Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 23-10-2020, 04:17 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Upon reflection, I fear it may have been Lily The Pink by The Scaffold... Oh dear!
A bit of a follow-up story to this.

When I was clearing out my parents house, I took a bunch of records to a second hand record shop to get rid. I was basically just wanting to give them away. Most of them were my parents albums, but there were a few 45's of mine I didn't want.

Anyway, the guy takes a look, and sees Lily The Pink. He gets this big old reference book out and looks it up. Says to me that this is quite sort after and he'll give me £5.00 for it.

The other 20+ records, he gave me £3.00 for!
Old 23-10-2020, 04:32 PM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is here
Off the wall
Old 23-10-2020, 04:56 PM

mrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Parklife
Old 24-10-2020, 06:17 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
A bit of a follow-up story to this.

When I was clearing out my parents house, I took a bunch of records to a second hand record shop to get rid. I was basically just wanting to give them away. Most of them were my parents albums, but there were a few 45's of mine I didn't want.

Anyway, the guy takes a look, and sees Lily The Pink. He gets this big old reference book out and looks it up. Says to me that this is quite sort after and he'll give me £5.00 for it.

The other 20+ records, he gave me £3.00 for!
What an efficacious story.
Old 24-10-2020, 06:18 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Mine was a Beatles EP. But I'm buggerd if I can remember the name.
Old 24-10-2020, 07:02 AM

Skid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
First single
Precious to Me - Phil Seymour

First album
Like a Virgin - Madonna

I was only 12 at the time, that's my excuse.
Old 24-10-2020, 08:52 AM
Thinking

Bintang Sam the man is hereBintang Sam the man is hereBintang Sam the man is hereBintang Sam the man is hereBintang Sam the man is hereBintang Sam the man is hereBintang Sam the man is hereBintang Sam the man is hereBintang Sam the man is hereBintang Sam the man is hereBintang Sam the man is here
I can't remember the exact first ones. But singles cost 6s 8d at the time and I remember golden guinea LPs. So mid 60s

Mostly Tamla Motown, soul, stax. Had hundreds of records as I DJ'ed at a local club.
Old 24-10-2020, 09:32 AM

Jerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is here
Leif Garrett - I was made for dancing.
Old 24-10-2020, 09:42 AM
AWM V 42 124,125

Brummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is here
Son of a Preacher man
Dusty Springfield

From the record shop in Beckenham High Street 6s 8d I believe.

Old 24-10-2020, 10:33 AM

Dogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Back home (1970 World cup squad )
Old 24-10-2020, 11:32 AM
Thinking

Bintang Sam the man is hereBintang Sam the man is hereBintang Sam the man is hereBintang Sam the man is hereBintang Sam the man is hereBintang Sam the man is hereBintang Sam the man is hereBintang Sam the man is hereBintang Sam the man is hereBintang Sam the man is hereBintang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bintang View Post
I can't remember the exact first ones. But singles cost 6s 8d at the time and I remember golden guinea LPs. So mid 60s

Mostly Tamla Motown, soul, stax. Had hundreds of records as I DJ'ed at a local club.
OK, brain kicked in. My first single was The Tornados - Telstar 1962.
Old 24-10-2020, 11:33 AM

Danny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is here
The Knack - My Sharona.
Old 24-10-2020, 11:34 AM

legaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is here
First LP, The Best Of The Beach Boys
Old 24-10-2020, 11:35 AM
Tunbridge Wells Massive

Dobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is here
Elvis Presley. Jailhouse Rock 78.
Probably worth a fortune now.
Old 24-10-2020, 11:45 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
First ‘records’ I bought myself with my cash was
Single - Can’t buy me love/You can’t do that - Beatles
Album - Led Zeppelin II

First vinyl I owned was an EP - Tommy the Toreador /Little White Bull - Tommy Steele, a birthday present.
Old 24-10-2020, 02:38 PM

Hazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polish Pete View Post
Empire Strikes Back soundtrack on Vinyl. I still have it and brought it over from the UK in the move. Its in a very scratched state
I’ve got that too, think I’ve only played it twice!
Old 24-10-2020, 02:59 PM

Malaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
First single either You really got me The Kinks or Cant Explain the Who. Too long ago!!
First album GI Blues Elvis
Old 24-10-2020, 04:51 PM
Certa Cito

Salisbury : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSalisbury : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSalisbury : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSalisbury : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSalisbury : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSalisbury : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSalisbury : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSalisbury : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSalisbury : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSalisbury : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSalisbury : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I think it was The Motors - Airport.
Old 24-10-2020, 05:55 PM

neildp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineneildp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineneildp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineneildp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineneildp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineneildp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineneildp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineneildp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineneildp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineneildp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineneildp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I feel fine by the Beatles
Old 24-10-2020, 06:31 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE View Post
What an efficacious story.
I had to Google that!