Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 10-12-2021, 07:47 PM
Born in South London

gcwhite Sam the man is heregcwhite Sam the man is heregcwhite Sam the man is heregcwhite Sam the man is heregcwhite Sam the man is heregcwhite Sam the man is heregcwhite Sam the man is heregcwhite Sam the man is heregcwhite Sam the man is heregcwhite Sam the man is heregcwhite Sam the man is here
As a teenager in the 60s I thought the Beatles were going to change the world.. When I was sixteen I used to tell everyone that Strawberry Fields Forever was the greatest song ever written. I rarely listen to them these days but you can't deny the influence they have had. And George was my favourite.
Old 10-12-2021, 08:30 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
Slightly unfortunate phrasing regarding a nonce.
I didnít know about that.
Old 10-12-2021, 08:38 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Really? I can't remember if I heard about it at the time or when he died. Rum business, either way.
Old 10-12-2021, 09:16 PM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
He was certainly the victim of sexual abuse as a child - didn't know that he had been a perpetrator but To view the link you have to Register or Login

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 10-12-2021, 09:42 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
How terribly sad.
Old 10-12-2021, 10:38 PM

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughff View Post
He was certainly the victim of sexual abuse as a child - didn't know that he had been a perpetrator but To view the link you have to Register or Login
Charges were dropped so we will never know the truth in that case.
Old 14-12-2021, 10:59 PM

Supersonic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupersonic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupersonic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupersonic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupersonic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupersonic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupersonic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupersonic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupersonic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupersonic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupersonic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
To view the link you have to Register or Login

who on earth do you think you are? A superstar well right you are.
Old 14-12-2021, 11:17 PM
Correctamundo !

Another Oxted Eagle Sam the man is hereAnother Oxted Eagle Sam the man is hereAnother Oxted Eagle Sam the man is hereAnother Oxted Eagle Sam the man is hereAnother Oxted Eagle Sam the man is hereAnother Oxted Eagle Sam the man is hereAnother Oxted Eagle Sam the man is hereAnother Oxted Eagle Sam the man is hereAnother Oxted Eagle Sam the man is hereAnother Oxted Eagle Sam the man is hereAnother Oxted Eagle Sam the man is here
Despite being a bit of a fan of Beatles music (as in own 5 later albums but don’t know a great deal about them as people ) I’m pleasantly surprised with how Paul comes across in the doc. He’s a genius of course but seems very down to earth too , probably the most ‘normal’ one at that point. In later years with all the victory signs and false modesty , I assumed he was a bit of a nob so I’m glad the doc put me straight
Old 25-12-2021, 11:12 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Just watched the first episode of the documentary.

Fascinating and great watch seeing the creative process along with the group dynamics at that time.

Just so bizarre to have Yoko sitting with them as they created and developed songs. Amazed none of them told her to **** off.

Am looking forward to watching the second installment

Vision for Bangladesh. Please donate if you can

www.visionforbangladesh.org
Old 29-12-2021, 04:11 PM
Since '67

ozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Just finished the whole lot of "Get Back" totally changed my own personal view of the dynamics within the band. For me George came over as a bit of a wimp. whereas before I figured he was the most inventive, creative and sane. I think I got that well wrong.

Paul and Linda got into a lift with me back in 72 at 100 Oxford St... must have been a recording studio on the top floor. I was 17 a the time.... I basically ignored him, made it clear via body language and reaction that I wasn't a fan. Well after that doc, my opinion back then was flawed.

I haven't watched a lot of music docos over the years, but the creativity aspect, especially between Lennon and Mccartney was something to behold. Telepathy basically.

Very much a documentary worth watching IMO.

Old 29-12-2021, 04:20 PM
Block U

Happy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzieEagle View Post
Just finished the whole lot of "Get Back" totally changed my own personal view of the dynamics within the band. For me George came over as a bit of a wimp. whereas before I figured he was the most inventive, creative and sane. I think I got that well wrong.

Paul and Linda got into a lift with me back in 72 at 100 Oxford St... must have been a recording studio on the top floor. I was 17 a the time.... I basically ignored him, made it clear via body language and reaction that I wasn't a fan. Well after that doc, my opinion back then was flawed.

I haven't watched a lot of music docos over the years, but the creativity aspect, especially between Lennon and Mccartney was something to behold. Telepathy basically.

Very much a documentary worth watching IMO.

I thought George came across great. He had lots of ideas and wanted to experiment. You could almost feel his frustration as he couldn't break through the McCartney/Lennon duo.
It makes me happy to know George wrote the most streamed Beatles song so maybe he got the last laugh.
Old 29-12-2021, 04:32 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Arthur View Post
I thought George came across great. He had lots of ideas and wanted to experiment. You could almost feel his frustration as he couldn't break through the McCartney/Lennon duo.
It makes me happy to know George wrote the most streamed Beatles song so maybe he got the last laugh.
google search says most streamed Beatles song is 'twist and shout' and none of the Beatles wrote that (Phil Medley and Bert Berns )

Which one did you mean?
Old 29-12-2021, 04:37 PM
Block U

Happy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is here
^

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by Happy Arthur; 29-12-2021 at 04:40 PM.
Old 29-12-2021, 04:42 PM
Since '67

ozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Arthur View Post

Ahh Here Comes the Sun... Yes a great song. Within the band, there was a unique once of kind chemistry though and despite Georges creativity, he seemed to not actually fit into that chemistry, which obviously frustrated him to the point of petulance and eventually a self-deprecating manner. I'm personally surprised how well that chemistry between Paul and John came through in this doco... never realised two musicians could be that chemically entwined.... actually 3 of them if you count Billy Preston as well. George just seemed at odds to me.

I guess we could debate this kind of view from the doco forever... just my own outcome from it.... but it did change my mind... which is why I personally think it's worth watching.
Old 05-01-2022, 03:38 PM

Sleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is here
Making my way through “Get Back” at the minute. It’s just amazing how, given the general joy surrounding the whole thing (but some downers, sure) , that two of the regular cast were shot dead. Also the part I watched yesterday had Denis O’Dell in it. I proceeded to look him up, only to find that he’d died like, 5 days ago. Sad but great innings.