Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 17-11-2020, 03:04 PM

western eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestern eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestern eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestern eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestern eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestern eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestern eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestern eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestern eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestern eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestern eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Which pisstake/joke about Palace made you laugh?

I must admit after the 9-0 stuffing at Anfield I did LOL at the "What have Michael Jackson and Perry Digweed got in common" joke.

It must have been caused by the hysteria in the aftermath, as I hated the bloke who first told me it.
Old 17-11-2020, 03:08 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Tease
Old 17-11-2020, 03:08 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Shouldn't that be Perry Suckling? Or am I being whooshed?
Old 17-11-2020, 03:16 PM
Laths

laths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Driving up-to Ipswich Town away sometime after our 9 nil thrashing at Liverpool, we were overtaken by a car displaying Brighton stickers etc. My car also displayed palace stickers .
Giving them the finger gesticulation treatment the feccers displayed a huge 9 - 0 sign across their back window. Talk about being prepared.
Old 17-11-2020, 03:28 PM
Glad All Over Forever

Stockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is here
I don't know, what have Michael Jackson and Perry Digweed (Suckling*) got in common?

*Not sure if Perry Digweed (Fulham/Brighton/Chelsea/Wimbledon) is intended, or whether it should be Perry Suckling who was in goal for us for the 9-0.
Old 17-11-2020, 03:32 PM

big bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is here
Perry Suckling and Peter Shilton unfortunately passed away on the same day. They're sitting together nervously in Gods waiting room, ready to be interviewed to see if they are suitable for heaven.
St Peter comes out and calls in Perry first. "What's your name? date of birth etc. Then he asked him, " and what was your occupation when you were down on earth? "A goalkeeper with Crystal Palace," said Perry. "Okay in you go said Pete, opening the door to heaven.
Next, he calls Shilts. When he got to asking him his occupation Shilton replied, "I was England's top goalkeeper for many years and I got 125 caps for my country."
"Sorry," said Peter," but heavens full up with keepers. We haven't allowed any more to enter in years."
"But you let Perry in," said a puzzled Shilts.
St Peter beckoned Shilton over, then whispering in his ear said, "between you and me he's no fxckin goalkeeper."

Last edited by big bad John; 17-11-2020 at 03:35 PM.
Old 17-11-2020, 03:37 PM

BERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockport_Eagle View Post
I don't know, what have Michael Jackson and Perry Digweed (Suckling*) got in common?

*Not sure if Perry Digweed (Fulham/Brighton/Chelsea/Wimbledon) is intended, or whether it should be Perry Suckling who was in goal for us for the 9-0.
Digweed appeared in Mean Machine.
Old 17-11-2020, 03:38 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
In the spirit of the thread intent (despite the big fail) I've always liked the story that was attributed to having been told by Steve Coppell so is an acceptable piss take.

Palace were a bit short of players for a training session game, so he (Coppell) placed some dustbins strategically about the pitch to represent opposition players.

After 20 minutes the dustbins were winning 2-0!
Old 17-11-2020, 03:45 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad John View Post
Perry Suckling and Peter Shilton unfortunately passed away on the same day. They're sitting together nervously in Gods waiting room, ready to be interviewed to see if they are suitable for heaven.
St Peter comes out and calls in Perry first. "What's your name? date of birth etc. Then he asked him, " and what was your occupation when you were down on earth? "A goalkeeper with Crystal Palace," said Perry. "Okay in you go said Pete, opening the door to heaven.
Next, he calls Shilts. When he got to asking him his occupation Shilton replied, "I was England's top goalkeeper for many years and I got 125 caps for my country."
"Sorry," said Peter," but heavens full up with keepers. We haven't allowed any more to enter in years."
"But you let Perry in," said a puzzled Shilts.
St Peter beckoned Shilton over, then whispering in his ear said, "between you and me he's no fxckin goalkeeper."
Better without the last two lines.
Old 17-11-2020, 03:51 PM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
I thought it was funny when Vardy scored and did a comedy eagle flapping run in front of the holmesdale. After copping so much abuse about his wife being a grass. Fair play to him.
Old 17-11-2020, 04:15 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopKnot View Post
I thought it was funny when Vardy scored and did a comedy eagle flapping run in front of the holmesdale. After copping so much abuse about his wife being a grass. Fair play to him.
Some were.... errr. spitting feathers. I actually burst out laughing. Funny as ****.
Old 17-11-2020, 04:17 PM

western eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestern eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestern eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestern eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestern eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestern eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestern eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestern eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestern eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestern eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestern eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Shouldn't that be Perry Suckling? Or am I being whooshed?
You're right, I'm wrong. I'm still recovering from the damage of that evening.
Old 17-11-2020, 04:50 PM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by western eagle View Post
You're right, I'm wrong. I'm still recovering from the damage of that evening.
Rule 2 of comedy... get the names right.

Rule 1 of comedy... never explain your jokes.

Rule 3 of comedy... don't give up your day job.

Old 22-11-2020, 07:28 AM

barnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Eric Morecambe at the Fairfield Halls 1973.

58.30:
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 22-11-2020, 09:02 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Dalglish moaning after the 9 nil that Liverpool should have had 2 pens was great dry humour which was totally lost on me at the time.

Vision for Bangladesh. Please donate if you can

www.visionforbangladesh.org