Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 25-11-2021, 05:56 AM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Achiever seems like an awful lot of a stretch. What’s he achieved? I went on his own website and I am still struggling to see anything I would count as an achievement.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 25-11-2021, 06:03 AM

Johnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hong Kong Eagle View Post
Not a bad call
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackstacks View Post
Can't stand the man
It's a rich tapestry
Old 25-11-2021, 09:00 AM

nicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
It’s a tough one. Do you want a PM who is only in it for himself, or someone who is thick as mince, but less self interested (because frankly anyone and everyone is less self interested).
BJ is lazy and vain. Terrible in a pandemic where decisive unpopular action is needed. But good in normal life where you want a shitty government to achieve as little of its shitty goals as possible
Old 25-11-2021, 09:20 AM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Achiever seems like an awful lot of a stretch. Whatís he achieved? I went on his own website and I am still struggling to see anything I would count as an achievement.
Avoiding EU new tax haven rules for the ultra rich?
Old 25-11-2021, 09:24 AM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post
The EU tax haven list always makes me smile. Firstly it is exceptionally short. Secondly they have three member states who are as tax haveny as it is possible to be.

If you want to see how silly it is, write a list of places you think are tax havens. Then compare it to this. American Samoa, Fiji, Guam, Palau, Panama, Samoa, Trinidad and Tobago, US Virgin Islands, Vanuatu. If you have more than one on your list, I’ll be impressed, if you have more than two I’ll be astonished.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 25-11-2021, 09:52 AM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
The EU tax haven list always makes me smile. Firstly it is exceptionally short. Secondly they have three member states who are as tax haveny as it is possible to be.

If you want to see how silly it is, write a list of places you think are tax havens. Then compare it to this. American Samoa, Fiji, Guam, Palau, Panama, Samoa, Trinidad and Tobago, US Virgin Islands, Vanuatu. If you have more than one on your list, Iíll be impressed, if you have more than two Iíll be astonished.
Before I go to the trouble of compiling a list, how many tax havens are necessary to avoid companies and individuals using them to avoid the revenue that the UK could obtain benefit? If only one single haven was available to all, then that is surely good enough.
Old 25-11-2021, 11:15 AM
Ichiro!

Quote:
Before I go to the trouble of compiling a list, how many tax havens are necessary to avoid companies and individuals using them to avoid the revenue that the UK could obtain benefit? If only one single haven was available to all, then that is surely good enough.
For companies it is incredibly hard to do. The Uk has a myriad of different laws for this and has been at the forefront of anti-avoidance for at least a decade. For individuals no idea, not a space I play in.
Old 25-11-2021, 05:10 PM

Lama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pidster View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Serious question - is it a rule with legal status, or is it a request of the sort that all supermarkets have on their doors and which many shoppers ignore. Or is it something else?
Old 25-11-2021, 09:55 PM
Setting sail.

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Quote:

If you want to see how silly it is, write a list of places you think are tax havens. Then compare it to this. American Samoa, Fiji, Guam, Palau, Panama, Samoa, Trinidad and Tobago, US Virgin Islands, Vanuatu. If you have more than one on your list, I’ll be impressed, if you have more than two I’ll be astonished.

When did TnT become a tax haven? No one told me when I lived there.

I mean not that I paid any tax of note but I'm from South London so what do you expect.
Old 25-11-2021, 10:04 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lama View Post
Serious question - is it a rule with legal status, or is it a request of the sort that all supermarkets have on their doors and which many shoppers ignore. Or is it something else?
Serious answer - itís not very intelligent to compare the close confines of a theatre to a supermarket.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 25-11-2021, 10:13 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Ask Amazon. They declare over 40bn euros of sales in Luxembourg. Those half million citizens there must like their internet shopping.
Old 26-11-2021, 05:54 AM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Nearly 2 years and youíre still crying youíre little heart out about it.

Imagine that.

I will remind you, have no doubts. You wanted it, you voted for him, you live with it. I shall stay in my third world country, gently mocking the northern blue wall.

Wide open, from the crotch to the knee.

Its got a bit of Labrador shit in it too.
Old 26-11-2021, 06:03 AM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
ĎMyí leader? Do you mean the Conservative leader?
Yes, your leader. As Prime Minister, they would be your leader.

Wide open, from the crotch to the knee.

Its got a bit of Labrador shit in it too.
Old 26-11-2021, 08:58 AM
Lifeís too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus mickus View Post
I will remind you, have no doubts. You wanted it, you voted for him, you live with it. I shall stay in my third world country, gently mocking the northern blue wall.
What is this nonsense Michael? Remind me about what? I know Iím getting older but my memory is perfectly good thanks.
Old 26-11-2021, 09:33 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Ask Amazon. They declare over 40bn euros of sales in Luxembourg. Those half million citizens there must like their internet shopping.
Your implication is that companies shouldn't export or have a physical presence abroad, but instead should set up a local legal entity in every country they operate. Do you really mean that? And do you mean a company should be taxed on sales revenue or profit? They are two very different things. As soon as you say a Luxembourg company's revenues (or profits) arising from the UK should be taxed in the UK, you are also saying a UK company's revenues (or profits) arising from Luxembourg should be taxed in Luxembourg.

My employer has revenue of about £1.5bn; in a decent year roughly of that 5% is profit (10% would be smashing it out of the park), and almost none of that - revenue or profit - arises from the UK. Should we not pay tax to the UK government, but instead to scores of governments around the world?
Old 26-11-2021, 09:37 AM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
They do have a shop in bluewater you know

That should cover the tax and all that nonsense about online trading

Old 26-11-2021, 10:26 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Serious answer - it is not a rule with legal status, but don't you think the Prime Minister should follow his own government's advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gov.uk
You are expected and recommended to continue wearing a face covering in crowded and enclosed spaces where you come into contact with people you donít usually meet.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 26-11-2021, 03:15 PM

Lama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
Serious answer - it is not a rule with legal status, but don't you think the Prime Minister should follow his own government's advice?
Yes - I do. I also think that 'advice' should not be presented as 'rules' - not even to make a tedious political point.
Old 26-11-2021, 03:22 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yes - I do. I also think that 'advice' should not be presented as 'rules' - not even to make a tedious political point.
you are the expert in making tedious points.

SaulAlinsky