Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 04-04-2019, 12:22 PM

woody44z is playing for a contract
Favourite retro Palace kits

Hi guys. What's everyone's favourite old kit? Love some of the 90s ones...
Old 20-11-2021, 01:18 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Not sure what’s happened, but I’ve suddenly become obsessed in buying old Palace shirts that I like. Obviously as a kid from the late 70’s to early 90’s, I’d buy pretty much every kit, but apart from the odd one here and there, stopped into adulthood.

Just bought the 78/79 white sash, which was the very first Palace top I wore as a 6 year old, way back when it came out. I know I’m biased, but as a club, we’ve actually had some of the coolest designs of any club in the country I’d say. Some of the claret and blue kits are things of beauty too.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Supporting Katerina https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-..._co_campmgmt_m
Old 20-11-2021, 01:53 PM

ceeby Sam the man is hereceeby Sam the man is hereceeby Sam the man is hereceeby Sam the man is hereceeby Sam the man is hereceeby Sam the man is hereceeby Sam the man is hereceeby Sam the man is hereceeby Sam the man is hereceeby Sam the man is hereceeby Sam the man is here
Love the red and blue stripes, but I am probably similar a similar vintage to Bubbs, so that '78/'79 sash kit is my favourite too
Old 20-11-2021, 01:53 PM

ceeby Sam the man is hereceeby Sam the man is hereceeby Sam the man is hereceeby Sam the man is hereceeby Sam the man is hereceeby Sam the man is hereceeby Sam the man is hereceeby Sam the man is hereceeby Sam the man is hereceeby Sam the man is hereceeby Sam the man is here
Forgot to mention, the shop brought ones back then were like sandpaper, so itchy, nothing like the silky ones the players wore
Old 20-11-2021, 03:12 PM

David Giles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Giles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Giles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Giles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Giles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Giles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Giles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Giles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Giles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Giles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Giles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
My favourites were the Adidas sash from 1981-83 and the blue away Adidas kit from the same time with the single red sash. I bought that for a fortune and wore it to the 2016 cup final.
Old 20-11-2021, 08:13 PM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
When talking about football kits that you like it's compulsory to use the phrase 'thing of beauty' it seems.

I think I'd still pick our Hummel 84 to 87 kit as my favourite. Somewhat overlooked I feel. Like silk pyjamas.
Old 20-11-2021, 08:20 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipe View Post
When talking about football kits that you like it's compulsory to use the phrase 'thing of beauty' it seems.

I think I'd still pick our Hummel 84 to 87 kit as my favourite. Somewhat overlooked I feel. Like silk pyjamas.
It was nice but poorly made. Again another scratchy one like the admiral sash, and the Hummel badge didn’t take too many washes to fall off. I always got the tops back then almost as soon as they arrived in the club shop - which was normally about October time. Not long after I visited Mitcham training ground to watch the lads train. My replica top got a lot of attention from a few of the players when I got their autographs afterwards, as they commented on the differences between it and the ones they wore.

Old 21-11-2021, 02:32 PM

wrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is here
I liked the admiral kit sansom era yellow with the two black stripes on front
Old 22-11-2021, 02:56 AM
Veteran

JJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightchipvcfc View Post
I liked the admiral kit sansom era yellow with the two black stripes on front
Unfortunately also worn by Spurs. Which was also fortunate as it happens, because when I couldn't get the Palace version, we got the Spurs one, scraped the badge off, and sewed the Palace badge on over it.
Old 22-11-2021, 03:05 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
Unfortunately also worn by Spurs. Which was also fortunate as it happens, because when I couldn't get the Palace version, we got the Spurs one, scraped the badge off, and sewed the Palace badge on over it.
Didn't Spurs have navy blue bits and ours black bits?
Old 22-11-2021, 08:23 AM
Veteran

JJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is here
Pretty sure it was black.
Old 22-11-2021, 11:16 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Spurs was definitely blue.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 22-11-2021, 11:26 AM
Veteran

That's definitely not the one I had. The Spurs badge was smaller, not embroidered, and don't recall it having the Admiral signs on the collar.
Old 22-11-2021, 11:43 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
That's definitely not the one I had. The Spurs badge was smaller, not embroidered, and don't recall it having the Admiral signs on the collar.
Player shirts were never the same as replicas
Old 22-11-2021, 11:44 AM

I don’t recall many fans wearing that 78-80 yellow away. Was it actually officially on sale?

Old 22-11-2021, 11:47 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
It probably wasn't genuine, then. Here's a pic from the time - harder to see the shade, but you can see the admiral signs on the collar.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 22-11-2021, 11:48 AM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
I thought it was pretty horrible, not that I could have convinced my mum to get me an away shirt, anyway. She complained enough about the way Palace changed the home kit every year.
Old 22-11-2021, 12:24 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
The yellow and black admiral one from the late 70s was never sold as a replica back in the day.

Nicky Chattertons old one (ie his playing shirt) surfaced at a Trust auction in about 2000 and it was pretty tiny!

There was a replica made of it, in heavy cotton about 15 years ago and it looked pretty shocking - heavy material, not the shiny stuff, wrong club badge and collar without the admiral logo

You'd like to think it would be in the running for the next club shop retro remake?

That or of course the first Palace 'Brazil' shirt (Tulip)
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 22-11-2021, 12:30 PM

Stats74 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowStats74 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowStats74 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowStats74 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowStats74 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowStats74 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowStats74 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowStats74 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowStats74 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowStats74 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowStats74 will cross the room to turn the lights down low
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
The yellow and black admiral one from the late 70s was never sold as a replica back in the day.

Nicky Chattertons old one (ie his playing shirt) surfaced at a Trust auction in about 2000 and it was pretty tiny!

There was a replica made of it, in heavy cotton about 15 years ago and it looked pretty shocking - heavy material, not the shiny stuff, wrong club badge and collar without the admiral logo

You'd like to think it would be in the running for the next club shop retro remake?

That or of course the first Palace 'Brazil' shirt (Tulip)
I’d buy that if club added it to retrowear.
Old 22-11-2021, 12:37 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
To be fair the club had ensured a top job with the admiral 78 home sash and the 1991 ZDS shirt. And I saw their remake of the 1990 Cup Final replay (yellow and black stripes) they had made a sample for, and everyone said don't get it made, it's considered bad luck and a lot of fans won't go near it. But it would have been a first class replica, all the details were spot on.

If they did a replica shirt of the yellow and black admiral shirt now now, it would be a very good replica. I do however wonder if the next one in line for the replica treatment is more likely to be something like the 90/91 Brazil shirt? Especially as it was the 'golden season' for the club to date.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013

Last edited by Dorking .Eagle; 22-11-2021 at 12:48 PM.