Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 15-11-2020, 06:50 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Reducing File Size

I have two camera shots of one page each I need to send online.

The stupid governmental system says you can attach up to 5 jpg, pdf docs, but only gives you a maximum of 7MB to send.

Sod's law means that these file are 4MB each as JPGs and three times as much each as PDFs. I don't know why they are so big.

What is the easiest way of reducing their size on my dektop or downloading them from my camera in a smaller size?

Is an online scanner the best option?

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 15-11-2020, 07:30 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
I usually find that the .jpg's are bigger than .pdf's so not a lot of help.

I was going to say save the .jpg's as .pdf's, but that doesn't seem to be your problem.
Old 15-11-2020, 07:39 PM

READING EAGLE is just too good for youREADING EAGLE is just too good for youREADING EAGLE is just too good for youREADING EAGLE is just too good for youREADING EAGLE is just too good for youREADING EAGLE is just too good for youREADING EAGLE is just too good for youREADING EAGLE is just too good for youREADING EAGLE is just too good for youREADING EAGLE is just too good for youREADING EAGLE is just too good for you
Insert into a word document and compress the photographs before doing a cute pdf to send.
Old 15-11-2020, 07:44 PM
Fay Wray

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
If you open the JPG in windows it will probably launch the JPG into 'Photos' where there is an option to RESIZE the document (an option under the '...' menu on the top right) - so you are going to reduce it from 16 megapixel or whatever to 8, or 8 to 4 etc. then save the file. You might want to take copies of the original files in case you screw it up.
Old 15-11-2020, 07:46 PM

Hazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Can you zip file them?
Old 15-11-2020, 07:49 PM

I H8 CWEED came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietI H8 CWEED came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietI H8 CWEED came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietI H8 CWEED came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietI H8 CWEED came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietI H8 CWEED came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietI H8 CWEED came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietI H8 CWEED came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietI H8 CWEED came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietI H8 CWEED came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietI H8 CWEED came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Go on ilovepdf.com, then compress your PDF
Old 15-11-2020, 08:16 PM
Fay Wray

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazbaz View Post
Can you zip file them?
JPEGs are already compressed. Zipping will only make them a TINY bit smaller but may possibly make them a TINY bit larger!
Old 15-11-2020, 08:18 PM
Fay Wray

If you don't want to mess around on your desktop there are loads of websites that offer to resize for you - although obviously you might have security concerns depending on the content of your images.

Type "resize my jpeg" into Google.
Old 15-11-2020, 08:26 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Thanks All. I mánaged to take the photos with a lower resolución. Now I dont have internet...so hace to wait anyway.

Top tops for the future.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 16-11-2020, 09:47 AM
substitute

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
If you have a mac ImageOptim is a great piece of software for optimising images and reducing file sizes by a lot. They have a list of recommendations for other platforms too: To view the link you have to Register or Login