Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion Questions to CPFC2010

Notices

Questions to CPFC2010 Archive of questions previously answered by the club

Old 27-08-2014, 10:59 PM

W Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The news was a huge surprise to most of us and I can understand some people being disappointed about the appointment. I like Warnock, but he wouldn't have been my first, second or even third choice. However, we're still Palace, Neil Warnock is our manager and that isn't going to change for now. If we want Palace to win games, we have to get behind NW, like him or not. I just hope those who have been really badly affected and are thinking of not following the club any more will think again and come back soon. We need to stick together to keep the club in the Premier League and have more incredible seasons like the last one. COYP
Old 27-08-2014, 10:59 PM

LLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARZET EAGLE View Post
Your opinion based on gut feeling not fact.
well its certainly not a long term appointment with a view to the manager being here for a few years building a squad of players
Old 27-08-2014, 11:00 PM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglandEagle View Post
Oh excuse me for having a different opinion. I don't remember this level of reaction for a previous appointment. But we all must be wrong and crap fans.
Not all mate , just some .
Old 27-08-2014, 11:02 PM
aka Chopper

steveholmesdale : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesteveholmesdale : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesteveholmesdale : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesteveholmesdale : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesteveholmesdale : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesteveholmesdale : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesteveholmesdale : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesteveholmesdale : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesteveholmesdale : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesteveholmesdale : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesteveholmesdale : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
football a game of opinions eh, some right and some wrong and some somewhere in between,
One thing that seems to be fairly evident, the game of football is results driven and if we do ok then most will come round, and if we don't those that are not happy will get there wish and say told yer
The club we support ultimately make the decisions that steer the club in what we all hope is the right direction, quite funny really four years on and in the prem and still certain decisions seem to incite mutiny
As I have heard before you cant please all of the people all of the time
If the club sifted through every single item that is posted then no agreement would ever be made because you would never have 100% agreement from all the fans and the club would just drift on aimlessly
Welcome back NW and good bloody luck
Old 27-08-2014, 11:03 PM
4 Palace Fans

CPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE View Post
well its certainly not a long term appointment with a view to the manager being here for a few years building a squad of players
I hope you get my point that it is very hard for clubs to plan for the future as so often, when they are successful, managers move on anyway. Steve Bruce here for example. I think that, in an ideal world, we'd love to appoint a hungry young manager and give him time and money to build up a team, but you have to be pragmatic and the situation where we find ourselves right now requires as little disruption as possible. We have a great team spirit and some excellent players and you don't want to dismantle that and start again from scratch, more fine tune what we have already with a manager who's not got radically different ideas from the last one. I hope you agree with the reasoning behind that. Today's appointment is a very sensible one IMHO.

burgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010 View Post
Yep that's exactly what happened when TP was announced. Who knows? You could be right but let's hope not. Ultimately we gave to make a decision and we do it with the best intentions after reviewing all candidates and taking advice from hundreds of people. If we screwed up it's cost the 4 of us more than anyone else isn't it?
I truly, truly hope i am wrong, Steve.
And if I am, I will come on here and apologies to you and the board.
But im sure you would rather people speak there mind than blow smoke up your arse.
South London and proud

croydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgess hill 84 View Post
Do you want to take your tongue out of Steve's arse?
I'll reserve judgement for a few weeks before making a judgement. Having seen mackay's reputation explode and Sherwood withdraw from a job he wasn't even offered, I think we'd have dropped a massive bollocksl employing either. So who else was out there that would have gained mass approval from fans ? Warnock wasn't my first choice but I can see sense in his appointment.

I'd suggest you remove your head out of your own arse

Last edited by croydonexile; 27-08-2014 at 11:05 PM.
Old 27-08-2014, 11:04 PM

Naboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I trust the judgement of cpfc2010 in appointing a new manager after all the excellent things they have achieved with this club. As soon as an appointment is made I get behind it as I support the club and the individuals that work for it. There is a general theme on here in that the ones that shout loudest and moan the most are the ones that never go to games. I hope Steve knows they don't represent the true majority. One thing is for sure is that we are in for another exciting season. Up the palace!!
Old 27-08-2014, 11:05 PM
Question!

AJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Trouble with doing that Steve is they piss off up north for a quick buck when they've won a few games.

Now repeat after me "I AM FREE".
Old 27-08-2014, 11:05 PM
Official Sponsor - oh :(

Barbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglandEagle View Post
Watched too many games under him that were poor where we looked like headless chickens hoping for something to happen rather than making it happen. Can't stand watching us launch the ball hopelessly up field and don't believe he has done anything to show he is tactically capable. Think he buys shit players and doesn't have a track record of buying the quality of players that will improve us, which worries me that we will end up with expensive purchases of Championship quality.
Different team, different mentality.

Didn't you think that when Pulis was announced? I certainly did and was pleasantly surprised.
Old 27-08-2014, 11:06 PM

L'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Trouble with doing that Steve is they piss off up north for a quick buck when they've won a few games.

R.I.P. LLCOOLSTEVE

Gathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Or they stay, get a free trip to Brazil, Austria, USA and Germany then leave.
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Steve, appreciate the PM there, can't seem to reply though..?
Old 27-08-2014, 11:07 PM

LLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is here
Quote:
You really think thats a sensible thing to post about someone you claim to still be friendly with?

Hows that chip on your shoulder ? cause thats how its coming across by posting that

And well done on trying to take the attention away from what was reasonable point

Shown your true colours there
Old 27-08-2014, 11:08 PM
Gabor's pyjama washer

Steamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is here
Quote:
I sense a Froch-Groves 2 coming on.

Actually, that would be a great idea...end of season, charity boxing match. Steve v Steve. Far better than buckets of ice.
Old 27-08-2014, 11:08 PM
4 Palace Fans

CPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgess hill 84 View Post
I truly, truly hope i am wrong, Steve.
And if I am, I will come on here and apologies to you and the board.
But im sure you would rather people speak there mind than blow smoke up your arse.
It's all about opinions and good on you for speaking your mind.

So far we have managed to get lucky every time and have done nothing but progress since we bought the club. One day we'll probably screw up but so far so good so trust us again on this one.

If this was the wrong choice the pints are on me at Doncaster away next season.
Old 27-08-2014, 11:09 PM
Anything from Milan?

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara4003 View Post
Didn't you think that when Pulis was announced? I certainly did and was pleasantly surprised.
Very different track records with regards to survival in the PL though Barbara.

Time will tell but I am fearful.
Old 27-08-2014, 11:11 PM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
Sweet Jesus. There are some ******* miserable ***** on the BBS at the moment.
Old 27-08-2014, 11:11 PM
Official Sponsor - oh :(

Barbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by spt1978 View Post
Very different track records with regards to survival in the PL though Barbara.

Time will tell but I am fearful.
But he was talking about style of play.
Old 27-08-2014, 11:12 PM

L'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Sweet Jesus. There are some ******* miserable ***** on the BBS at the moment.
Not a bad way to announce that you've logged in