Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 06-12-2021, 01:45 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Sky Q and Booster Box

Iíve just upgraded to Sky Q (not a Sky broadband user) and was advised by the engineer that we needed a booster between the main box and the mini due to range issues (he said it was to be be on the safe side as it was borderline). All was fine for a couple of days but now the booster wonít connect to the Sky main box? This doesnít seem to be an issue as the Mini seems to reach the main box fine - my understanding is that the boxes use a separate direct Wi-Fi mesh to the main BT one around the house, but multiple resets etc arenít getting the booster connected.

Anyone else experienced this issue? It seems pointless to even use the booster if itís not necessary?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 06-12-2021, 01:56 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post
Iíve just upgraded to Sky Q (not a Sky broadband user) and was advised by the engineer that we needed a booster between the main box and the mini due to range issues (he said it was to be be on the safe side as it was borderline). All was fine for a couple of days but now the booster wonít connect to the Sky main box? This doesnít seem to be an issue as the Mini seems to reach the main box fine - my understanding is that the boxes use a separate direct Wi-Fi mesh to the main BT one around the house, but multiple resets etc arenít getting the booster connected.

Anyone else experienced this issue? It seems pointless to even use the booster if itís not necessary?
Point of clarity (despite what some may say) it's not a booster box, it's a repeater box and any wifi repeater will lose signal both over distance and with the number of repeaters in place.

Also depends on what your original speed at the router is - mine is about 75Mbps (copper wires, no cable option here).

I've had Sky back a number of times to get it set up correctly and am fed up of the number of times I've had people on the phone say 'you've too many things connected', which is untrue. When an engineer comes round, they're mostly sensible and can sort problems that the call centre people have said cannot be done.

For a Sky customer, a repeater box costs £9.99 to send and belongs to Sky.
Old 06-12-2021, 02:25 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillo View Post
Point of clarity (despite what some may say) it's not a booster box, it's a repeater box and any wifi repeater will lose signal both over distance and with the number of repeaters in place.

Also depends on what your original speed at the router is - mine is about 75Mbps (copper wires, no cable option here).

I've had Sky back a number of times to get it set up correctly and am fed up of the number of times I've had people on the phone say 'you've too many things connected', which is untrue. When an engineer comes round, they're mostly sensible and can sort problems that the call centre people have said cannot be done.

For a Sky customer, a repeater box costs £9.99 to send and belongs to Sky.
I think we may be talking about different things. This is not related to my in house BT bb/Wi-Fi, that is fine, the two Q boxes and the booster/repeater and everything else all use that with no issues. The white box booster/repeater only doesn’t connect to the dedicated Wi-Fi generated by the main Q box that links the Q boxes together. But at the moment it seems irrelevant as the two boxes link fine anyway.

Old 07-12-2021, 09:48 AM

OneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Yeah, booster is just needed to bring the metics down. To reset the booster, hold down the reset button until the red light flashes green. When the 2 green lights are on, press the wps button on the side until it flashes orange. Go to the main box and press the same button until it flashes orange and it will connect.

Message me your viewing card number and i will have a look for you
Old 07-12-2021, 10:14 AM
Watching from Warmington

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSize View Post
Yeah, booster is just needed to bring the metics down. To reset the booster, hold down the reset button until the red light flashes green. When the 2 green lights are on, press the wps button on the side until it flashes orange. Go to the main box and press the same button until it flashes orange and it will connect.

Message me your viewing card number and i will have a look for you
Hi - it seems to have sorted itself now - although I did the WPS stuff several times to no avail. We are having local issues in the village with BT broadband (to the house) at the moment as well which doesn't help. It is going down sporadically around 6/7 in the evening regularly (not just us, other users as well).