Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 12-04-2021, 08:50 AM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Benzhiyi's Book "One Year Without Social Media"

A lot of you will remember a former BBS regular (and mod!) Benzhiyi. Ben took a break from social media from 1 January 2020 and then decided to go on a journey. He wrote a book about going a year without social media, which for a Facebook and Twitter enthusiast, was quite the shift!

The book covers some Palace content, Wilf's racism battle, the Brighton rivalry and mentions certain former BBSers like Gooders and Sprite.

It is a great read and a lot of great work was put into it by Ben.

The book is released today on Amazon: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 12-04-2021, 09:30 AM
Fay Wray

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
I've gone for the Kindle edition
Old 12-04-2021, 09:38 AM
Palace 'til i die

Aki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Looks good, thanks Klinx
Old 12-04-2021, 09:53 AM
*Contents: Hydrogen, Time

Random* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Checking his profile:

Quote:
Last Activity: Today 10:25 AM
Rumbled!
Old 12-04-2021, 10:01 AM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random* View Post
Checking his profile:

Rumbled!
I told him about this post at 10.22!
Old 12-04-2021, 10:35 AM
Fay Wray

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
I'm reading the prologue, and Ben has just left The Prawn Vindaloo Appreciation Society facebook group Ben - I've sent you an invite to re-join
Old 12-04-2021, 10:36 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
So it's basically an addict's story?
Old 12-04-2021, 11:28 AM

Webb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Thanks for sharing, will definitely take a look. Many will know Ben much better than me (only met him a few times when I lived in Bristol), but not being a close friend wondered where he had 'gone' - always enjoyed reading articles, his posts on here and elsewhere. Hope you're well mate, if you read this!

I work professionally with social media to some degree and to be honest, really don't like it - can't wait to not work with it. I hate the relative anonymity of the abuse, the lack of regulation and ownership from the platforms, and the ability for people to seem not to be able to have a rational and well manner discussion before it lapses into personal insults for having a different opinion, the lack of fact-checking, ieI read it on the internet so it must be true, etc, the narcissism it brings out (guilty as charged on occasions of course) and the way it seems to be forcing people into narrow-minded silos or the need to micro-share everything. On a personal level, I have deleted my personal FB and don't miss it at all, but still have to use it daily for work, albeit from a different account. I really hate Twitter, and don't get me started on TikTok....maybe that's an age thing but it also just seems to be self-obsessed teenagers doing 'funny' dances, don't really get it. But I still have a personal IG (and I think this is the best/least worst platform if done well) and Linkedin that I use regularly again, mainly due to lockdown/work, but had a big break from around 18 months or so. I think if I didn't work with it, I would definitely consider a complete (or permanent) break.

Last edited by Webb; 12-04-2021 at 11:36 AM.
Old 12-04-2021, 11:51 AM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
As he used the phrase "levelling up" in the prologue, be a sport and tell him to stay away.
Old 12-04-2021, 11:53 AM
Captain Fun.

Benzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random* View Post
Checking his profile:

Rumbled!
Guilty… couldn't not look when Kolinkins sent me a link.

Nav, thank you for the kind words and hello again, long-lost friends.

http://tinyurl.com/yx6v6y9f
Old 12-04-2021, 11:55 AM
Noot! Noot!

FORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is here
Klinks, if you're looking for inspiration of things to do this month I don't think this is really going to cut it.
Old 12-04-2021, 12:21 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webb View Post
Thanks for sharing, will definitely take a look. Many will know Ben much better than me (only met him a few times when I lived in Bristol), but not being a close friend wondered where he had 'gone' - always enjoyed reading articles, his posts on here and elsewhere. Hope you're well mate, if you read this!

I work professionally with social media to some degree and to be honest, really don't like it - can't wait to not work with it. I hate the relative anonymity of the abuse, the lack of regulation and ownership from the platforms, and the ability for people to seem not to be able to have a rational and well manner discussion before it lapses into personal insults for having a different opinion, the lack of fact-checking, ieI read it on the internet so it must be true, etc, the narcissism it brings out (guilty as charged on occasions of course) and the way it seems to be forcing people into narrow-minded silos or the need to micro-share everything. On a personal level, I have deleted my personal FB and don't miss it at all, but still have to use it daily for work, albeit from a different account. I really hate Twitter, and don't get me started on TikTok....maybe that's an age thing but it also just seems to be self-obsessed teenagers doing 'funny' dances, don't really get it. But I still have a personal IG (and I think this is the best/least worst platform if done well) and Linkedin that I use regularly again, mainly due to lockdown/work, but had a big break from around 18 months or so. I think if I didn't work with it, I would definitely consider a complete (or permanent) break.
I used to work professionally for a well known brand on social media. I enjoyed it whilst I did it for the most part, but I wouldn't want to go back to that sort of work unless I had no other option. I got used to abuse, but it wasn't regular and most of it wasn't personal, so a world away from what footballers and celebs encounter. Forgetting that though, what I really found the worst about social media is how fake it all is. People 'living their best lives' and giving young people the idea that if they don't have a fancy car, big house, look great, then they're basically losers. So much of these people are very fake, and barely scraping a living.
Old 12-04-2021, 01:07 PM
Bring him back!

Latvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is here
Any way of getting my hands on this without muddying my mitts using Am*zon?
Old 12-04-2021, 01:37 PM
old git

pallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is here
Well done Ben good work!!
Old 12-04-2021, 02:54 PM

Archiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolinkins View Post
A lot of you will remember a former BBS regular (and mod!) Benzhiyi. Ben took a break from social media from 1 January 2020 and then decided to go on a journey. He wrote a book about going a year without social media, which for a Facebook and Twitter enthusiast, was quite the shift!

The book covers some Palace content, Wilf's racism battle, the Brighton rivalry and mentions certain former BBSers like Gooders and Sprite.

It is a great read and a lot of great work was put into it by Ben.

The book is released today on Amazon: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Where did he go on this journey?
Old 12-04-2021, 03:24 PM

Little Matt Sam the man is hereLittle Matt Sam the man is hereLittle Matt Sam the man is hereLittle Matt Sam the man is hereLittle Matt Sam the man is hereLittle Matt Sam the man is hereLittle Matt Sam the man is hereLittle Matt Sam the man is hereLittle Matt Sam the man is hereLittle Matt Sam the man is hereLittle Matt Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archiebald Leitch View Post
Where did he go on this journey?
Onto Twitter, but under a different username, according to the prologue.
Old 12-04-2021, 03:54 PM
Captain Fun.

Benzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
So it's basically an addict's story?
Genuinely, yes.

Sincere and heartfelt thanks to those who’ve been supportive. Means a lot - words are powerful tools. See you all in 2024.

http://tinyurl.com/yx6v6y9f
Old 12-04-2021, 04:04 PM

Little Matt Sam the man is hereLittle Matt Sam the man is hereLittle Matt Sam the man is hereLittle Matt Sam the man is hereLittle Matt Sam the man is hereLittle Matt Sam the man is hereLittle Matt Sam the man is hereLittle Matt Sam the man is hereLittle Matt Sam the man is hereLittle Matt Sam the man is hereLittle Matt Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzhiyi View Post
Genuinely, yes.

Sincere and heartfelt thanks to those who’ve been supportive. Means a lot - words are powerful tools. See you all in 2024.
This implies you're taking a further 3 years off social media! Now I have to buy it to find out what happens...
Old 12-04-2021, 04:04 PM
Administrator

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzhiyi View Post
Genuinely, yes.

Is this why we’ve had to do the fantasy baseball draft on WhatsApp since 2017.

FFS
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 12-04-2021, 04:34 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Congratulations Ben