

Terrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hedgehog View Post
Look, the hot tubs aren't cleaned as much as they used to be, but the service at the champagne and seafood bar these days is to die for.

My last foot masseuse in the Whitehorse was a bit rough, other than that, not sure why people complain.
Perhaps the piss isn't deep enough in the toilets?

I see Steve Parish came out of hiding on Twitter today.
Old 01-03-2021, 04:10 PM
You looking at me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringbackShipps View Post
Don't love the club any less than I did, just think there's better way to spend time and money than watching something that I don't enjoy.
Amen, watching paint dry has been suggested, but I've run out of decorating. Maybe I could sit and watch my toenails grow for 90 mins. It could rival yesterday's excitement.
Old 01-03-2021, 04:13 PM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiswickEagle View Post
First home game with no restrictions will be a sell out.
An Arthur Wait full of tourists, borders should be open by then