Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 10-12-2020, 11:31 AM

Harry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Microsoft Office

After a bit of help / advice..

Got a couple of new laptops that I need to add word and excel to, what is the best way of doing this?

I cannot transfer this from my old laptop apparently (was a code not discs when loading it 5 or so years ago) and when I google it it appears to be a monthly amount of £7.99 now?!

Last time I did this my work had a deal where you get it all for £10.00 - nothing available like that now sadly
Old 10-12-2020, 11:53 AM

bonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Older editions on ebay for dirt cheap via code. That's how I've always got set up on new computers.
Gotta get them before ebay take them down but they constantly relist under new usernames and send code in minutes.
Old 10-12-2020, 11:56 AM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Groupon were doing a deal recently for Office 2016 for £20
Old 10-12-2020, 11:58 AM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
£24 now but the latest is £80 a year so well worth it:

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 10-12-2020, 12:46 PM

Harry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Cheers, much appreciated
Old 10-12-2020, 11:11 PM

speagle is just too good for youspeagle is just too good for youspeagle is just too good for youspeagle is just too good for youspeagle is just too good for youspeagle is just too good for youspeagle is just too good for youspeagle is just too good for youspeagle is just too good for youspeagle is just too good for youspeagle is just too good for you
Argos often do office 365 Family for £40 a year. You get to use on 6 machines. each user also gets 1tb cloud storage. We use this on four machines so works out good value.
Old 11-12-2020, 06:55 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by speagle View Post
Argos often do office 365 Family for £40 a year. You get to use on 6 machines. each user also gets 1tb cloud storage. We use this on four machines so works out good value.
Thanks for that.
Old 11-12-2020, 06:59 AM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Also people should check with their employers as lots do a scheme with Microsoft so their employees have access to office at home on the cheap
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 13-12-2020, 09:30 AM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
There are free alternatives which are as good. They're only wanting if you want to exchange documents with Office that use lots of advanced and complicated features. I use LibreOffice and that's available for Linuix, iShite and Windoze 64 and 32 bit.

Old 13-12-2020, 09:43 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Microsoft Office

Quote:
Originally Posted by chateauferret View Post
There are free alternatives which are as good. They're only wanting if you want to exchange documents with Office that use lots of advanced and complicated features. I use LibreOffice and that's available for Linuix, iShite and Windoze 64 and 32 bit.

I use this... only use it for spreadsheets to send to accountant... never had a problem.

I assume it’s compatible with Microsoft

Last edited by mushroom; 13-12-2020 at 09:55 AM.
Old 13-12-2020, 10:46 AM

congress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecongress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecongress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecongress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecongress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecongress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecongress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecongress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecongress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecongress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecongress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I signed up for a month on office 365 to sort out some work and then decided to cancel the auto renew.When doing so it offered me an extra 3 months if i didnt cancel so i took up the offer.Once in my microsift account i decided to cancel again.It then offered me another month and so it went on,cancrl,renew,cancel renew.
I ended up with Office 365 for 10 months for £7.99.
Old 13-12-2020, 12:10 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by congress View Post
I signed up for a month on office 365 to sort out some work and then decided to cancel the auto renew.When doing so it offered me an extra 3 months if i didnt cancel so i took up the offer.Once in my microsift account i decided to cancel again.It then offered me another month and so it went on,cancrl,renew,cancel renew.
I ended up with Office 365 for 10 months for £7.99.

Great work.
Old 13-12-2020, 12:32 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chateauferret View Post

I've never had any problems with Libre office for working on Word and Excel docs. Much less intrusive than 365 too.

Werner Herzog
Old 13-12-2020, 12:47 PM
Certified Grumpy

T.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
You can use Excel and Word online with Microsoft for nothing.

Some limitations but mostly fine
Old 14-12-2020, 12:03 AM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
I use this... only use it for spreadsheets to send to accountant... never had a problem.

I assume it’s compatible with Microsoft
LibreOffice will open and save Microsoft formats no problem. You can even default it to do so then you don't even have to think about it. You can have the odd issue if you try to open a document that uses some feature that MS Office has but LibreOffice doesn't but unless you're into macros and stuff that isn't very likely for ordinary work. There are a couple of other suites, StarOffice I think is a bit old hat now and OpenOffice is another long standing open source office suite that LibreOffice was forked from.

For technical and academic documentation, especially with equations and stuff, TEX / LaTeX is the thing but that works rather differently from a wysiwyg word processor and has a learning curve.

To exchange documents with people who aren't going to edit them, export as PDFs then they don't need any particular software to read them and they should come out the same everywhere.
Old 24-12-2020, 08:31 PM

speagle is just too good for youspeagle is just too good for youspeagle is just too good for youspeagle is just too good for youspeagle is just too good for youspeagle is just too good for youspeagle is just too good for youspeagle is just too good for youspeagle is just too good for youspeagle is just too good for youspeagle is just too good for you
If anyone does want the office 360 family (six users) it's just gone on offer at argos for 39.99. item 883/7505
Old 24-12-2020, 09:39 PM

Lingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by speagle View Post
If anyone does want the office 360 family (six users) it's just gone on offer at argos for 39.99. item 883/7505
That's bloody typical! Ordered it from Argos a couple of weeks ago, sold out when I reached the store so had to be refunded, I've just bought it from Curry's for £49.99!
Old 26-12-2020, 11:19 AM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Microsoft C**ts have fcuked my PC during one of their "improvements". Doesn't get past the Lenovo startup screen now. Anyone know any good repairmen in SE25?
Old 26-12-2020, 11:47 AM

Hazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I bit the bullet and went for Office 365 it is the first time I’ve ever done a subscription type thing, it’s always been preloaded before, but family version is good value and you get the latest versions
Old 26-12-2020, 11:48 AM

Hazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by davech View Post
Microsoft C**ts have fcuked my PC during one of their "improvements". Doesn't get past the Lenovo startup screen now. Anyone know any good repairmen in SE25?
No but there’s a great little repair shop in Merstham if that helps