Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 20-03-2021, 04:05 PM

exiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is here
I am not convinced there will be a huge exodus of players . It would not surprise me if we offered new contracts to Ward , Clyne , Cahill , McCarthy , PVA and Townsend . Players to leave Hennessey , Dann , Sakho , Wickham , Batshuayi and Benteke .
You would hope Ferguson , Eze , Mateta and Reidawald would be pushing for first team starts . Hopefully we have targets in mind . Some promising but experienced younger players and some perhaps more experienced in the 25 to 27 agree range . 2 central defenders , 2 wide players , 1 central midfielder who will definitely start and a striker . A decent Manager should be able to keep us . It looks like 3 from Norwich , Watford , Swansea and Brentford will get promoted . You would hope we have enough about us to finish above those 3 .
All about opinions but i feel Eddie Howe would make us more offensive , especially against teams our level . I like Roy Hodgson but i doubt he would change our philosophy if we gave him another 1 year contract , why should he ? , his sole aim would to finish his career by keeping us up . Yes a new Manager has risks but so does keeping Roy . Could it be one year too much for him ? .

Last edited by exiledeagle; 20-03-2021 at 04:07 PM.
Old 20-03-2021, 04:07 PM

Panther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by exiledeagle View Post
It looks like 3 from Norwich , Watford , Swansea and Watford will get promoted .
Blimey, one Watfordís bad enough!
Old 20-03-2021, 04:11 PM

exiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
I do worry what Howe managing us with Cahill still playing regularly will look like.

If he arrives we will need a younger centre back in there.
Whoever is Manager , we need a younger central defender who is competing to start - i would not be surprised if a few of our incomings are loans . Kouyate has been a plus this season , he has an error in him but i rate him more than Sakho .
Old 20-03-2021, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
Blimey, one Watfordís bad enough!
I edited just before anyone noticed - well apart from you
Old 20-03-2021, 04:18 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
I do worry what Howe managing us with Cahill still playing regularly will look like.

If he arrives we will need a younger centre back in there.
We definitely need another CB option that has reasonable pace. we don't have a pair of CBs (I am assuming Kelly still has problems) that can push us high and trying to do that with the current squad has issues in all 3 sections of the park. It's a lot to fox to meet some of the expectations expressed on here at least.

I have been convinced that Roy would move on this Summer and that it is in his interests and the club at some point has to deal with him moving on. With the lack of transfers, the constant fan moans and simply the over familiarity it just felt as if this was the time it would happen. I just couldn't get my head around quite how that would work. The players, squad balance, a new Manager and so on. It's easy to say well a new Manager and new players but it's a tough ask. The same manager with the same players is likely a recipe for disaster too and even worse a new Manager, same players.

So I am starting to think well maybe SP will go one more year and ask Roy to stay, Roy should say no or make tough demands but it would be his last throw of the Manager dice and maybe he would weaken and just sign up with little support. None of this works unless a decent number of new players come in. It just makes my head hurt. I don't seriously think it would be on this basis but there is a natural scapegoat get out clause if Roy does stay. An Insurance policy. Right now I would still think Roy leaves but I am less sure than I was a couple of weeks ago.

The thought that this will go on for weeks yet is disturbing
Old 20-03-2021, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
We definitely need another CB option that has reasonable pace. we don't have a pair of CBs (I am assuming Kelly still has problems) that can push us high and trying to do that with the current squad has issues in all 3 sections of the park. It's a lot to fox to meet some of the expectations expressed on here at least.

I have been convinced that Roy would move on this Summer and that it is in his interests and the club at some point has to deal with him moving on. With the lack of transfers, the constant fan moans and simply the over familiarity it just felt as if this was the time it would happen. I just couldn't get my head around quite how that would work. The players, squad balance, a new Manager and so on. It's easy to say well a new Manager and new players but it's a tough ask. The same manager with the same players is likely a recipe for disaster too and even worse a new Manager, same players.

So I am starting to think well maybe SP will go one more year and ask Roy to stay, Roy should say no or make tough demands but it would be his last throw of the Manager dice and maybe he would weaken and just sign up with little support. None of this works unless a decent number of new players come in. It just makes my head hurt. I don't seriously think it would be on this basis but there is a natural scapegoat get out clause if Roy does stay. An Insurance policy. Right now I would still think Roy leaves but I am less sure than I was a couple of weeks ago.

