Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 06-04-2021, 01:48 PM

Ogilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
I can’t believe anyone wants BFS or Pulis back.
I agree and wouldn’t want either back. I do however think that Sams emergency signings were genius, I’m sure he got a ‘good drink’ from the agents but they were exactly as we needed at the time and I doubt our current DOF could provide such instant and required players in the need arose
Old 06-04-2021, 03:02 PM

hulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogilvy View Post
I agree and wouldn’t want either back. I do however think that Sams emergency signings were genius, I’m sure he got a ‘good drink’ from the agents but they were exactly as we needed at the time and I doubt our current DOF could provide such instant and required players in the need arose
Dougie should meet him in a hotel this summer with a suitcase full of unmarked notes for his advice on who to sign.
Old 06-04-2021, 03:43 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 06-04-2021, 03:48 PM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
Would never happen
Old 06-04-2021, 04:03 PM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkster View Post
Dougie should meet him in a hotel this summer with a suitcase full of unmarked notes for his advice on who to sign.

Benteke was a Pardew signing and Sakho was a Parish signing. BFS was PVA, Schlupp and Luka - not bad but not who saved us.
Old 06-04-2021, 04:03 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo ? View Post
Sadly I agree.
You don’t much for under 20M these days! It’s possible (eze) but you look at plenty of others that are in the 20-30M bracket.

I suggest it will also depend on who leaves over the summer too. (And the lack of clarity and decisions on this is scary!) but if we lose 5-8 players over the summer then we will need more than a few good replacements.
I would also say that the inevitable Zaha question will impact the transfer strategy too, when he goes we will have to invest properly or go down.

I hope behind the scenes that there is a strategy and plan for the next 5 years but it all feels very vague and drifting at the moment! Who are they players who is the manager etc, given we are now pretty much safe then surely this is the time to agreeing contracts and setting on a manager so that we can plan for a good summer. (Last thing we need is lots of players leaving and a some of chaos without a real plan and the excuses of difficult markets, couldn’t get the right players etc)
Not being funny why do you think it's vague and drifting? We need to get rid of most of those 13 odd players. Some we probably do want to keep I suspect one or both of Ward/Clyne, Cahill, Andros probably. Then I'm struggling.

I could see the club attempting to keep one of Benteke or Wickham. Bats is going to cost too much so unless we can loan him or get Chelsea's price right down he'll be off. However whether we should keep any of those three depends on our transfer budget and what wages they will accept.

The managerial position is clearly up for grabs as well. Question is who. The club clearly don't like to announce anything sometimes even after a deal has concluded. So I don't think we're drifting. The club however are not going to disadvantage themselves in the market by trying assuage fans getting their knickers in a twist.

Last edited by red&blue_moomin; 06-04-2021 at 04:08 PM.
Old 06-04-2021, 04:18 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogilvy View Post
That's been the point of having a DOF to increase our scouting networks. We at least have a scouting network now. We also now know the club has started scouting players on a multi year basis in the championship and below. Which we never did before.

Even the Sorloth deal he went for £24m odd rescuing a situation where we would have gotten a few million for him and got done by the first refusal clause the Turkish club had. So we at least made our money back on him.

Considering the only player we have actually spent real money on is Eze and we've gotten Vicente for nothing, Butland for peanuts Ferguson for potentially a lot less that the £12M odd we originally agreed and some bargains in Ayew, Cahill and Kouyate you can't complain too much in the money DF has wasted is in the region of a few million as opposed to what say Eddie Howe and his DOF spunked up the wall.
Old 06-04-2021, 04:21 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisophiex View Post
Frank DB mark 2. That’s all that SP will be thinking about.
Old 06-04-2021, 04:28 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisophiex View Post
From Rome to Thornton Heath. Hmm...

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 06-04-2021, 04:30 PM

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
The ‘lure of laaaaaaaaarrrrrnnnnnddddan’ init bruv
Old 06-04-2021, 04:31 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
The ‘lure of laaaaaaaaarrrrrnnnnnddddan’ init bruv
I’ll give his hair 3 weeks before it goes grey or falls out.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 06-04-2021, 05:34 PM

TWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is here
That's such a ******* lazy shit nothing article.
Old 06-04-2021, 06:25 PM

hulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Frank DB mark 2. That’s all that SP will be thinking about.
I imagine he’d do a lot more due diligence this time around. Doubt this guy would have the arrogance and general big swinging dickinshness that FDB has from all that he achieved as a player.
Old 06-04-2021, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Thornton Heath for a couple of hours every fortnight. The rest of the time a lovely central London gaff near the theatres and museums and other cultural landmarks and a multi million pound contact. What’s not to love about that??

Leave the job spec writing to me Bubbs.
Old 06-04-2021, 06:31 PM

Norwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is here
How can he be a FDB Mark II when this guy has actually won trophies in different countries and is currently a Europa League Manager?

Here's Andy Johnson He's More Than Capable... Of Scoring
And He Very Nearly Did.....
And Neil Shipperley has!!!
Old 06-04-2021, 06:36 PM
An old creakey.

Trolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
My good self will be in a state of "Surprise" if a new manager is appointed from abroad.
Old 06-04-2021, 06:38 PM

TWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwich_Eagle View Post
How can he be a FDB Mark II when this guy has actually won trophies in different countries and is currently a Europa League Manager?
Don't bring critical analysis into this.
Old 06-04-2021, 06:41 PM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Because hes foreign and workshop doesn't know things about foreigners and their wiley ways.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 06-04-2021, 06:46 PM

Quote:
I didn’t say he would be. I said SP will very much have that in mind. Once bitten etc
Old 06-04-2021, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Because hes foreign and workshop doesn't know things about foreigners and their wiley ways.
You seem to have spelt Worksop wrong. Please pay attention at the back of class.