Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 09-05-2022, 03:56 PM

Webb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendy View Post
My youngest daughter has PoTS but it doesn't affect her life much, gets purple legs standing too long and rapid increase in heart rate when standing, making her giddy.

Depending on what the symptoms are that are wiping her out maybe look into Mast Cell Activation Syndrome - been linked to long covid and PoTS my niece is being investigated for this, not been right for a year and not returned back to full time work since having covid.
Thanks Vendy. Hope your daughter and niece are OK.
Old 10-05-2022, 07:13 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
Good luck DM, hope you are not feeling too rough
Thank you. In no way have I been seriously ill, but it has been a bit up and down: a couple of days last week were fairly fluey (aches and brain fog) but Day Nurse helped, then felt brighter for a couple of days, then completely exhausted over the weekend, taking frequent naps during the days.

Hopefully that's behind me, just the occasional cough now. I just need to test negative again, as company policy is WFH all the while testing positive, and I'm bored of it.
Old 14-05-2022, 04:17 AM

Skin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is here
The eight week and counting lockdown in Shanghai; one of the most important cities in the world economically with Beijing about to be lockdowned at any moment is a warm-up as to what omicron can do to a country that used in-house non mRNA vaccines.

The main event is omicron spreading in an urban environment which used no vaccines at all, plus a rudimentary health care system and little resources or knowledge in how to fight it.

Last two days North Korea has reported hundreds of thousands of people with fever like symptoms and growing deaths. Surely covid but heaven knows if/how they are testing.

Kim was offered vaccines by China, South Korea and The UN and declined each time. He will probably decline again unless he can produce the vaccines in NK.

This could become the most tragic event in the history of the pandemic. Even the best case is massively repressive control measures and worst case a national security crisis for Seoul and others in the region if the Kim regime botches this further.

Last edited by Skin Up; 14-05-2022 at 04:21 AM.
Old 14-05-2022, 08:14 AM

Mr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skin Up View Post
The eight week and counting lockdown in Shanghai; one of the most important cities in the world economically with Beijing about to be lockdowned at any moment is a warm-up as to what omicron can do to a country that used in-house non mRNA vaccines.

The main event is omicron spreading in an urban environment which used no vaccines at all, plus a rudimentary health care system and little resources or knowledge in how to fight it.

Last two days North Korea has reported hundreds of thousands of people with fever like symptoms and growing deaths. Surely covid but heaven knows if/how they are testing.

Kim was offered vaccines by China, South Korea and The UN and declined each time. He will probably decline again unless he can produce the vaccines in NK.

This could become the most tragic event in the history of the pandemic. Even the best case is massively repressive control measures and worst case a national security crisis for Seoul and others in the region if the Kim regime botches this further.
My optimistic take on it is that the populations of China and North Korea will realise (as many people in the West still need to realise) that using lockdowns to stop Omicron is about as effective as King **** trying to stop the tide coming in. Theyíll then rise up against those god awful repressive regimes (which inspired too much of the West in 2020) and try to overthrow them.

My pessimistic take is that the lockdown fanatics in the West will once again look to them for inspiration when cases will inevitably rise in autumn and winter.
Old 14-05-2022, 08:43 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skin Up View Post

Gives Kim a handy excuse for excess deaths, rather than famine.
Old 14-05-2022, 08:50 AM
Shit or Bust

Shamone Sam the man is hereShamone Sam the man is hereShamone Sam the man is hereShamone Sam the man is hereShamone Sam the man is hereShamone Sam the man is hereShamone Sam the man is hereShamone Sam the man is hereShamone Sam the man is hereShamone Sam the man is hereShamone Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post
Gives Kim a handy excuse for excess deaths, rather than famine.
If he dont get covid the fat ****
Old 14-05-2022, 08:52 AM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mojo Risin View Post
My optimistic take on it is that the populations of China and North Korea will realise (as many people in the West still need to realise) that using lockdowns to stop Omicron is about as effective as King **** trying to stop the tide coming in. Theyíll then rise up against those god awful repressive regimes (which inspired too much of the West in 2020) and try to overthrow them.

My pessimistic take is that the lockdown fanatics in the West will once again look to them for inspiration when cases will inevitably rise in autumn and winter.
Iím struggling to get how you still donít get that lockdowns in the west were used to protect health systems from being overwhelmed and were a slowing mechanism not a stopping mechanism.

