Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 18-05-2022, 08:14 AM

JimmyAG Sam the man is hereJimmyAG Sam the man is hereJimmyAG Sam the man is hereJimmyAG Sam the man is hereJimmyAG Sam the man is hereJimmyAG Sam the man is hereJimmyAG Sam the man is hereJimmyAG Sam the man is hereJimmyAG Sam the man is hereJimmyAG Sam the man is hereJimmyAG Sam the man is here
I was just imagining H as a GP...

Bonzo: "Doctor, doctor. My eyes feel like they have been punched."

Dr.H: "Pull yourself together. Those are mildly swollen eyes caused by your hayfever. This is what properly punched eyes feel like..." BAM! BOOF!
Old 18-05-2022, 09:32 AM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourtyTwo View Post
We’re off to the US in the summer and found To view the link you have to Register or Login link from Tui useful - albeit you have to scroll to p55 for the US requirements.
Thanks

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 23-05-2022, 10:59 AM

cross lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcross lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcross lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcross lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcross lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcross lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcross lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcross lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcross lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcross lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcross lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love again
Would anyone know / understand the German entry requirements at the moment - specifically for children?

We're driving there next week and my 2 children are under 12 - they've had one vaccination (all they're allowed at the moment) but I'm pretty sure Germany let their <12s have 2 jabs and so I'm not sure whether my children would class as fully vaccinated (and therefore not need a PCR test) or not?

Cheers

Chris
Old 23-05-2022, 12:22 PM

JimmyAG Sam the man is hereJimmyAG Sam the man is hereJimmyAG Sam the man is hereJimmyAG Sam the man is hereJimmyAG Sam the man is hereJimmyAG Sam the man is hereJimmyAG Sam the man is hereJimmyAG Sam the man is hereJimmyAG Sam the man is hereJimmyAG Sam the man is hereJimmyAG Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cross View Post
Would anyone know / understand the German entry requirements at the moment - specifically for children?

We're driving there next week and my 2 children are under 12 - they've had one vaccination (all they're allowed at the moment) but I'm pretty sure Germany let their <12s have 2 jabs and so I'm not sure whether my children would class as fully vaccinated (and therefore not need a PCR test) or not?

Cheers

Chris
Just had a look on the German Gov site. It's not very clear, is it!!

Firstly, as far as I understand - but don't take my word for it! - the so-called 3G rule continues until 31-MAY:

3G means you need proof of one of the following:
>>Geimpft=fully vaccinated, (e.g. NHS printout)
>>Genesen=recovered (not sure there's a UK certificate for this?)
>>Getestet=tested (Antigen/PCR-Test <48h - no self-test)

As far as <12s are concerned, you're right, it is not clear what constitutes "fully vaccinated" for them!

German Government site:
Personen, die das zwölfte Lebensjahr noch nicht vollendet haben und noch nicht geimpft sind, können mit einem Testnachweis (PCR-Test oder Antigentest) in Begleitung mindestens eines vollständig geimpften Elternteils einreisen. Personen, die das sechste Lebensjahr noch nicht vollendet haben, benötigen dabei keinen Testnachweis.

~Under 12s who are not vaccinated require a test, and have to be accompanied by at least one fully vaccinated adult. Under 6s are exempt.

For the <12s they do seem to say "vaccinated" and for the accompanying adults "fully vaccinated" though...

UK Government site:
To view the link you have to Register or Login

>>The UK is not currently designated as a high-risk area.
Not sure if this means you still need to fill out the passenger locator form or not!

>>Children under the age of 12 who are not yet vaccinated can enter the country with proof of a negative test result (PCR test or antigen test) when accompanied by at least one fully vaccinated parent. Children under the age of six do not require proof of a negative test result.

I will ask a German/UK forum I'm on if they understand about the locator form and "vaccinated" status for under 12s. Many will have travelled recently...
Old 23-05-2022, 12:33 PM

Quote:

Cheers

Chris

This advice seems a bit more specific...

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Section 2: rules for minors entering Germany

2.b. from 3rd countries e.g. UK:

"Children aged 6 to 11 are allowed to enter Germany if they are fully vaccinated or have an urgent need to travel. They are also allowed to enter the country if accompanied by a fully vaccinated parent. However, in this case they need to show a negative Covid-19 test. They are not required to quarantine."
"In Germany, a person is only deemed to be fully vaccinated when they have had 2 or in some cases 3 doses of vaccine (or 2 primary doses + booster)."
Old 23-05-2022, 02:08 PM

cross lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcross lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcross lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcross lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcross lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcross lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcross lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcross lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcross lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcross lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcross lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love again
Thanks for this - really appreciated.

That's the initial info I saw, but then also saw a different definition of vaccinated where if you've had 1 x vaccination, and had Covid before hand, it suggests that counts but than other pieces of information seem to contradict it.

Annoyingly we leave here UK on the 31st but are staying in Bruges for a night and then arrive in Germany on the 1st of June so it could be irrelevant anyway depending what they change the rules to!

Guess we'll get a PCR just in case and keep our fingers crossed!
Old 23-05-2022, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Thanks for this - really appreciated.

That's the initial info I saw, but then also saw a different definition of vaccinated where if you've had 1 x vaccination, and had Covid before hand, it suggests that counts but than other pieces of information seem to contradict it.

Annoyingly we leave here UK on the 31st but are staying in Bruges for a night and then arrive in Germany on the 1st of June so it could be irrelevant anyway depending what they change the rules to!

Guess we'll get a PCR just in case and keep our fingers crossed!

Yes, who knows how the rules will be on Jun 1st!
I've asked the Germany/UK forum about single vaccines for the under 12s, see what they think...

Edit... Antigen tests are also permitted, but have to be 'official'/supervised ones. May be cheaper/easier than PCR ones...

Edit 2... bear in mind that the test results can't be older than 48 hours when you are entering Germany

Last edited by JimmyAG; 23-05-2022 at 02:57 PM.