Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 28-12-2021, 12:03 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Freedman9 View Post
Think Iím going to pop into store today and compare the sizes to be sure. But mini does seem like a more hand held device which is what Iím used too!
Just make sure you buy it online. If you buy in store and change your mind youíre stuck with it.

Breathin deep, breathin easy...

Didnít vote for a Brexit.
Old 28-12-2021, 09:35 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Freedman9 View Post
Think I’m going to pop into store today and compare the sizes to be sure. But mini does seem like a more hand held device which is what I’m used too!
If you go for the mini then this looks like a great deal as long as a 24 month contract and capacity suit you, providing the network has good coverage where you need it. iPhone 13 mini 256 gb capacity, £29.99 a month for 24 months, includes 100gb 5g data, unlimited minutes and texts.

I tend to buy the handset up front and go for a 30 day contract instead, but with this deal the cost of the phone and contract is less than buying the handset outright (and go course this includes two years worth of monthly charges). Cost of buying 256 gb mini handset outright = £779. Cost of 24 month contract including handset = £29.99 x 24 = £719.76. Looks too good to be true, can anyone see if there is a catch that I am missing? Delivery date is 20th January though.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by Smoz; 28-12-2021 at 10:33 PM.
Old 29-12-2021, 05:49 PM
Concession/Adult

9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoz View Post
If you go for the mini then this looks like a great deal as long as a 24 month contract and capacity suit you, providing the network has good coverage where you need it. iPhone 13 mini 256 gb capacity, £29.99 a month for 24 months, includes 100gb 5g data, unlimited minutes and texts.

I tend to buy the handset up front and go for a 30 day contract instead, but with this deal the cost of the phone and contract is less than buying the handset outright (and go course this includes two years worth of monthly charges). Cost of buying 256 gb mini handset outright = £779. Cost of 24 month contract including handset = £29.99 x 24 = £719.76. Looks too good to be true, can anyone see if there is a catch that I am missing? Delivery date is 20th January though.

Great deal that, especially seeing as itís the 256gb version. Shame itís not available until back end of January!
Old 29-12-2021, 07:01 PM

montstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Always worth checking apple refurbished, get an unlocked phone and just get a sim only deal - works out quite abit cheaper

Steve Jobs
Old 29-12-2021, 07:06 PM

Eagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is here
Just get a One Plus
Old 29-12-2021, 11:40 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post
Just make sure you buy it online. If you buy in store and change your mind youíre stuck with it.
As you should be - unless of course itís faulty.

Back on topic (sorry Joe, itís a personal thing) I used to buy outright on every major model upgrades outright on release from the first model up to the 7. Like others I think there have been no further amazing improvements that made any real difference to the user experience since then and I havenít bothered to upgrade.

Itís a 128Gb 7, running 15.1 and it seems as fast as the day I bought it.
Old 30-12-2021, 03:24 AM
Lt. Columbo's no. 1 fan

dweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest View Post
Just get a One Plus
Xiaomi is a better shout these days
Old 30-12-2021, 05:24 AM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
As you should be - unless of course itís faulty.

Back on topic (sorry Joe, itís a personal thing) I used to buy outright on every major model upgrades outright on release from the first model up to the 7. Like others I think there have been no further amazing improvements that made any real difference to the user experience since then and I havenít bothered to upgrade.

Itís a 128Gb 7, running 15.1 and it seems as fast as the day I bought it.
Face ID is a basic human right. That came in on the X.

But otherwise it is mostly this is a bit better and thatís a bit better, which is why people are upgrading far less frequently.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 30-12-2021, 10:36 AM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post

But otherwise it is mostly this is a bit better and thatís a bit better, which is why people are upgrading far less frequently.
Not for the last couple of years its not itís been a pain in our mask wearing society. Also just tapping the fingerprint reader is much better when you donít want to pick up the phone but still want to answer it.

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 30-12-2021, 11:38 AM

Eagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweedman View Post
Xiaomi is a better shout these days
Yes I'm going to weigh that one up when I come to need a new one. The picture quality on my 8 Pro is really good.

No idea why people buy iPhones for £1200+. I had my phone shipped in from Hong Kong at a cost of £649 and it's better
Old 30-12-2021, 11:41 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post
Not for the last couple of years its not itís been a pain in our mask wearing society. Also just tapping the fingerprint reader is much better when you donít want to pick up the phone but still want to answer it.
Yep, just had to pop into town with my mask on.
Nightmare with Face ID.
Old 30-12-2021, 12:28 PM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest View Post
Yes I'm going to weigh that one up when I come to need a new one. The picture quality on my 8 Pro is really good.

No idea why people buy iPhones for £1200+. I had my phone shipped in from Hong Kong at a cost of £649 and it's better
As someone who has worked for a Chinese company who (amongst other things) makes vast vast vast numbers of mobile phones, there are certain things I would now not do, and that includes running a phone where the company is controlled / heavily influenced by the Chinese state. That’s all Chinese mobile phone companies btw.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 31-12-2021, 07:38 PM
Concession/Adult

9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Picked up a 13 pro in the end. Liking it so far, certainly prefer the larger size over the old SE that I had. Glad I made the jump.
Old 27-01-2022, 07:55 PM
Keep St George

King William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Anyone got a home projector that links to iPhone (or iPad / Mac)

To watch Apple TV / Netflix etc…

Thanks
Old 28-01-2022, 07:41 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
I suffer Face ID on the iPad Pro and I hate it!

It’s just seems completely unreliable in recognising me. My eldest, whose another Face ID fanboy, just wouldn’t accept I was telling the truth so I showed him.

He just laughed when he realised I was right. I added him and it recognised him every bloody time.
Old 30-01-2022, 10:18 AM
Ichiro!

Quote:

It’s just seems completely unreliable in recognising me. My eldest, whose another Face ID fanboy, just wouldn’t accept I was telling the truth so I showed him.

He just laughed when he realised I was right. I added him and it recognised him every bloody time.
The problem sounds like it is with your face rather than the system, no?
Old 31-01-2022, 08:11 AM
Dis-Member

Quote:
The problem sounds like it is with your face rather than the system, no?
Indeed, annoyingly itís the only logical explanation.
Old 31-01-2022, 01:01 PM

montstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:

Itís just seems completely unreliable in recognising me. My eldest, whose another Face ID fanboy, just wouldnít accept I was telling the truth so I showed him.

Do you have spotlights and the ipad facing up rather than Vertical? Heard a few issues where theres too much light interference HTH

other than few things to try here

Steve Jobs
Old 02-02-2022, 04:24 PM
Dis-Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by montstar View Post
Do you have spotlights and the ipad facing up rather than Vertical? Heard a few issues where theres too much light interference HTH

other than few things to try here
I do tend to use it face up mostly but itís no better on the occasions I hold it vertically. Iíll take a look at that vid, thanks.
Old 02-02-2022, 05:03 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by montstar View Post
... other than few things to try here
Boy, I couldn't watch that past about 30 seconds... that voice made my teeth ache!