Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 27-05-2022, 09:46 PM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
There is no desire for an amnesty. The best we can hope for is a ban, restriction or vetting on assault weapons.
Agree but as I said any whiff of a ban or restriction will send gun sales sky high as people load up before the laws are introduced

Further saturation
Old 27-05-2022, 09:55 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
I'll have to try and find the details, but recently California tried to bring in some additional stricter laws about gun ownership, and the California Supreme Court (not the top guys) overturned it.
This is what I had seen/heard...

Dated May 11, 2022:

An appeals court panel ruled on Wednesday that California’s ban on the sale of semiautomatic weapons to adults under the age of 21 violated the right to bear arms found in the Second Amendment of the Constitution.

Judge Ryan Nelson, writing for a two-to-one majority in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, struck down a ruling by a federal judge in San Diego that upheld what Judge Nelson called an “almost total ban on semiautomatic” rifles for young adults.

“America would not exist without the heroism of the young adults who fought and died in our revolutionary army,” Judge Nelson wrote. “Today we reaffirm that our Constitution still protects the right that enabled their sacrifice: the right of young adults to keep and bear arms.”

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Madness!
Old 27-05-2022, 10:08 PM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
I do not hold to the self defense argument for one simple reason - assault rifles, as the name states, are offensive and not defensive. As evidence, look at all the mass shootings that have occurred in places where highly trained and experienced people have access to the latest weapons - US military bases:
To view the link you have to Register or Login 14 dead, 33 injured
To view the link you have to Register or Login: 13 dead, 8 injured
To view the link you have to Register or Login: 4 dead, 14 injured
To view the link you have to Register or Login 6 dead, 2 injured.
Notably, while in three cases the gunman was eventually stopped by being shot by law enforcement/military personnel, it was only after he had previously shot other le/mp who tried to engage him. Their weapons didn't defend them; nor did the perp's weapon end up defending him. (The 4th guy took his own life.)

Firearms have many legitimate functions but self-defense is bald faced bullshit, plain and simple.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 27-05-2022, 10:13 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Quote:
“America would not exist without the heroism of the young adults who fought and died in our revolutionary army,” Judge Nelson wrote. “Today we reaffirm that our Constitution still protects the right that enabled their sacrifice: the right of young adults to keep and bear arms.”[/I]
Yes, I'm sure those guys would have loved to have gotten off 200 shots in the time it took to reload their muskets.
Old 27-05-2022, 10:26 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk Butter View Post
Yes, I'm sure those guys would have loved to have gotten off 200 shots in the time it took to reload their muskets.
All angles of ‘the American people need guns to bring down a tyranny’ argument has gotten progressively weaker over the centuries. Firearms are now far too dangerous to be in the hands of citizens in an everyday sense, but at the same time the gap in power between a civilian guerilla force and a top level military has only widened.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 27-05-2022 at 10:30 PM.
Old 27-05-2022, 10:31 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyce the voice View Post
Blimey.

After thirty years living here I really want to leave. I loved America when I was growing up; I teach American literature; I love American comedy, and films, and music (jazz in particular). Almost all my friends are American. And yet, as I get older, I become more and more afraid that I'm living in some modern-day version of Germany in the early 1930s. Maybe I am being completely alarmist. New England doesn't feel very different from how it used to feel. But the country as a whole seems like it's heading toward a very dark place.
That is a depressing but informative post jtv - thank you. My only knowledge of New England's crime is from Murder, She Wrote and while it's not necessarily a documentary, I don't remember any mass shootings from it.
Old 27-05-2022, 11:00 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Does the right to bear arms only mean guns? Javelin missiles, for example. Are they allowed?

Last edited by Golf Boy; 28-05-2022 at 05:16 AM.
Old 28-05-2022, 12:19 AM

Skin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is here
The “blue lives matter” gun nuts are going to throw the cops under the bus. They will spin the police incompetence as, “well if the police are too shit to protect them that shows that private citizens need more gun rights!”
Old 28-05-2022, 01:11 AM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
I should probably post this in the Trump thread, but here seems as good.

