Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 23-01-2022, 05:31 PM
Landlord

Son of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
PV needs to give his half-time talk before the match
Old 23-01-2022, 05:31 PM

Expat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilbraham413 View Post
If a small team scores against a Big 6, VAR spends 5 minutes looking for any possible reason to disallow it. If a Big 6 team fails to score, VAR steps in to look for any possible reason to give them a goal.

If we had scored that 2nd goal at Anfield, VAR 100% would have disallowed it for being offside. Similarly, if Wilf dove into Alisson at Anfield, VAR wouldn't even look at it, other than to find a reason to book Wilf.

It's so corrupt, it's beyond parody.
This is absolutely right, great post. I am so angry that the game I love has become so corrupt.
Old 23-01-2022, 05:32 PM

ms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZahaVBrighton View Post
In your opinion. If Liverpool win their game in hand its 6 points. To call that walking away with it is just bollox isn't it.
Saying Manchester City are walking away with it is not bollocks, no.
Old 23-01-2022, 05:33 PM

ms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Can't say I recall this.
Well Pep Guardiola complained about it last night in his MOTD interview suggesting they shouldn't have been doing precisely that.
Old 23-01-2022, 05:33 PM

Johnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is here
They had a keeper who made world class saves, bit like Butlands last game
Old 23-01-2022, 05:34 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
I come away disgusted again at the ref. I said before that we may as well not bother going today with friend as ref. He is as corrupt as they come

The second goal is so clearly offside. He misses the ball by a fraction but Mitchell has to come inside to mark him. How can Firmino not be interfering?

The penalty is a different level of corruptness. I’ve now watched it 15 times - admittedly from the pawsons arms :-) - and it’s so obvious that Jota doesn’t have control of the ball and that he then deliberately runs into Guiata.

Firstly, it’s not a clear and obvious error. Secondly, it’s so obviously not a penalty. It’s a disgrace.

I think we would have gone on to equalise. We had them on the rack

Shameful refereeing. We should ask never to have friend for one of our games. He’s as bent as they come.
Old 23-01-2022, 05:34 PM

Wycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunt View Post
Itís a horrible thing to have to say, but something did seem very wrong long before the goal decisions. After a few minutes Friend pulled up Gallagher for doing what looked like nothing more than basic pressing and you could see him saying ďbe carefulĒ sternly to Gallagher - to which Gallagher looked rightly baffled. Then he called a foul against Olise when he really was just challenging for the ball against a player twice his size and then did it again a few minutes later, all while ignoring any physicality by Liverpool players. Right then it seemed like there was something weird going on, and I wondered whether part of the reason we were struggling was because our players felt they couldnít press properly and challenge without fouls being called. The foul on Hughes that wasnít called was another example. Basically right from the off Friend seemed to be looking to be setting unequal ground rules between the two sides with Palace not allowed to challenge and Liverpool allowed to be much more physical. I can see exactly how this would throw players off their stride.

And then the penalty is just impossible to interpret as anything other than a bad faith decision.

I donít want to think football is corrupt. While itís clear the incentives are there, and it might happen sometimes, youíd think the consequences of being found out would be so bad that it would be strong enough disincentive. But a game like that really makes me wonder and I donít want to be wondering about the validity of a game I love.

Really sad about that.
Totally. That conversation in the first few minutes for a nothing challenge told us all we needed to know
Old 23-01-2022, 05:35 PM
Shot by both sides

Sam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
I disagree with ms21 here, but the burden of proof is not on him to prove a negative.
I accept that it would be difficult for him. Iím just pointing out the difference between his opinion and evidential facts. He and I are unlikely to agree on the point in question I suspect.
Old 23-01-2022, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
I didnít ask you to ďback it upĒ whereby you just repeat what your opinion is again. Iíve already said that I accept your opinion. Where is the evidence that backs up your assertion that there was no corruption today?
The onus isn't on me to provide evidence for your assertion that today was an example of corruption. That's not how it works. The onus is on you. And you don't have any.
Old 23-01-2022, 05:36 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Liverpool's first goal was poor on our part. Their 2nd was apparently offside but otherwise was a class move by Liverpool. After that we were the better side but we needed to take our chances.

