Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 08-04-2022, 04:26 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog View Post
I have no idea what you are on about. Why would I be scrounging a cup final ticket when we havenít played the semi yet?

Iíd heard there was some strange people on here but didnít expect the evidence to be so quickly exposed.
Sure.

Cricket wanker.
Old 08-04-2022, 04:27 PM

Johnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
The rate of covid positivity in the hospitals at almost 20% is not that far off the nation as a whole at almost 10%.

1,319 people died in the last 7 days who, in the prior 28 days to their death, also tested positive for Covid. Whether Covid had anything to do with their death is simply unknown
20% is the same as 10%?

Of course people are admitted and die of other things. But the glibness of dismissing it in the way you have is absurd.

We all want it over. That does not mean that it is.
Old 08-04-2022, 04:28 PM

ollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden Eagle View Post
100%.

It's bloody disruptive, as well. Most of us would like to go on foreign holidays again, but ATM you book something and either, you may well

A. Test positive just before you're due to travel
or
B. Get to the airport and find out your flight is cancelled, because of staff sickness (covid).

And at the back of my mind, actually I'm sure a lot of peoples, hope I don't test positive before Palace's biggest match for years and having forked out, a small fortune.

In fact, how many of the 80/90k think they may have it and won't test, because they want to go to the game ?
I've just got back from an amazing two weeks in Sri Lanka. There were no requirements at all (if fully vaccinated) apart from filling out a declaration form saying you dont have covid - which you could do when you arrived if you wanted.

The locals wore masks EVERYWHERE (I chose not to outside).

Unfortunately covid has gone a long way towards completely ruining their economy, as no tourists for two years. I hope they pull through
Old 08-04-2022, 04:31 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy View Post
20% is the same as 10%?

Of course people are admitted and die of other things. But the glibness of dismissing it in the way you have is absurd.

We all want it over. That does not mean that it is.
Glibness?

It supports all the other information I am getting which does suggest that now is the time.

What is your alternative?
Old 08-04-2022, 04:32 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Awh. Workshop banned so soon.

Who spoiled the fun?

Cricket wanker.
Old 08-04-2022, 04:39 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:
Why does it matter that you do or donít know whoís got it?

Itís no longer the killer it was. Itís no longer putting the NHS under incredible strain. Itís a virus.

Why people want to start going back to lock downs and restrictions whilst the above is true, is frankly barking mad. If a new lethal strain comes along, then fine. Until then, itís time to be big boys and girls
200 deaths a day is far more lethal than flu.

This idea that itís just a cold is what is barking mad. And then there is long covid.
Old 08-04-2022, 04:44 PM

Johnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
now is the time.
If you say so. Have a nice weekend
Old 08-04-2022, 04:51 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:
Glibness?

It supports all the other information I am getting which does suggest that now is the time.

What is your alternative?
What the U.K. is doing is far more laissez faire than most other countries.

The Swedish model turned out to be barbaric. A model that was supported by the let it rip brigade.
Old 08-04-2022, 05:04 PM

loz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I thought Scotland had lifted the mask requirements now?
Most people in shops and restaurants I saw >90% wore masks TBF, the mask mandate ends on the 18th of April, I had to wear one in the factory I was working in.
Old 08-04-2022, 05:14 PM
In a nutshell

Percy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post

This idea that itís just a cold is what is barking mad. And then there is long covid.
question is were they admitted to hospital or did they contract covid while in hospital being treated for something else and was covid the sole cause of death or was it part of a number of causes.

I know two people this week who were admitted to hospital for treatment unrelated to Covid however they have contracted covid while in Hospital.

Three out of my wife and I's parents who have died in the last 20 years had Pneumonia on their death certificates and none of them had Pneumonia when they went into hospital. As many people will know Pneumonia used to be called "Old Mans Friend" because it often brought a fairly swift and painless end to a life that was already of poor quality and would otherwise have continued to decline. I would guess that Covid has now taken over from pneumonia in that respect.

