Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 17-03-2021, 06:43 AM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Hasselback potatoes kick the arse out of roast potatoes
Why is this an unpopular opinion ? They are a recent discovery in our house, and I think they are great.
Old 17-03-2021, 06:45 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Born in the USA suffers from the fact it was seized on by the sort of twats Bruce was parodying in the song.
Regardless of what you think of it as a piece of music; or what you think of Springsteen generally, this is a very important point.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 17-03-2021, 06:49 AM

Lingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Whilst we have an opinion amnesty I'd like to say that although Bono is a bit of knob U2 have put on some of the best live shows I've ever seen (along with Springsteen) and I also think The Joshua tree and Auchtung Baby are great albums. There, I've said it.....
Old 17-03-2021, 06:49 AM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by spt1978 View Post
Springsteen is shocking, watching him live was a big mistake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Totally agree. One of the few gigs from which I have left early.
Very surprised at those opinions. I've never seen him live, but have heard universally good reports from those who have (which may not be a representative sample, I will concede). I have also heard very good reports from the pricey gigs he did in a Broadway theatre.
Old 17-03-2021, 06:53 AM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
The Elgin Marbles need to go home!
Old 17-03-2021, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post
Murray Walker (RIP) wasn’t a great commentator.
Now that is contentious, particularly given its timing.

True he made a lot of mistakes, but motorsport makes commentators hostage to fortune. I don't see him as any worse than other commentators, but what he really delivered was the sense of excitement of the sport - a little like Jonathan Pearce in his Capital Gold commentating days, although that may also be a contentious viewpoint.
Old 17-03-2021, 06:56 AM
Hadron Collider

Tennis had as many drug cheats as cycling... and is rubbish.
Old 17-03-2021, 06:59 AM
Hadron Collider

Always beef gravy on chicken..
Old 17-03-2021, 07:01 AM
Hadron Collider

Karun Chandhok is the best F1 Sky presenter by far ... Ted a distant second now!
Old 17-03-2021, 07:03 AM
You looking at me?

Terrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by spt1978 View Post
Springsteen is shocking, watching him live was a big mistake.
I'd heard it said that early UK gigs with the E Street band were fantastic. Is his voice shot now?
Old 17-03-2021, 07:05 AM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Very surprised at those opinions. I've never seen him live, but have heard universally good reports from those who have (which may not be a representative sample, I will concede). I have also heard very good reports from the pricey gigs he did in a Broadway theatre.
People can have off days. I saw a band called the Avett Brothers play in Atlanta and it was one of the best gigs I’ve been to. A year or two later I saw them play Shepherds Bush and left before the encore. They are a really great live band but that night they just weren’t on it.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 17-03-2021, 07:08 AM
You looking at me?

Terrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Born in the USA suffers from the fact it was seized on by the sort of twats Bruce was parodying in the song.
I've honestly never read anywhere else that he is parodying patriotism/patriots. Rather that outlining ex-serviceman are left to rot.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 17-03-2021, 07:12 AM

Sharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is here
Very occasionally I will get a battered sausage from the chippie. Not real meat and full of fat, but tasty nonetheless.
Old 17-03-2021, 07:16 AM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkba1t View Post
Very occasionally I will get a battered sausage from the chippie. Not real meat and full of fat, but tasty nonetheless.
Saveloy ... just wtf goes into these and also never offered in batter?
Old 17-03-2021, 07:42 AM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
All kinds of deliciousness
Old 17-03-2021, 07:43 AM

stange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
I'm in double figures now with Springsteen gigs, but I am a fan, so a degree of bias, but I do think he is fantastic live. However, i appreciate that you sort of have to be reasonably knowledgeable of his music to really get the most out of it - the various crowd cue's, sing alongs, story telling etc.

Just my opinion. Maybe I should have said, Born to Run is overplayed rather than overated?
Old 17-03-2021, 07:44 AM
Since '67

ozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Mystery Bags
Old 17-03-2021, 07:46 AM

stange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Tennis had as many drug cheats as cycling... and is rubbish.
Yes! This - all day long. Look at the Spanish bloke for example - well documented reports of his data being included in the Fuentes files - nothing done. Goes "missing" throughout the low season only to re appear at the majors with a spring in his step. As bad as Armstrong and it just needs someone to blow the whistle.
Old 17-03-2021, 07:46 AM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
Can't get saveloys' up here, we have the equally delicious smoked sausage instead.
Old 17-03-2021, 08:05 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkba1t View Post
When I was young and poor those were my nightly dinner

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