Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 03-08-2020, 09:41 AM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Excel Vs Sheets help

Please help to save my eyes !

Our company has moved away from excel to google sheets. I can convert no problem but I am having a problem with the view. Both are Calibri 11 but Sheets looks thinner and "less black" on my screen and I'm finding myself squinting. I've put the same sheet in both apps next to each other and sheets is definitely insipid.

Can anyone help please, my lot at work all have younger eyes and tell me to go to specsavers

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 03-08-2020, 09:51 AM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Check your zoom setting. It's underneath "view" at the top of the window.

I'd just move back to Excel tbh
Old 03-08-2020, 10:11 AM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Thanks but thats 100% both texts are the same size

I hate google stuff compared to Msoft but it saves my company a huge amount and its a generational thing on who can use it an those that just get frustrated.

this is a zoomed image it doesnt look so bad, but when its on the screen at normal size the difference is frustrating

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018

Last edited by Isle of Wight; 03-08-2020 at 11:39 AM.
Old 03-08-2020, 12:58 PM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Ah fair enough. Sorry, not sure then.
Old 03-08-2020, 01:18 PM
Vapour Enthusiast

se1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is here
If you're running Sheets in a web browser then the fonts will be rendered by that browser's own rendering engine.

I'd try switching browsers and see if it looks better for you - if you're using Safari, try Chrome or Firefox, and vice-versa. I guess you'd probably find the browser that renders fonts closest to Excel would be a MS browser like Edge, but I can't recommend that

The other thing you could try is increasing your browser's zoom setting, rather than the Sheets zoom setting. Eg Ctrl/Cmd + to zoom in on Chrome

Last edited by se1eagle; 03-08-2020 at 01:21 PM.