Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 05-12-2021, 09:24 AM

The12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for you
Retro Gaming:

Just wondered if anyone plays retro games or has any favourites?

I’m still playing the Xbox 360 which is almost retro now but aside from that I picked up a handheld console that emulates lots of retro consoles and recently played the old green screen gameboy games super Mario land, super Mario 6 golden coins, adventure island and I’m on the original final fantasy. All great fun.
Old 05-12-2021, 09:29 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
I got the mini snes a few years back and regularly fire it up for a play. Some great games.
Old 05-12-2021, 10:22 AM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
I.play Monopoly now and then.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 05-12-2021, 10:23 AM

Skid Row came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkid Row came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkid Row came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkid Row came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkid Row came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkid Row came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkid Row came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkid Row came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkid Row came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkid Row came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkid Row came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I bought an Atari a few years ago, the one that comes with quite a few games on it. Only really bought it for H.E.R.O. Hardly play it.

I also have a C64 and Amiga 500 emulator. Wish I had of kept the originals.
Old 05-12-2021, 10:30 AM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
We got the ZX Spectrum gaming box a few Christmases back... hundreds of the original games including Jet Set Willy and whatnot. The crapness of it blew the kids' minds.

Unfortunately the package did not include Daley Thompson's Decathlon which was always my favourite.
Old 05-12-2021, 12:00 PM

Kipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is here
Loads of options on Nintendo Switch. I think I'm having less patience for retro games though. So many good modern offerings.

Can't ever go wrong with the Final Fantasy series. Not as good as they used to be though.
Old 05-12-2021, 12:54 PM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
Don’t do it. The games will never be as good as your memories, especially stuff from the 80s like Speccy stuff. Just watch videos, read the old magazines etc and don’t waste your time/money trying to play them!
Old 05-12-2021, 12:55 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Metal Gear Solid still holds up well.

Breathin deep, breathin easy...

Didn’t vote for a Brexit.
Old 05-12-2021, 01:31 PM

The12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
I got the mini snes a few years back and regularly fire it up for a play. Some great games.
Street Fighter, Super Mario World, Zelda, Donkey Kong Country and Zombies Ate My Neighbours were all great.
Old 05-12-2021, 04:49 PM
Lt. Columbo's no. 1 fan

dweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
With few exceptions I really don't play anything other than PS1 and PS2 games these days.
Old 05-12-2021, 05:14 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
I’m playing the Castelvania collection at the moment, which is games from the Nes, SNES, gameboy and mega drive. Great franchise, lots of these games are timeless. Though nothing yet which matches the quality of Portrait of Ruin on the DS.
Old 05-12-2021, 05:20 PM

averity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Bubble bobble, twisted metal, bust and move, paperboy, super smash tv!
Old 05-12-2021, 05:26 PM

greybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopKnot View Post
Don’t do it. The games will never be as good as your memories, especially stuff from the 80s like Speccy stuff. Just watch videos, read the old magazines etc and don’t waste your time/money trying to play them!
Disagree with this.

Medal of honour still one of the best war games for me and Modern Warfare best of the call of duty franchise.

Super mario kart multiplayer on the snes is just as fun as Rocket League or any modern arcade racing game.

I'm a big fan of older F1 racing games and enjoy playing Grand Prix 4 which was made in 2002 over any of the modern day codemaster F1 games. The AI of the cars you race is just so much better than anything done in the last 20 years.

Gameplay over modern day graphics for me.

https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-katerina
Old 05-12-2021, 05:28 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Super Smash Bros Melee is an example of timeless gameplay which hasn’t been matched since by more powerful, high budget sequels. 20 years since it was released, and the community is still huge.
Old 05-12-2021, 05:45 PM

greybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is here
Can find a fair few communities that still play classics. I was playing Gran Turismo 5 on PS3 up until recently because it's still so much fun and a community made their own server for it once PS3 shut theirs down.

Old 05-12-2021, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybot View Post
Can find a fair few communities that still play classics. I was playing Gran Turismo 5 on PS3 up until recently because it's still so much fun and a community made their own server for it once PS3 shut theirs down.
Really showing my age here, but the exact same happened for the fourth generation of Pokemon games, which came out in 2006. Extra impressive on a console as limited as the DS.
Old 05-12-2021, 06:32 PM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by greybot View Post
Disagree with this.

Medal of honour still one of the best war games for me and Modern Warfare best of the call of duty franchise.

Super mario kart multiplayer on the snes is just as fun as Rocket League or any modern arcade racing game.

I'm a big fan of older F1 racing games and enjoy playing Grand Prix 4 which was made in 2002 over any of the modern day codemaster F1 games. The AI of the cars you race is just so much better than anything done in the last 20 years.

Gameplay over modern day graphics for me.
I meant the really old games, to me PS3 era games are older games as opposed to retro. The 16-bit era had a few games that still bear up today, but for 8-bit and earlier (NES, Spectrum etc), if you can play any of those games for more than 10 mins then you’re a better man than I am…

Things like Manic Miner were classics of their time but try playing it now…jeeeeeez it is hard work.
Old 05-12-2021, 10:23 PM
its true we're red'n'blue

disco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm getting well into my retro games
Rose tinted specs etc but they so much fun , and quick pick up n play
The fact u can download for free & play within minutes is big plus to
Getting right into shoot em ups (shmups) from the arcades, missed most of em first time round
Ton of fun
And arcade racers to, ridge racer , flat out, outrun 2 etc , can play there games allday, wipeout wow just put on Spotify in background for all the classic tracks , GTA to as new releases missing some classics!
Old 06-12-2021, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopKnot View Post
I meant the really old games, to me PS3 era games are older games as opposed to retro. The 16-bit era had a few games that still bear up today, but for 8-bit and earlier (NES, Spectrum etc), if you can play any of those games for more than 10 mins then you’re a better man than I am…

Things like Manic Miner were classics of their time but try playing it now…jeeeeeez it is hard work.
That's fair. PS3 probably still not old enough to be considered proper retro. I'd struggle with 8-bit too. Did complete Sonic 1 and 2 on the mega drive last year during lockdown and found it as fun as when I was a kid. Aladdin good fun too.

I have an Xbox 360 just for Oblivion. Still love that game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The12thman View Post
Just wondered if anyone plays retro games or has any favourites?

I’m still playing the Xbox 360 which is almost retro now but aside from that I picked up a handheld console that emulates lots of retro consoles and recently played the old green screen gameboy games super Mario land, super Mario 6 golden coins, adventure island and I’m on the original final fantasy. All great fun.
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins is a classic. Could never complete the last level when you enter Warios castle as a kid. Still very tricky as an adult.

Last edited by greybot; 06-12-2021 at 04:22 PM.
Old 06-12-2021, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
I’m playing the Castelvania collection at the moment, which is games from the Nes, SNES, gameboy and mega drive. Great franchise, lots of these games are timeless. Though nothing yet which matches the quality of Portrait of Ruin on the DS.
I’ve never played any of the series but will have a look at some point as lots are highly rated.