Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 21-08-2020, 04:33 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Latest Record Internet Speed (178 Tbps)

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Quote:
Working with two companies, Xtera and KDDI Research, the research team led by Dr Lidia Galdino (UCL Electronic & Electrical Engineering), achieved a data transmission rate of 178 terabits a second (178,000,000 megabits a second) – a speed at which it would be possible to download the entire Netflix library in less than a second.

The record, which is double the capacity of any system currently deployed in the world, was achieved by transmitting data through a much wider range of colours of light, or wavelengths, than is typically used in optical fibre. (Current infrastructure uses a limited spectrum bandwidth of 4.5THz, with 9THz commercial bandwidth systems entering the market, whereas the researchers used a bandwidth of 16.8THz.)

The benefit of the technique is that it can be deployed on already existing infrastructure cost-effectively, by upgrading the amplifiers that are located on optical fibre routes at 40-100km intervals. (Upgrading an amplifier would cost £16,000, while installing new optical fibres can, in urban areas, cost up to £450,000 a kilometre.)
Old 23-08-2020, 08:22 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
How will that translate to watching a Palace game on a dodgy stream and not having it buffer every 5 seconds?

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 23-08-2020, 08:24 PM

BERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
How will that translate to watching a Palace game on a dodgy stream and not having it buffer every 5 seconds?
Precisely. It's all grim.
Old 24-08-2020, 07:08 AM
CANDUB

Pidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is here
Whither Kermit?
Old 24-08-2020, 05:20 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
The President here has made big statement of getting Chile 5G ready. The main players in the 4G market don't come close to providing the service their 4G plans supposedly provide.

It's all about capacity, or you are just getting the same 70% service as everyone else. Slow on weekends and Friday evenings. Downloads that take 15 minutes occasionally, but at other times take 3 hours and crash ten minutes from the end.

I am sure that is the same everywhere.

Old 24-08-2020, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERT'S HEAD View Post
Precisely. It's all grim.
The streams are no better than they were 15 years ago. I don't see where the advancements are.

Unless it is storage capacity of Tik Tok videos on cellulars and ability to take a nice photo.

I am using Microsoft Teams, and the break up quality of the classes with multiple members is somewhat different to the images of six happy meeting members interacting that is pushed by publicity.

I suppose 5G will fix this, but it will just allow the videos and teamworking to be set up at cumbersome MB levels with no effort at keeping things to a sizeable scale. Thus, the same issues will persist.

You will be able to download 1.4GB files. Thus, no one will be making 480MBs anymore for a superfast download.