Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 17-06-2020, 04:00 PM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Cyberpunk 2077

First announced 2012, more recent delays but now set for September 17th

Huge game set in a massive futuristic world, possible GOTY contender

Old 18-06-2020, 03:40 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Witcher 3 possibly beat game ever. Certainly a contender. So really looking forward to this, even though it’ll be a good few years before I get round to playing it. Though at least all the DLC will be out by the time I do
Old 18-06-2020, 03:40 PM

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Old 18-06-2020, 03:41 PM
King of Curry

Lombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I have been following this game for a few months and it is of interest to me. I originally thought it was only going to be out on PC, but happy to see it seems to be coming to PS4 too, eventually.
Old 18-06-2020, 04:25 PM
Banned by Moderators

Coastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Be very surprised if this wasn't optimised for PS5.

Last edited by Coastal Palace; 18-06-2020 at 04:49 PM.
Old 08-12-2020, 06:20 PM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Finally being released on the 10th, ign likes it

Old 09-12-2020, 10:26 PM

cranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is here
Doe the advertising or the premise for this game bother anyone.

'What makes you a criminal

Getting caught'

Is that a good message to put out?
Old 10-12-2020, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranesparkeagle View Post

Getting caught'

Given that I regularly play games where I shotgun someone in the face, not really

Iím not sure entertainment (books, films, TV, games) have any responsibility to have a positive message. Sometimes they may. But itís often mere escapism, which is fine.
Old 10-12-2020, 01:57 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Haha. On PS4 it looks like a game from the early naughties.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 10-12-2020, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle View Post

Old 11-12-2020, 01:03 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Swanny32 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Swanny32 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Swanny32 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Swanny32 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Swanny32 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Swanny32 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Swanny32 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Swanny32 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Swanny32 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Swanny32 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
I keep seeing this advertised, assuming it’s not as good as first thought?

Golf handicap - 7.7
Old 14-12-2020, 11:44 AM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Been playing this, for about 10 hours or so now, and its pretty amazing. Yes, graphically its a bit dated, but give the sheer size and content, its not that bad. I remember the original Deus Ex on PS1 looked poor compared to most other PS 1 games, didn't stop it being one of the best games released on that console.

Worth noting the animation routines in Witcher 3 weren't exactly cutting edge, even in the FMV sequences.

So far I'm loving it, and have hit only two bugs / issues, both being fairly minor. But its an open world game, vast and been out for 4 days. I'd be wary about buying it on PC - as that usually is where you get the biggest bugs (uncontrolled operating infrastructure is a nightmare to develop accurately for).

But I don't remember a single game being launched in recent years without a massive cry of 'Broken' being levelled at it by people who'll then spam that into very forum.
Old 14-12-2020, 11:46 AM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranesparkeagle View Post

Getting caught'

Yes, as its a correct statement. You're only a criminal if you are caught (and convicted).
Old 14-12-2020, 11:50 AM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
I have it on PC, played the prelude bit, which took me a couple of hours.

I'm now reinstalling from scratch because the massive patch install just kept crashing.

Bug wise, I've encountered a few. It seems to be a factor of how good your graphics card is, and there's quite a lot of tweaking to settings to get an optimum set up for your situation.

The game itself, so far, is very good. Interesting premise and the story seems to be developing very nicely. It's complex and a little overwhelming at the start.
Old 17-12-2020, 07:25 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle View Post

Completely unplayable on old gen consoles apparently, as low as 10 fps at times.
Old 18-12-2020, 05:22 AM
Fay Wray

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here

"Sony pulls Cyberpunk 2077 from PlayStation store"

Quote:
Sony has pulled the game Cyberpunk 2077 from the PlayStation store and offered refunds.

Players complained that Cyberpunk 2077 has been riddled with bugs and glitches and is prone to crashes.
Old 18-12-2020, 11:31 AM

I have been laughing so hard at some of the glitches on the original Xbox one/PS4. But it’s a next game on seven year old hardware. I’m not surprised but a bit shitty of the company. Should have been PC/next gen only.
Old 18-12-2020, 12:37 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
I have been laughing so hard at some of the glitches on the original Xbox one/PS4. But itís a next game on seven year old hardware. Iím not surprised but a bit shitty of the company. Should have been PC/next gen only.

I think its great as its giving me the prefect excuse to buy a PS5 if a: I can find one b: I get a job

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 18-12-2020, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Completely unplayable on old gen consoles apparently, as low as 10 fps at times.
Not on mine - Ok, its not smooth as Doom, its probably hovering around the 20 to 24 mark.

Now its buggy, got some glitches and has some issues, but I wouldn't say my experience is that its unplayable, as I've already racked up about 25 hours (usually enough to complete many games). Also a lot of issues getting reported are reposts, including people who haven't actually played the game as well and some even seem to directly reference events that are not at all like they are in the game.

A few friends of mine had taken issue to the game before it was even launched, finding whatever complaint they could to hang their excuse on, some justified maybe, others definitely stretching it.

A friend of mine commissioned an internal study of the gamer community for his primary product gamer base, based on complaints about games being 'Pay to Win'. What a lot of these gamers never realised is that on the company forum, their IP is recorded, and they set up with a user account with an email address and each sale is recorded against not just the users account but also their IP is recorded, along with an email confirmation.

Around 80% of those complaining about 'Pay to Win' in games, were in fact the games best customers for in game purchases. Upwards of 30% of those posting probably didn't even play the game, and had never played the game in question.

His interest, he's a Marketing Manager, was in demonstrating that the problem of games companies is that they're listening to the wrong customers (and that their customer relations managers are focused on the wrong people - the loudest and most vocal complainers, rarely are good customers).

An interesting issue regarding bugs, in general, on PC, is that players assume its the code, not their hardware set up. A lot of bug fixing can be avoided if players regularly updated their system drivers and regularly patched their operating systems.

I wouldn't say its flawless, its definitely buggy.

Gamers are an entitled and opinionated bunch, and as bad as hipsters when it comes to anything popular.

Like any new AAA high end title that comes out, its got issues and flaws. But these get amplified disproportionately to the reality. Launch day aint Launch day without a massive bunch of people spamming the forum in Nerd Rage at slight grievances blown out of proportion.

In about 6 weeks to 3 months it'll go from being 'a terrible unplayable mess of bugs and issues', and by the end of next year it'll be picking up Game of the Year Awards left right and centre - Just like it always is.
Old 18-12-2020, 01:55 PM

carter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is here
I’ve just got myself an Xbox Series S. My mate says it’s not worth buying this until they release the optimised version?