Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 06-01-2021, 09:46 AM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Random play by Alexa found Robin Trower (never listen to him before 70's guitarist that i seemed to miss) In City Dreams the Album. Love it!!!

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 06-01-2021, 11:08 AM

Tim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post
Random play by Alexa found Robin Trower (never listen to him before 70's guitarist that i seemed to miss) In City Dreams the Album. Love it!!!
I will re-check him out. I saw him at Reading in 75 and was underwhelmed, but he was in Procul Harum before that, who I recently discovered did some magnificent stuff, so I'll give him another belated go.
Old 06-01-2021, 11:11 AM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Really liked In City Dreams other stuff is good as I explore my way round his back catalogue

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 06-01-2021, 11:38 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Jimi Hendrix - Pali Gap

SaulAlinsky
Old 06-01-2021, 01:49 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Bill Fay - Countless Branches.

Currently working my way through albums from last year that I've seen recommended. Had never heard of Fay until yesterday. 77 year old from London, who released 2 albums in the 70's and was then dropped. This album is a very low-key, singer songwriter fayre, but bloody hell it's very good.
Old 06-01-2021, 02:20 PM

Eagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
George Benson-live at Ronnie Scotts,great album.
Old 06-01-2021, 02:29 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim of the 80's View Post
I will re-check him out. I saw him at Reading in 75 and was underwhelmed, but he was in Procul Harum before that, who I recently discovered did some magnificent stuff, so I'll give him another belated go.
Haha. I was at that Reading Festival as well. I was mainly there to see Yes. Absolutely pissed down during their set. I recorded it on a mono cassette player. All you can hear is rain, the rustling of plastic sheets and the odd high note of the music breaking through.
Old 06-01-2021, 02:37 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Bebop Deluxe - Sunburst Finish
Cluster - Zuckerzeit
Steve Hillage - Motivation Radio
Klaus Nomi - Klaus Nomi
Yellow Magic Orchestra - Solid State Survivor
Ippu Do - Lunatic Menu
Old 06-01-2021, 02:52 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Some well old stuff - Stanley Holloway, Harry Champion, Flanagan & Allen (no, not those ones), Noel Coward, Gracie Fields
Old 06-01-2021, 03:59 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
Currently listening to Against All Logic - 2017-19. Techno/Dance thing. The first track is a banger and the rest struggles to match it.
His previous album is much better IMO. It's called 2012-2017 and it's a lot more funkier. More fun.

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo
Old 06-01-2021, 04:24 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
His previous album is much better IMO. It's called 2012-2017 and it's a lot more funkier. More fun.
Yeah I listened straight after.
The first track on album 2 was clearly the standout.

Edit. Hadn’t realised I’d already sent that
Old 06-01-2021, 05:07 PM
9dw

Roadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Kassa Overall - I Think I'm Good
Four Tet - Parallel
Old 06-01-2021, 11:51 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Love that Kassa Overall album.

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo
Old 07-01-2021, 09:03 AM
Mind your sandwiches

chatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Seventies British Bluegrass, decent.
Old 07-01-2021, 09:20 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Klute - whatever it takes

SaulAlinsky
Old 07-01-2021, 09:29 AM
9dw

Roadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
Love that Kassa Overall album.
Yeah it's great. Only stumbled across it over Christmas. Been realising how much new music I missed in 2020.
Old 07-01-2021, 10:00 AM
Mind your sandwiches

chatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is here
Continuing with the bluegrass theme, To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 07-01-2021, 10:28 AM

BRIAN1948 only had an early morning dream; the world will be alrightBRIAN1948 only had an early morning dream; the world will be alrightBRIAN1948 only had an early morning dream; the world will be alrightBRIAN1948 only had an early morning dream; the world will be alrightBRIAN1948 only had an early morning dream; the world will be alrightBRIAN1948 only had an early morning dream; the world will be alrightBRIAN1948 only had an early morning dream; the world will be alrightBRIAN1948 only had an early morning dream; the world will be alrightBRIAN1948 only had an early morning dream; the world will be alrightBRIAN1948 only had an early morning dream; the world will be alrightBRIAN1948 only had an early morning dream; the world will be alright
Bob Geldof - This Is The World Calling
Old 07-01-2021, 03:44 PM
Mind your sandwiches

Justin Townes Earle - The Saint of Lost Causes
Old 07-01-2021, 04:19 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIAN1948 View Post
Bob Geldof - This Is The World Calling
F**k off!