Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 29-11-2020, 08:01 PM

cad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Gary Lowe RIP

Just learned of the sad passing last month of former Palace youth team player Gary Lowe.

I don't think this has been mentioned on any of the Palace boards, but I think his passing deserves a mention. I remember him as being big mates with Steve Lovell and David Fry.

Condolences to all his friends and family.

Joining Palace in 1976 at the age of 17, Gary was a regular in the South East Counties league side and a member of Palace’s FA Youth Cup winning squads in 1977 and 1978.

He left to join Manchester City in 1979 and then had spells at Hereford United and Cheltenham Town.

He is pictured below (2nd from the right in the back row) in the triumphant 1977 FA Youth Cup winning side team group.

This obituary provides a fitting tribute to his career: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1977 winners.jpg (108.1 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg img20201129_20340882.jpg (160.0 KB, 88 views)
Old 30-11-2020, 10:13 AM

LuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is here
I have to admit eventhough i followed the the Youth setup in those days but clearly not as you have so unfortunately i cant recall Gary Lowe in the same way, but so sad to hear the news of his passing at such a young age.

R.I.P Gary Lowe
Old 30-11-2020, 10:22 AM

cad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
I have to admit eventhough i followed the the Youth setup in those days but clearly not as you have so unfortunately i cant recall Gary Lowe in the same way, but so sad to hear the news of his passing at such a young age.

R.I.P Gary Lowe
In fairness, while a regular SE Counties league player, I don't believe he actually played in any of those FA Youth cup games. He was, however, one of the squad players.
Old 30-11-2020, 10:30 AM

selhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cad View Post
Just learned of the sad passing last month of former Palace youth team player Gary Lowe.

I don't think this has been mentioned on any of the Palace boards, but I think his passing deserves a mention. I remember him as being big mates with Steve Lovell and David Fry.

Condolences to all his friends and family.

Joining Palace in 1976 at the age of 17, Gary was a regular in the South East Counties league side and a member of Palace’s FA Youth Cup winning squads in 1977 and 1978.

He left to join Manchester City in 1979 and then had spells at Hereford United and Cheltenham Town.

He is pictured below (2nd from the right in the back row) in the triumphant 1977 FA Youth Cup winning side team group.

This obituary provides a fitting tribute to his career: To view the link you have to Register or Login
RIP Gary.
Old 30-11-2020, 05:50 PM

LuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cad View Post
In fairness, while a regular SE Counties league player, I don't believe he actually played in any of those FA Youth cup games. He was, however, one of the squad players.
Thanks for that, very sad news of his passing.
Old 02-12-2020, 11:17 AM

ian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Gary I think was usually found in central defence at a time when Billy Gilbert and Peter Nicholas were ahead of him.
Old 03-12-2020, 07:56 AM

barnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Remember him well. Shocked to hear of his passing.