We were in The Bahamas the last week (Sorry Selhurst Celtic) and a very high percentage of the guest at the resort were from the "South", i.e. Georgia, Texas, Carolina's, Mississippi etc.. The arrogance and social retardness of many of these folks was palatable. They wear their "Southerness" as a badge of honor, and woe betide anyone who questions their beliefs. My wife had one particular run-in with a guy from Georgia over COVID and Dr. Fauci, and he was a bloody pilot!

We got some snide comments when saying we came from California (see COVID denier above), and were talking to a couple from Long Island New York who told us when the told some people they were from New York the people walked off and wouldn't talk to them.

We were really getting the feeling it is becoming us against them, and question where this is going.

As recent history has shown, California and New York are not exempt from mass shootings, but as gun wielding states we are not in the same league as those states in the South.
The Disunited state of America.
Old 28-05-2022, 01:37 AM
Genius

joyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skin Up View Post
The “blue lives matter” gun nuts are going to throw the cops under the bus. They will spin the police incompetence as, “well if the police are too shit to protect them that shows that private citizens need more gun rights!”
yes that sounds about right--good call
Old 28-05-2022, 02:14 AM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
And yet, as I get older, I become more and more afraid that I'm living in some modern-day version of Germany in the early 1930s.
Don’t come back here Joyce if you think it’s going to be any better.
Old 28-05-2022, 02:28 AM
Dis-Member

Almost forgot, just read this.

To be fair I’ve no real idea who prospect.org are, but if it’s true it’s frightening.

Last edited by Blind_Eagle; 28-05-2022 at 02:31 AM.
Old 28-05-2022, 02:44 AM
Genius

joyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
That is a depressing but informative post jtv - thank you. My only knowledge of New England's crime is from Murder, She Wrote and while it's not necessarily a documentary, I don't remember any mass shootings from it.

It would certainly have made for a different show.
Old 28-05-2022, 03:06 AM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:

It would certainly have made for a different show.

Mass Murder She Wrote?
Old 28-05-2022, 04:21 AM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
Trevor Noah/Jordan Kleeper just reposted this article from a few years ago

6min 21sec - "About one out of every five active shooter events get stopped by a potential victim at the scene, and most of those victims are unarmed." (FBI)

There are some cases where a good guy with a gun stops a bad guy with a gun:
7min 01sec - "What's the percent?" "It's about 3%."

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 28-05-2022, 06:41 AM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
Almost forgot, just read this.

To be fair I’ve no real idea who prospect.org are, but if it’s true it’s frightening.
Prospect is a liberal thinking journo’s mainly based in Washington if I remember and I did think they had gone bust. I have read their stuff back in the days (circa 2008-10) they used to have a printed version, which you found in airports etc.

They are not far left and I would say they are in between the Lib Dems and Green Party we have here.
Old 28-05-2022, 07:22 AM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
I’m not sure you’re right Pete, from their legislation:-

(2) intentionally or knowingly sells, rents, leases, or gives or offers to sell, rent, lease, or give to any child younger than 18 years of age any firearm, club, or location-restricted knife;

Maybe I read an erroneous link, I will have to find it

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 28-05-2022, 07:41 AM

Sharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
No guns allowed in the hall when Trump addresses the NRA. Surely if they just gave Trump a gun, it would be ok for everyone else to have one?
Just saw a clip of the idiot speaking at the NRA, not blaming guns but “evil”.
Failing to mention that evil plus guns equals mass death. Evil on its own may be able to kill a few but not large scale.
Old 28-05-2022, 07:43 AM

Hazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is here

This video says it all. Don’t ban guns make schools a fortress and then churches and concerts and anywhere but banning the actual problem
Old 28-05-2022, 08:15 AM
No authority but yourself

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here