Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 04-03-2021, 01:21 PM
broke my sacrophiliac

Purepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is here
Didn't she used to wear a sort of white jacket/coat with different coloured stripes?
Old 04-03-2021, 10:27 PM
77/78 Admiral Away Torso

Del Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purepalace View Post
Some great photos on this site.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Not seen the tiers being built one before or the one without the boxes.

August 1969
Old 04-03-2021, 11:12 PM

Louis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Fenner View Post

August 1969
Ray Bloye, hang your head
Old 05-03-2021, 04:26 PM
Made in Bromley

monkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I must admit, I used to like watching the fights break out from the safety of the new stand enclosure back in the 70’s. I always used to feel quite sorry for that small group of away fans surrounded by palace only separated by a row of plod.
Old 06-03-2021, 11:01 PM

Paulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Stood there from 75 to 78 when 1st taken to SP. Would have been aged around 11 to 14. Remember always waiting for the trouble to start though it didn't happen each game. When it did the police came in to break it up but normally only succeeded in breaking it up into smaller fights each side of their line. My friend's older brother who took us thought we might start to get dragged into it so we moved to the Old Stand standing from 78/79.
Old 07-03-2021, 03:07 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
I was supposedly only allowed on the Whitehorse when I was young, as the Holmesdale was "full of yobs". But I always used to sneak round the ground at half time so I was behind the goal we were attacking.

Was on the Whitehorse for my first ever evening game. We lost 3-0 to Leeds in the cup
Old 07-03-2021, 04:44 PM
chubby browns joke writer

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by davech View Post
I was supposedly only allowed on the Whitehorse when I was young, as the Holmesdale was "full of yobs". But I always used to sneak round the ground at half time so I was behind the goal we were attacking.

Was on the Whitehorse for my first ever evening game. We lost 3-0 to Leeds in the cup
I think the whitehorse lads might just have had the edge on the naughty boy front

Impervious to fvck bullets
Old 07-03-2021, 05:24 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
I was queuing up to get in the Whitehorse once for a match against Luton and the police were checking the young fans to ensure Palace fans didn't get in. The police asked a fan in front what was the next town to Luton? The fan (who was Palace) got it right and said Dunstable. The guy behind must have only been half listening and when the police officer asked him what was the name of the Luton centre forward the fan said Dunstable.
Old 07-03-2021, 05:26 PM

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
I was queuing up to get in the Whitehorse once for a match against Luton and the police were checking the young fans to ensure Palace fans didn't get in. The police asked a fan in front what was the next town to Luton? The fan (who was Palace) got it right and said Dunstable. The guy behind must have only been half listening and when the police officer asked him what was the name of the Luton centre forward the fan said Dunstable.
Did he get in ?

Old 07-03-2021, 05:26 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by strolling bones View Post
Did he get in ?
No, the police then turned everyone else away too.
Old 07-03-2021, 05:30 PM

Quote:
No, the police then turned everyone else away too.
Dunstable must have been deserted that night

Old 07-03-2021, 05:41 PM
Vikings No 6

Big Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is here
Used to always go in the Whitehorse until about 1980-81 season. Used to always get a place behind the wall and was on there for that great game against Burnley. I remember one match against Cardiff which I guess was 1977 or 78 and there was a huge Cardiff fan wearing a boiler suit and looked like giant haystacks. I knew a few of the Whitehorse mob from my school kingsdale and some of them was in my brothers year and they was regularly in the fights that kicked off , they could only have been about 15 or 16.
Old 07-03-2021, 06:09 PM

BERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Gav View Post
Used to always go in the Whitehorse until about 1980-81 season. Used to always get a place behind the wall and was on there for that great game against Burnley. I remember one match against Cardiff which I guess was 1977 or 78 and there was a huge Cardiff fan wearing a boiler suit and looked like giant haystacks. I knew a few of the Whitehorse mob from my school kingsdale and some of them was in my brothers year and they was regularly in the fights that kicked off , they could only have been about 15 or 16.
In those days cause bother and you were thrown out or put in the back of a Black Maria or occasionally fined. Thatcher put paid to the football hooligan.
Old 07-03-2021, 06:33 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
Terracing on the Whitehorse??

Grass bank when I first went. Gradually slid down and moved back up at half time
There was terracing covering the bottom part so presumably you preferred the muddy bank.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)

Last edited by dave_who_ru; 07-03-2021 at 06:47 PM.
Old 07-03-2021, 08:41 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
There was terracing covering the bottom part so presumably you preferred the muddy bank.
Really, I only remember the muddy bank too, but I only went on it once or twice in early 1969, and see that it was developed in the ensuing 1969 close season
Old 08-03-2021, 09:33 AM

Spiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
Really, I only remember the muddy bank too, but I only went on it once or twice in early 1969, and see that it was developed in the ensuing 1969 close season
Most definitely was terracing further down. Muddy bank at the top, I seem to remember a muddy bank at very top of Holmesdale as well. May be wrong of course
Old 08-03-2021, 11:26 PM

CK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
my uncle took me, I was only 9-11 so don't remember that well
Old 12-03-2021, 01:17 PM

Battle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
That Halifax game. Are you sure it wasn’t Chesterfield? The wallers came into the Holmesdale as well that night but saw the terrace was full and then moved to the side towards the Park Lane.
Definitely Chesterfield I was at that game loads of Wall everywhere.
Old 12-03-2021, 04:08 PM

big bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
was only 9-11 so don't remember that well
How on earth can you forget that?
Old 27-03-2021, 08:52 PM

CK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad John View Post
How on earth can you forget that?
let me clarify I was 9 when I first went and I was actually at Heathrow waiting for a plane to China when all the sh!t happened