Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 10-04-2021, 05:31 AM

Ian J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trolley View Post

Perhaps "Wor Roy" has decided that it is time to hang up his "Sure" coat,
Is your first name Offyer?
Old 10-04-2021, 06:07 AM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
Roy’s dad was from Newcastle iirc.
Don’t encourage him
Old 10-04-2021, 06:13 AM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
This gets said a lot and whilst I sort of know what they mean, I don't think that alone can be the reason for a relegation. A manager being caught in two minds certainly can but there is no reason they couldn't have changed their identity and been successful.

But I think it was simply bad appointments, Clement and Bradley were particularly bad, that cost them their PL status.

But it is interesting and a useful reminder. I see Roy criticised for being stubborn at times on here but I spin that round and see it another way. The fact he sticks to his ideas, doesn't bend to outside pressure or criticism is actually one of his strengths. The players know what he wants.
Could agree if he had a couple of more strings to his bow in his approach, eg systems and better set pieces
Old 10-04-2021, 06:40 AM
No authority but yourself

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcfan1 View Post
The lille manager is doing a good job
I've been saying this for years, but it's too late now he's way above our level.
Old 10-04-2021, 07:55 AM
An old creakey.

Trolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian J View Post
Is your first name Offyer?
My dear Ian J

My 'Nomme de plume' was borne out of the fact that my good lady wife has often said "You are off your Trolley".
My good self is afraid all this is rather inconsequential, diverting the debate away and the train needs to stay on the track.
A lot of speculation about the "Next manager" , fuelled by the fact that here we are 10 April and no news about the future of "Wor Roy".This will only continue all the time there is a "News blackout".

Last edited by Trolley; 10-04-2021 at 07:58 AM.
Old 10-04-2021, 07:56 AM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by philsick View Post
I've been saying this for years, but it's too late now he's way above our level.
Better check he’s not said anything remotely racist in his past...
Old 10-04-2021, 08:09 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereichstuff View Post
Don’t encourage him
Couldn’t resist . We need trolley on here to liven it up.
Old 10-04-2021, 08:19 AM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
Couldn’t resist . We need trolley on here to liven it up.
The only decent trolley is at your store.
Old 10-04-2021, 08:22 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Harsh.
Old 10-04-2021, 08:25 AM

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
Scott Parker wiv Roy and Ray guiding for a year ?
I really really don’t get this clamour for SP. He seems a nice bloke and all that but he’s about to take Fulham down, whichever way you look at it.

Exactly what has he done for people to think he would be a good manager to take over from Roy ?

Wilder has a better track record than Parker.
Old 10-04-2021, 08:37 AM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Quote:
We ended up with one of those trolleys where the wheels keep veering to the right.
Old 10-04-2021, 08:43 AM

TWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
I really really don’t get this clamour for SP. He seems a nice bloke and all that but he’s about to take Fulham down, whichever way you look at it.

Exactly what has he done for people to think he would be a good manager to take over from Roy ?

Wilder has a better track record than Parker.
Please don't subject me to that jacket and trouser with tie clip combo at selhurst
Old 10-04-2021, 08:46 AM

Quote:

I don’t either. If Roy goes I reckon it’s between Howe and dyche.
Old 10-04-2021, 08:56 AM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
BBC this morning say we are now chasing Howe. I can't see how Zaha will get on with a manager who instructed his whole side to kick the crap out of him.
Old 10-04-2021, 08:58 AM

Ron Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Could agree if he had a couple of more strings to his bow in his approach, eg systems and better set pieces
Exactly, and a plan B. I think (the Luvapoo game was a one off and seems to have affected them more than us but knowing us it'll be against us their home form recovers?) we are better against the really good teams if we actually attack a bit and don't just sit back and settle into a 4-0 or 5-0.
Old 10-04-2021, 09:04 AM

Ron Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Scott Parker wiv Roy and Ray guiding for a year ?
Really didn't like his bullying of a lino yesterday. I appreciate passion etc but shouting at him 'Do your job' when the lino can hardly shout back or walk over and chin him is like shouting at a shop assistant etc, it's just bullying.

Also as his team are on their way down and can't score or defend it's a bit rich saying do your job when Scotty is hardly doing his?
Old 10-04-2021, 09:10 AM

Friskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Better check he’s not said anything remotely racist in his past...
Do you want to make the same point again? **** me. Broken record.
Old 10-04-2021, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friskey View Post
Do you want to make the same point again? **** me. Broken record.
I can do yes, no problem.

While ever people are accusing others of being racist and not providing the evidence, I’ll be calling that bullshit out all day, every day.

If you don’t want to read it, put me on ignore.

HTH
Old 10-04-2021, 09:30 AM

Glenneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlenneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlenneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlenneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlenneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlenneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlenneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlenneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlenneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlenneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlenneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Roy for one more year 👍🔴🔵🦅
Old 10-04-2021, 09:37 AM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Dogers View Post
Really didn't like his bullying of a lino yesterday. I appreciate passion etc but shouting at him 'Do your job' when the lino can hardly shout back or walk over and chin him is like shouting at a shop assistant etc, it's just bullying.

Also as his team are on their way down and can't score or defend it's a bit rich saying do your job when Scotty is hardly doing his?
He's turned a 10 point deficit around and shown he can adapt his tactics and the way his team play. He has experience of relegation and promotion. But it's the way they are going down. Not capitulating week after week. They could have beaten Wolves.

Right now I'd like us to look at Parker. I've been looking at Lampards win % and reading up on his tactics on coaches voice he's actually half decent so I guess Lampard would not be the worst appointment either. Last of all Howe my concerns with Eddie is a) coaching experienced players b) young version of Pardew exciting but he needs to learn defending is important if he ever wants to become a top 10 manager. I'm concerned he might be too much of a purist. Rodgers appears to have learned so maybe Howe will too.