Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » BBS Forums » User Help and Suggestions

Notices

User Help and Suggestions This is the place to ask questions if you are having problems with the BBS such as logging in.

Old 28-03-2021, 02:08 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Great work guys, many thanks
Old 28-03-2021, 04:08 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieEdwards View Post
Unfortunately we encountered a number of unexpected issues after completing the move to the new platform last night. We tried to work through these but it became clear that we weren't going to be able to get everything sorted quickly so we have reverted to the old host. The few posts made after the move have been lost.

We're continuing the analysis of the problems and we'll re-plan the work for another time. Thanks for your understanding.
Totally understandable, and makes me feel better... I thought I was having a technical break down, and a personal memory failure... a couple of posts post upgrade went missing - thought I was dreaming I posted them.

Plus a password re-set that was not working... today it likes my old (and original) password.

Thanks for all you are doing. It's got to be frustrating.
Old 28-03-2021, 04:13 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post

Thankfully no one will be any the wiser about ExiledStirling's evening with a cucumber, handcuffs and a rather amorous goat called Gerald.
Well that is a load of bollocks...

It is a Yak called Humphrey. Also I lost my handcuffs a while back.

Vision for Bangladesh. Please donate if you can

www.visionforbangladesh.org
Old 28-03-2021, 06:57 PM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
Well that is a load of bollocks...

It is a Yak called Humphrey. Also I lost my handcuffs a while back.
Oh, they're yours....I wondered why my llama was wearing them.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 28-03-2021, 06:58 PM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Only an hour?
I was being kind.

Old 28-03-2021, 11:13 PM
Veteran

JJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is here
I was locked out for a day or so. It signed me out / wouldn't let me log in using the correct password, and told me (on the first attempt) that I'd "exhausted the quota" of attempts so was locked out for 15 minutes. I requested a new password, got that, but then got the same message and still couldn't get in. Cleared the cache and all that crap too. But now today I'm back in and using the old password which still works. Thanks to those that have fixed it!
Old 29-03-2021, 12:01 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
I was locked out for a day or so. It signed me out / wouldn't let me log in using the correct password, and told me (on the first attempt) that I'd "exhausted the quota" of attempts so was locked out for 15 minutes. I requested a new password, got that, but then got the same message and still couldn't get in. Cleared the cache and all that crap too. But now today I'm back in and using the old password which still works. Thanks to those that have fixed it!
Ditto... see my post #62 above.

I suspect only us around in the night (UK time) tripped up on this.
Old 29-03-2021, 12:11 AM

Louis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
(re. me thinking it's faster)

OK, I didn't see Eddie's post about reverting to the old host

Actually it still seems faster than before for some reason. Could be other factors I suppose.
Old 29-03-2021, 06:46 AM
AWM V 42 124,125

Brummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is here
From what I've experienced and some of you that got logged out and unable to get back in, I suggest when we try again to move servers, which may be this week, that we all assume that we know our login details and they won't change on the new server so don't request a new password just wait until your current one works.

Old 29-03-2021, 07:48 AM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brummie Allan View Post
From what I've experienced and some of you that got logged out and unable to get back in, I suggest when we try again to move servers, which may be this week, that we all assume that we know our login details and they won't change on the new server so don't request a new password just wait until your current one works.
The thing it taught me is my original Email when signing up i have no idea. Certainly not my current one. Anyway of changing it..
Old 29-03-2021, 08:05 AM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Herts Eagle View Post
The thing it taught me is my original Email when signing up i have no idea. Certainly not my current one. Anyway of changing it..
Yes.

Go to user control panel. About halfway down on the left is “edit email and password”
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 29-03-2021, 08:06 AM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Yes.

Go to user control panel. About halfway down on the left is “edit email and password”
Thank You...
Old 29-03-2021, 08:53 AM
Administrator

EddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is here
The reasons for the lockouts are known and this should not happen again next time. However, everyone will need to log back in after the move so you are all advised to ensure that you know your password and that the email address on your account is up to date.
Old 29-03-2021, 01:38 PM
Old School BBS

I would like to offer my services to all concerned for this update, you may do with me what you wish for 30 minutes.

Old 29-03-2021, 01:48 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
The reasons for the lockouts are known and this should not happen again next time. However, everyone will need to log back in after the move so you are all advised to ensure that you know your password and that the email address on your account is up to date.
I know my email address is correct because I got a recent email notification but before realising that while looking around I couldn’t actually see anywhere to change my email address. Just flagging it in case it impacts others. Maybe I am missing something, it wouldn’t be the first time

EDIT -scratch that- its in the 'edit your details section' - who would have thought huh must be blind.... -I went to my profile bit and hadn't realised it was in the main user cp bit' soz

Last edited by Martin H; 29-03-2021 at 02:12 PM.
Old 29-03-2021, 02:18 PM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brummie Allan View Post
Good advice Al... I leaned my lesson!
Old 29-03-2021, 03:05 PM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
We ought to put that out as an announcement. Otherwise only people in here will read it!
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 29-03-2021, 04:59 PM
Administrator

EddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
We ought to put that out as an announcement. Otherwise only people in here will read it!
Yes, good idea. We can include that info in the announcement this time.
Old 30-03-2021, 11:20 AM
Administrator

The move is now re-planned for Friday 2nd April starting at 7am BST. Downtime is expected to be for 1-2 hours.
Old 30-03-2021, 11:26 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Big shout out for Eddie !

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