Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 21-04-2022, 11:22 AM

Philipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcfan1 View Post
How many days after testing positive do you tend to test negative? Iím still testing positive after being positive last Thursday
varies - but most I know who had omicron (and hadn't had the virus before) were 8 to 9 days
Old 21-04-2022, 11:37 AM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
Just to confirm currently:

Hopefully it has already peaked but the numbers are still huge and hospitals massively struggling.

The Department of education says don't come to school sick and if tested positive stay home for 3 days (under 18s).

There is real concern Covid is causing serious damage to kids Livers and needs investigating. (Some have died, several need transplants and it is likely many many times the number of known cases are asymptomatic and undiagnosed)

Yet your school has decided to take it upon themselves to reduce measures further? Or is this a change of policy no-one was told about? I get easing measures and learning to live with it but right now is not the time to open the flood gates further, we have already massively reduced measures and people are far too stupid to use common sense.
I don't think they have and I think this has been snuck in. Following the links of the letter it takes me to here https: To view the link you have to Register or Login and here To view the link you have to Register or Login.

It seems they are following the advice to the letter which is don't test yourself and go in if you feel a bit shit. If you feel really shit don't go in (but still don't test) but get back in pronto even if you still are symptomatic.
Old 22-04-2022, 06:00 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
A bit of a jump in the COVID deaths in today's report.

Seems to buck the recent trend, but probably another data collection adjustment.

Are these numbers even worth the effort in reporting anymore?
Old 22-04-2022, 08:42 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
How many days after testing positive do you tend to test negative? Iím still testing positive after being positive last Thursday
This time round, less than 48 hours
Old 22-04-2022, 11:23 PM
rusty body, strong engine

stamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
This time round, less than 48 hours
My wife and I were both 12 days until negative.
Old 23-04-2022, 08:45 PM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
Tested negative this morning, but I feel awful, bad throat and cough and tight chest

Anyone else?
Old 23-04-2022, 08:48 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
Quote:
Tested negative this morning, but I feel awful, bad throat and cough and tight chest

Anyone else?
Yep, had something on and off for a few weeks now
Old 23-04-2022, 09:03 PM

LN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is here
Quote:

Anyone else?
Yep same stuff. Positive start of the week and negative today. Still sniffling and sneezing but that may be it running into my hay fever?
Old 23-04-2022, 09:16 PM

cranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is here
I had the cough and the throatr since the middle of the week. Did test myself friday before Wembleyy and on Wednesday.. Both times negative but its felt horrible. Certainly no common cold this. Bailed out of first cricket game of the season

Death, taxes and injections
Old 23-04-2022, 09:21 PM
AWM V 42 124,125

Brummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is here
Does anyone else think the common cold and mild flu is now showing positive for COVID,

I had to cancel a cruise a few weeks back, had a positive PCR and the faintest of line on a LFT, and the next day negative. If I had COVID I had no idea I had it.

Old 25-04-2022, 05:05 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
I always used to enjoy a lock-in but Shanghai seems a little OTT.

Seriously the world has vaccines, why is China refusing to recognise the endemic nature of the virus?
Old 25-04-2022, 05:06 PM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Because they are using vaccines which do not work and too many of them have not taken one anyway
Old 25-04-2022, 05:13 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brummie Allan View Post
Does anyone else think the common cold and mild flu is now showing positive for COVID,

I had to cancel a cruise a few weeks back, had a positive PCR and the faintest of line on a LFT, and the next day negative. If I had COVID I had no idea I had it.
Not on a PCR, No

It tests for Covid, and two strains of flu

You can be positive for any combination, but its unusual to test positive for Flu and Covid, let alone show as positive for Covid because you have Flu
Old 25-04-2022, 06:08 PM

cranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranesparkeagle View Post
I had the cough and the throatr since the middle of the week. Did test myself friday before Wembleyy and on Wednesday.. Both times negative but its felt horrible. Certainly no common cold this. Bailed out of first cricket game of the season
Tested positive today. Symptons hadnt gone away so last thin I wanted to do was to be positive in a crowd of 20000 people. So will suffer in front of the tv tonight

Death, taxes and injections
Old 25-04-2022, 06:08 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranesparkeagle View Post
Have you had anything at all in the last couple of years?

First cold I had absolutely knocked me out. Went round a lot ot schools and lots of teachers said the same thing. Lack of exposure to anything recent had really done a number on immune systems.

Just over a month later presented with Covid symptoms and positive. Not even half as bad! In fact I spent most of the time drinking, watching football and staying up late!
Old 26-04-2022, 04:31 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Numbers being reported on GOV.UK site seem really erratic.

Hard to put any credence in them. Very hard to say there is a trend up or down.
Old 26-04-2022, 05:29 PM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Numbers being reported on GOV.UK site seem really erratic.

Hard to put any credence in them. Very hard to say there is a trend up or down.
Just look out for the ONS numbers if they are still doing that.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 27-04-2022, 11:38 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
So the policy of discharging patients from hospital into care homes, of which I was highly critical, has been found unlawful. The government, Hancock and PHE did not take into account the risks of the policy.
Old 27-04-2022, 11:48 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
So the policy of discharging patients from hospital into care homes, of which I was highly critical, has been found unlawful. The government, Hancock and PHE did not take into account the risks of the policy.
What?

We were told a ring of steel had been placed around our care homes, are you saying this goverent lied in the House and to the public?
Old 27-04-2022, 01:15 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
But not the practice of discharging Covid positive patients back to their own homes, shared with vulnerable individuals?