"Why go to learn the words of fools?" Steve Marriott/Ronnie Lane
Old 08-04-2022, 05:23 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
I have no idea what you are on about. Why would I be scrounging a cup final ticket when we havenít played the semi yet?

Iíd heard there was some strange people on here but didnít expect the evidence to be so quickly exposed.
Who did you hear this from?
Old 08-04-2022, 05:28 PM
Got any nuts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
Who did you hear this from?
Itís Workshop II

Heís been banned already.

Cricket wanker.
Old 08-04-2022, 05:28 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:

In 2018 almost 30,000 died of flu and pneumonia, the vast majority in the winter, when there would have been more than 200 a day.
Old 08-04-2022, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
Itís Workshop II

Heís been banned already.
Yes, sorry, I was a page in arrears. I was just hinting at what you had already called out.

However I didn't realise, was Worksop banned? I obviously don't miss the inane conflict he provoked but I don't like permanent bans either
Old 08-04-2022, 05:33 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Sure.
If nothing else, that reply to you nailed it.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 08-04-2022, 05:37 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Yes, sorry, I was a page in arrears. I was just hinting at what you had already called out.

However I didn't realise, was Worksop banned? I obviously don't miss the inane conflict he provoked but I don't like permanent bans either
I suspect if he had just ignored Wolf, he might have been free for longer. But sadly he slipped straight back into old and familiar patterns.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 08-04-2022, 06:23 PM

Quote:
In 2018 almost 30,000 died of flu and pneumonia, the vast majority in the winter, when there would have been more than 200 a day.
And flu is far, far worse than the cold, and a virus that the government shouldn’t be flippant about.

With covid there is also the issue of long covid and the risk of new strains that could be far worse.

Scrapping testing and any preventative measures beyond vaccines is deeply irresponsible in my view.
Old 08-04-2022, 06:36 PM

ob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Big f*cking deal, GG.
The government washing their hands of it, and trusting people to 'be responsible' is bullshit, and I'd be astonished if that hasn't contributed to further deaths.
Mask wearing, for instance, is at extremely low levels where I am. And, though it is debated, even a small additional percentage of protection is worth having, for comparatively little inconvenience.
People seem to have convinced themselves it's over, a view not being challenged by the c*nts in government.
I think "its over" is the message from the c*nts in government isn't it? I was hoping the basics of washing hands and wearing masks in shops etc might continue a bit more as we were all so used to it and it really was not a big deal once used to it.

When my wife tested positive on monday she called the care company that come in to do my stepdaughter and asked what the protocol was now and was told carers have to wear full ppe faceshield,sleeve covers etc and she would tell them. Next carer to walk in not been told,went back to car and got sorted,next mornings carer also not told!.
Then last night the person who took the original call wandered in at 7pm (due at 8) wanting to put a 27 year old to bed,Kay was about to have pudding,so carer got told and slunk off again.She then came back at 8 no ppe beyond basic mask and when reminded seemed to be surprised we still had covid! back to car to then return with no more ppe and a few words we didn't catch but i understood the stroppy arm movements like Kevin the teenager. f**king shocking.
Then my wife rings today and a kind of gets an apology for the attitude which she believed she had hidden well,excused by her feeling like shit and now tested positive herself but at work in the office with others Cant think why everyones getting it now
Old 08-04-2022, 06:37 PM

stumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is here
Quote:
Awh. Workshop banned so soon.

Who spoiled the fun?
Ahhh he talked so much sense..
Old 08-04-2022, 06:44 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
And flu is far, far worse than the cold, and a virus that the government shouldnít be flippant about.

With covid there is also the issue of long covid and the risk of new strains that could be far worse.

Scrapping testing and any preventative measures beyond vaccines is deeply irresponsible in my view.
According to ONS in England and Wales in 2022:

Deaths involving Flu/Pneumonia - 22694
Deaths due to Flu/Pneumonia - 4696

Deaths involving Covid19 - 11914
Death due to Covid19 - 8224

Thats for the first 3 months.