However that pen is beyond outrageous there can be no logical answer other than corruption.
Old 23-01-2022, 05:38 PM

Quote:
I accept that it would be difficult for him. Iím just pointing out the difference between his opinion and evidential facts. He and I are unlikely to agree on the point in question I suspect.
The evidential facts were based on what's gone on in the past. City dominating the PL for years is surely fact based, is it not? I'm questioning why all of a sudden, now, today the PL all of a sudden had to manufacture a title race.
Old 23-01-2022, 05:39 PM

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
They touched on the bad VAR decisions here on the US football show. One of them made a very good point on the penalty. How can it be clear and obvious mistake on the field if it takes 5 minutes for VAR ton review it?
Old 23-01-2022, 05:41 PM

hihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I just wish once a referee would go to the monitor and say 'no I got it right'
Old 23-01-2022, 05:42 PM

ZahaVBrighton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZahaVBrighton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZahaVBrighton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZahaVBrighton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZahaVBrighton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZahaVBrighton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZahaVBrighton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZahaVBrighton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZahaVBrighton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZahaVBrighton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZahaVBrighton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms21 View Post
Saying Manchester City are walking away with it is not bollocks, no.
So you believe a team that wins the league by 2 wins has run away with it?
Old 23-01-2022, 05:42 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Obviously the alternative is incompetence. I'm not entirely sure how you get into the position the 2 officials today are in with that level of incompetence, but I guess it is a possibility.
Old 23-01-2022, 05:43 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
I come away disgusted again at the ref. I said before that we may as well not bother going today with friend as ref. He is as corrupt as they come

The second goal is so clearly offside. He misses the ball by a fraction but Mitchell has to come inside to mark him. How can Firmino not be interfering?

The penalty is a different level of corruptness. Iíve now watched it 15 times - admittedly from the pawsons arms :-) - and itís so obvious that Jota doesnít have control of the ball and that he then deliberately runs into Guiata.

Firstly, itís not a clear and obvious error. Secondly, itís so obviously not a penalty. Itís a disgrace.

Shameful refereeing. We should ask never to have friend for one of our games. Heís as bent as they come.
Spot on.
Old 23-01-2022, 05:44 PM

KP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
They touched on the bad VAR decisions here on the US football show. One of them made a very good point on the penalty. How can it be clear and obvious mistake on the field if it takes 5 minutes for VAR ton review it?
because pawson had to keep shouting down the mike remember the bung! remember the bung!
Old 23-01-2022, 05:44 PM

HurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post

The penalty is a different level of corruptness. I’ve now watched it 15 times - admittedly from the pawsons arms :-) - and it’s so obvious that Jota doesn’t have control of the ball and that he then deliberately runs into Guiata.

Firstly, it’s not a clear and obvious error. Secondly, it’s so obviously not a penalty. It’s a disgrace.

Shameful refereeing. We should ask never to have friend for one of our games. He’s as bent as they come.
Firminho was ‘not interfering’ the same way Guehi was ‘not interfering’ for our disallowed winner vs Newcastle.
Old 23-01-2022, 05:45 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hihi View Post
I just wish once a referee would go to the monitor and say 'no I got it right'
They would get so much more respect if they did
Old 23-01-2022, 05:46 PM

ZahaVBrighton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZahaVBrighton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZahaVBrighton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZahaVBrighton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZahaVBrighton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZahaVBrighton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZahaVBrighton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZahaVBrighton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZahaVBrighton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZahaVBrighton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZahaVBrighton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms21 View Post
The evidential facts were based on what's gone on in the past. City dominating the PL for years is surely fact based, is it not? I'm questioning why all of a sudden, now, today the PL all of a sudden had to manufacture a title race.
Opportunity. ******* over a small team to make sure the points between 1st and 2nd are as small as possible without fear of any sort of repercussion? All while Liverpool have 1 game in hand with the opportunity to be 2 games away from a crazy end of season title fight? Have they had that same opportunity in previous seasons??