It is uncertain for us but maybe the club have already decided . When i have had a drink and am a little bit more positive about Palace , i feel it could be a positive time . We probably need about 7 players , not all first team starters ( 3 of these will probably be loans thus reducing financial risk )
Having maybe an energetic midfielder in the Gallagher mould ( not necessarily him ) and Flynn Downes as cover would be a start for midfield . We would still have Luka , Jairo and the 2 Maccas . 0ne thing we have to decide straight away is the future of Zaha .
Old 20-03-2021, 04:32 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post

Yeah, I was expecting change. And I still think we probably will have it.

But with the noises about lack of funds to spend, Roy does becomea safer/ more attractive option again.
Old 20-03-2021, 04:48 PM

Eagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If Roy does stay Parish might consider there being empty seats at Selhurst next season when the fans are allowed back.

alot of people don't want to spend their hard earned watching us defend for most of the game with hardly a shot on goal.
Old 20-03-2021, 04:48 PM

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by exiledeagle View Post
It is uncertain for us but maybe the club have already decided . When i have had a drink and am a little bit more positive about Palace , i feel it could be a positive time . We probably need about 7 players , not all first team starters ( 3 of these will probably be loans thus reducing financial risk )
Having maybe an energetic midfielder in the Gallagher mould ( not necessarily him ) and Flynn Downes as cover would be a start for midfield . We would still have Luka , Jairo and the 2 Maccas . 0ne thing we have to decide straight away is the future of Zaha .
Agree on the latter 100%. No good finding that out late on as it defines the approach to the window. I naturally lean towards the younger players but the longer I have watched football the more I have understood Hansen's ill fated quote. There are exceptions but it helps if they are the quality of the class of '92. Trying to do it with average youngsters is not likely to work.
Old 20-03-2021, 04:49 PM

stumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Black View Post
If Roy does stay Parish might consider there being empty seats at Selhurst next season when the fans are allowed back.

alot of people don't want to spend their hard earned watching us defend for most of the game with hardly a shot on goal.
No chance. People will want to see Premier league football however we're playing.
Old 20-03-2021, 04:54 PM
Anything from Milan?

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Quote:

People are so eager for live activity, stadium will be full if we are allowed in.
Old 20-03-2021, 04:54 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpy feelers View Post
No chance. People will want to see Premier league football however we're playing.
Agree.
Old 20-03-2021, 04:58 PM
I'm thinking about it

I'm sure we will look to sign youngsters where possible.

But with the amount of players we need and the limitations of our budget the only sensible way to deal may well involve a few more canny cheapish, oldish players who can do a job for a couple of seasons again.

There may need to be more McCarthy/ Cahill/ Ayew type signings because we won't be able to afford 5 or 6 exciting younger talents. The likes of Lundstram would make sense. Hopefully with a couple of younger players who do cost more too.

If that is the situation, then the case for keeping Roy to stay must surely be considered.
Old 20-03-2021, 05:01 PM

Quote:

But equally part of that decision will be weighing up how many they lose if we are relegated. Not suggesting what the right answer is, more that itís not necessarily the biggest factor. Whoever we have in charge next year, if we get relegated there will be a lot more moans and groans than we have right now. Itís not a simple decision by any stretch. I donít think itís straightforward for Roy either TBH but for different reasons.
Old 20-03-2021, 05:05 PM

palace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is here
Quote:

A lot of people? The plastic people.

Iíll definitely be going to games. If the match day experience was all about results and style of play Iíd have stopped going decades ago!!
Old 20-03-2021, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by palace_burger View Post
A lot of people? The plastic people.

Iíll definitely be going to games. If the match day experience was all about results and style of play Iíd have stopped going decades ago!!
Old 20-03-2021, 05:29 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:

I doubt it.

EDIT I mean I doubt there will be lots of empty seats due to Roy staying.

Last edited by Eddie McGoldrick's tash; 20-03-2021 at 06:03 PM.
Old 20-03-2021, 06:40 PM

Eagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Btw i'll still go to games even if Roy stays.

But bloody hell gonna be a painful watch.
Old 20-03-2021, 07:26 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Just the novelty of being at football again could get me through whatever shite palace throws up on the pitch.
Old 20-03-2021, 07:56 PM

16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Not at all after this pandemic all grounds will be super full every week.