We were rationing ventilators.
Old 14-05-2022, 08:55 AM
No authority but yourself

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
I had covid again a couple of weeks ago and didn't feel ill, just an annoying cough. But it did give me dodgy guts this time and i'm now left with diverticulitis which can be for life apparently and pretty horrible. I bet there's loads of fallout like this from covid and more drain on the NHS.
Old 14-05-2022, 08:59 AM
They didn't care enough

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by philsick View Post
I had covid again a couple of weeks ago and didn't feel ill, just an annoying cough. But it did give me dodgy guts this time and i'm now left with diverticulitis which can be for life apparently and pretty horrible. I bet there's loads of fallout like this from covid and more drain on the NHS.
Iíve had that for years mate. It comes and goes but has not really affected me.
Perhaps Iíve been lucky.
Old 14-05-2022, 09:22 AM
No authority but yourself

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by old git View Post
Iíve had that for years mate. It comes and goes but has not really affected me.
Perhaps Iíve been lucky.
Does exercise make it worse? my symptoms got bad after drumming 2 weeks in a row.
Old 14-05-2022, 09:34 AM
They didn't care enough

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by philsick View Post
Does exercise make it worse? my symptoms got bad after drumming 2 weeks in a row.
I find any position that involves leaning forward while sitting for a length of time can cause a bit of pain. I suppose drumming involves that. I only realised I had it when I had scans for another issue .
Old 14-05-2022, 09:38 AM

Mr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
Iím struggling to get how you still donít get that lockdowns in the west were used to protect health systems from being overwhelmed and were a slowing mechanism not a stopping mechanism.

We were rationing ventilators.
There was an argument for lockdowns pre-vaccination but I think the enormous collateral damage they cause wasnít given nearly enough attention at the time. The carnage they caused to the economy, peopleís mental and physical health and kidsí development are now beginning to emerge. It genuinely baffles me that such a huge change to our way of life, with all of the downsides, was subject to so little debate at the time and we used a blueprint from one of the most repressive regimes on Earth to try and stop it (although it thankfully was not as strict, it would have been if certain fanatics had their way).

But even vaccination did not stop the calls for lockdowns and restrictions as we witnessed last winter when those CCP inspired fanatics were calling for them when Omicron first emerged. And I have no doubt we will hear those same people call for restrictions next winter when cases inevitably rise.
Old 14-05-2022, 10:16 AM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mojo Risin View Post
There was an argument for lockdowns pre-vaccination but I think the enormous collateral damage they cause wasnít given nearly enough attention at the time. The carnage they caused to the economy, peopleís mental and physical health and kidsí development are now beginning to emerge. It genuinely baffles me that such a huge change to our way of life, with all of the downsides, was subject to so little debate at the time and we used a blueprint from one of the most repressive regimes on Earth to try and stop it (although it thankfully was not as strict, it would have been if certain fanatics had their way).

But even vaccination did not stop the calls for lockdowns and restrictions as we witnessed last winter when those CCP inspired fanatics were calling for them when Omicron first emerged. And I have no doubt we will hear those same people call for restrictions next winter when cases inevitably rise.
ďNot as strictĒ😂

Understatement of the year. They werenít comparable in any fashion or reasonable debate. The fact they have the same name is a travesty of language.

ďCCP inspired fanaticsĒ 😂

Christ on a bike.
Old 14-05-2022, 10:18 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
You're very bad tempered today.

But you are not wrong.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 14-05-2022, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
You're very bad tempered today.

But you are not wrong.
Sorry if it comes across like that. Iím actually in a great mood. Just about to cut the grass, lovely coffee brewing and looking forward to a family barbecue later.
Old 14-05-2022, 10:41 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamone View Post
If he dont get covid the fat ****
  • Corrupt
  • Incompetent
  • Grossly Obese
  • Shit haircut
  • Ill-fitting suit

Boris has already had it.

Breathin deep, breathin easy...

Didnít vote for a Brexit.
Old 14-05-2022, 10:43 AM

JimmyAG Sam the man is hereJimmyAG Sam the man is hereJimmyAG Sam the man is hereJimmyAG Sam the man is hereJimmyAG Sam the man is hereJimmyAG Sam the man is hereJimmyAG Sam the man is hereJimmyAG Sam the man is hereJimmyAG Sam the man is hereJimmyAG Sam the man is hereJimmyAG Sam the man is here
Quote:
Sorry if it comes across like that. Iím actually in a great mood. Just about to cut the grass, lovely coffee brewing and looking forward to a family barbecue later.
Sausages?
Old 14-05-2022, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyAG View Post
Sausages?
Not today. Some nice steaks marinating
Old 14-05-2022, 11:33 AM

Quote:
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Well have a lovely day. And be grateful that we are no longer inspired by China's draconian Covid policies, which means you can have that family barbecue.
Old 14-05-2022, 12:10 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
I have a friend who lives in Beijing, she was locked in her house for two weeks after travelling to London and New York (after being herded there, attended, from the airport). She could only get out for minutes to receive food deliveries - they have prefects monitoring all this.
It’s a stretch to compare this to European measures.