Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old Yesterday, 10:50 AM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizarro View Post
Branston beans are probably my favourite, i do quite like Aldi's which are a lot cheaper and have a ring pull. Biggest disappointment though is heinz which i always used to love but are too watery now.
I will go with that. I used to be a baked bean 'snob' - Heinz or nothing, but they are now well down the list.

As you say, Branston are probably the best, followed by many own labels. Heinz are among the worst and particularly flavourless; they need a good slug of Worcester Sauce. The lower salt ones are particularly bad. Now, I realise salt is bad for you, but used properly it is a great flavour-enhancer. Probably cost-cutting recipe changes - these conglomorates need the money. They need bean-tasters, not bean-counters.
Old Yesterday, 11:00 AM

CamberleyEagle Sam the man is hereCamberleyEagle Sam the man is hereCamberleyEagle Sam the man is hereCamberleyEagle Sam the man is hereCamberleyEagle Sam the man is hereCamberleyEagle Sam the man is hereCamberleyEagle Sam the man is hereCamberleyEagle Sam the man is hereCamberleyEagle Sam the man is hereCamberleyEagle Sam the man is hereCamberleyEagle Sam the man is here
Sometimes they'll put a slightly blurry photo up with a football headline like 'goal of the season contender at Leeds' and I click on it and it's a lady scuffing a shot from 30 yards that dribbles under the keeper. I still fall for it occasionally but they're all clicks as far as the BBC is concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
The womenís football results and headlines on the beeb website taking priority over the Championship and other lower leagues.

I get theyíre trying to raise the womenís game profile and I think thatís great; but does it have to be so manufactured and take precedence over hugely more popular leagues? Itís like some kid has taken over the editorial of the bbc football pages and sticking in his his own Sunday league results and gossip in the middle of the main headlines.
Old Yesterday, 11:26 AM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by davech View Post
I will go with that. I used to be a baked bean 'snob' - Heinz or nothing, but they are now well down the list.

As you say, Branston are probably the best, followed by many own labels. Heinz are among the worst and particularly flavourless; they need a good slug of Worcester Sauce. The lower salt ones are particularly bad. Now, I realise salt is bad for you, but used properly it is a great flavour-enhancer. Probably cost-cutting recipe changes - these conglomorates need the money. They need bean-tasters, not bean-counters.
Heinz, with a slug of milk or red wine.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old Yesterday, 05:05 PM

cantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is here
Quote:
The womenís football results and headlines on the beeb website taking priority over the Championship and other lower leagues.

I get theyíre trying to raise the womenís game profile and I think thatís great; but does it have to be so manufactured and take precedence over hugely more popular leagues? Itís like some kid has taken over the editorial of the bbc football pages and sticking in his his own Sunday league results and gossip in the middle of the main headlines.
from the BBC website to illustrate your point

Rachel Furness - Northern Ireland's leading women's scorer of all time - surpassed David Healy's men's record of 36 goals

This was also mentioned on 5 live with women's and men's omitted.

They are 2 seperate and didtinct records.
Old Yesterday, 05:27 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Cyclists wearing headphones/ear buds. Are they f*cking mad?
Old Yesterday, 05:36 PM

Panther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Not to mention being dressed in black/dark grey to merge into the tarmac.
Old Yesterday, 05:37 PM
Stick with Dowie. Oh dear

Wright+Bright came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWright+Bright came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWright+Bright came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWright+Bright came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWright+Bright came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWright+Bright came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWright+Bright came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWright+Bright came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWright+Bright came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWright+Bright came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWright+Bright came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I do actually wear earbuds when doing long cycles, but only to listen to navigations, not for music etc. as I think itís safer than looking down at a screen, and would never wear noise cancelling earbuds.

Is that acceptable?
Old Yesterday, 07:31 PM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
Not to mention being dressed in black/dark grey to merge into the tarmac.
Its almost as if they enjoy being victims....mind you, Im sure car drivers do it too so thats ok.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old Yesterday, 10:11 PM
old git

pallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is here
Getting sent an enail.with supposely tech help when i clicked on the link it was basically turn it on and off
Old Yesterday, 11:24 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Kevin ******* Friend
Old Today, 12:14 AM
Lifeís too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
People blaming the ref for us losing when we concede a clear penalty in stoppage time and our ‘striker’ misses from 3 yards.

Bizarre
Old Today, 01:27 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:

yep. You risk being labelled a dinosaur for saying it on here though. Some here like the female game. Others try too hard to come across as ......... insert term here. it's just shite football that needs to return to its oddity status. Doncaster belles and Gregory's Girl.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old Today, 01:45 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
yep. You risk being labelled a dinosaur for saying it on here though. Some here like the female game. Others try too hard to come across as ......... insert term here. it's just shite football that needs to return to its oddity status. Doncaster belles and Gregory's Girl.
I donít think itís rubbish, but I do think that at the moment it has no place to be as prominent as it is within the media. Itís a bit of a slap in the face of the menís lower league game that operates at a very high level, with more support than any lower leagues anywhere in the world; and yet their media time and visibility has been reduced to make way for grossly less popular and inferior quality womenís leagues.

Itís hard to say it because I do actually love the fact that were seeing so many young girls playing football now. I was over the park a while back and saw a group of teenage girls just having an informal kick about like we all did growing up, and just thought it was brilliant to see. Obviously I didnít watch too long or else I may have got arrested.

Supporting Katerina https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-..._co_campmgmt_m
Old Today, 01:50 PM
Glad All Over Forever

Stockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is here
CPFC media team posting all over social media and emailing me to remind me we got beaten by a 94th minute penalty last night.

I ****** know
Old Today, 01:56 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
I donít think itís rubbish, but I do think that at the moment it has no place to be as prominent as it is within the media. Itís a bit of a slap in the face of the menís lower league game that operates at a very high level, with more support than any lower leagues anywhere in the world; and yet their media time and visibility has been reduced to make way for grossly less popular and inferior quality womenís leagues.

Itís hard to say it because I do actually love the fact that were seeing so many young girls playing football now. I was over the park a while back and saw a group of teenage girls just having an informal kick about like we all did growing up, and just thought it was brilliant to see. Obviously I didnít watch too long or else I may have got arrested.
Agree with this and as for your previous Yoof Opportunites Interm comment I COMPLETLY agree. I hated at the World cup with all the Smilies and emoticons they added to all the videos. I really really really wanted to dangle them from the top floor of the BBC centre and demand they NEVER do it again.

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018