Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 09-01-2012, 03:27 PM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
I have had a quick look on the Internet and people do seem to be able to pair the iPhone 4s with jawbone. I honestly don't want to seem rude, but are you sure you have been doing it properly? Here's a tutorial:

Also, To view the link you have to Register or Login is a post from someone who may have had the same problem as you - who seems to have sorted it.

If your 4s isn't recognising ANY blue-tooth devices, then obviously there would seem to be something wrong with your iPhone.

Good luck!
Old 09-01-2012, 03:29 PM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
James, I have tried it all - and properly. In the Apple shop, it wouldn't pair with any Apple device and two of their employees tried it too with their phones and it didn't work!

Having used it for a year or so with my 3Gs, I do know how it works

Rude mod.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:30 PM

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolinkins
James, I have tried it all - and properly. In the Apple shop, it wouldn't pair with any Apple device and two of their employees tried it too with their phones and it didn't work!

Having used it for a year or so with my 3Gs, I do know how it works

Rude mod.
Sorry - but I did apologise in advance in case I was patronising you.

Did you look at To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 09-01-2012, 03:31 PM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
I forgive you grandpa.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:32 PM

Did you look at To view the link you have to Register or Login sonny?
Old 09-01-2012, 03:33 PM

Yes you put it in the first post - getting forgetful?
Old 09-01-2012, 03:34 PM

To To view the link you have to Register or Login perform the steps listed below:

1. Turn off the Bluetooth on your phone.
2. Delete any existing Bluetooth profile for the Jawbone from your phone.
3. Press the Reset Button on the Jawbone for three seconds by inserting the metal end of the earloop in the Reset hole (the center charging slot on the tip of the Noise Shield Button).
4. Re-pair the Jawbone with your phone according to the instructions in your Jawbone User’s Guide. You may download the User’s Guide from our website at To view the link you have to Register or Login.

Have you done all that?

if not, and it works, will you aplogise to me?
Old 09-01-2012, 04:01 PM

I take it that it worked then?
Old 09-01-2012, 04:03 PM

No James, it didn't - I tried it yesterday.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:06 PM

Oh ****.

Try it again.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:07 PM
Official Sponsor - oh :(

Barbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is here
What on earth is Jawbone (apart from the obvious bone in your jaw)?
Old 09-01-2012, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara4003
What on earth is Jawbone (apart from the obvious bone in your jaw)?
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 09-01-2012, 04:27 PM
Official Sponsor - oh :(

Barbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolinkins
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Oh.

Thanks.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:19 PM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
I have the 4S on Orange. Must admit I'm disappointed with the 3G Coverage. Heard from everyone that it was excellent but seems to be worse than O2 !! I don't suppose there's a setting I'm missing by any chance is there that's making it sub optimal (I have 3G and x number of bars but no internet)
Old 13-01-2012, 07:43 AM

montstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglejez
I have the 4S on Orange. Must admit I'm disappointed with the 3G Coverage. Heard from everyone that it was excellent but seems to be worse than O2 !! I don't suppose there's a setting I'm missing by any chance is there that's making it sub optimal (I have 3G and x number of bars but no internet)
Are you new to the iPhone? How many internet using apps do you have in 'stasis' double click the home button to reveal these they list from left to right in order of use so close all you dont need open from the right hand side by holding one for a second or two til they wobble and then tapping the x.

you should turn your phone off every now and then too

hth

Steve Jobs
Old 25-01-2012, 09:30 AM
Exploring....

Neil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
A quick question.

I have recently downgraded my contract to a bare minimum - I think I get 100 minutes and 100 texts (which is more than enough). I do most of my browsing, data stuff at home and my Wifi picks that up.

I want to completely prevent any 'accidental' data access while I'm out and about. Bar not accessing Safari/etc, are there any settings I can change that will lock all that out except when I'm at home?
Old 25-01-2012, 10:59 AM

Settings - General - Network and switch Mobile Data off.]

Every time you go out.
Old 25-01-2012, 11:01 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
madness
Old 25-01-2012, 11:02 AM
Master of Disaster

Scrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is here
You can leave "mobile data" switched off permanently and still be able access wifi.
Old 25-01-2012, 12:01 PM
Exploring....

Neil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
madness
Why? I'm trying to save money.