Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 02-01-2017, 11:42 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Ron Noades interview - 2005

Finally got round to uploading onto You Tube, Ron Noades 2005 hour long interview with 'Palace Radio'. It's a great interview and account detailing Ron's perspective on his tenure as chairman at our club from start to finish.

Couldn't find it online anymore, so dug out an MP3 version i'd downloaded and added a few pics to go alongside the interview.

Part 1

Part 2

Supporting Katerina https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-..._co_campmgmt_m
Old 02-01-2017, 11:45 PM

CPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Nice one, thanks.
Old 03-01-2017, 01:22 AM

EmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Thanks. Really good listen that.
Old 03-01-2017, 01:41 AM

Night Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Interesting that he talks about developing infrastructure to grow the Club and its fan base. Many similar views to Steve P.
Old 03-01-2017, 07:13 AM
It's lit bruh!

Asagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Enjoyed that - thanks.
Old 03-01-2017, 07:23 AM
A Bit Ranty Today!

Scroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Palace Radio's Jerry Clark with the questions. One day I'll get some Palace Radio archives up online, every show had to be recorded. You can relive some of the old post match phone-ins: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 03-01-2017, 07:37 AM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Eagle View Post
Interesting that he talks about developing infrastructure to grow the Club and its fan base. .
And then turns Streete Court into a golf course......

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:27 AM

jhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is here
One of the easiest interviews I did for Palace Radio, and probably one of the most enjoyable. It was recorded at Streete Court as part of the club centenary celebrations.

Ron divided opinion amongst Palace fans that's for sure, but you are unlikely to find much criticism from those who knew him well.
From my point of view, I found him to be a very warm & generous man with his time, and very passionate about our club.

Although the interview was a little over an hour, when the mic was switched off, we sat there and spoke for another hour about Palace, players & managers. He was very revealing and told me a number of things 'off the record' which I won't repeat here, but which helped to understand some of the decisions he made during his time running the club.

I warmed to him and feel he was a much misunderstood Palace Chairman.
Old 03-01-2017, 09:42 AM
Aching Arms

LONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhc View Post
One of the easiest interviews I did for Palace Radio, and probably one of the most enjoyable. It was recorded at Streete Court as part of the club centenary celebrations.

Ron divided opinion amongst Palace fans that's for sure, but you are unlikely to find much criticism from those who knew him well.
From my point of view, I found him to be a very warm & generous man with his time, and very passionate about our club.

Although the interview was a little over an hour, when the mic was switched off, we sat there and spoke for another hour about Palace, players & managers. He was very revealing and told me a number of things 'off the record' which I won't repeat here, but which helped to understand some of the decisions he made during his time running the club.

I warmed to him and feel he was a much misunderstood Palace Chairman.
Many thanks to both Jerry for a fairly comprehensive interview and also bubbs for making it easily available for us to listen too on this thread.

I will always remain a passionately Anti-Noades Palace supporter (I meet him several times between 1981 and the year of that interview in 2005, had written correspondence with him - as did many other Palace fans I know) - he was always frank and forthright, but ultimately I found his motives to be very self centred - you notice he kept saying 'We' in the interview - when it becomes perfectly clear by the end of your interview that the 'We'refers to him and Novello his wife, who ultimately made a huge family fortune out of the various property deals that involved land secured for themselves on the back of his ownership including the Golf Clubs, one if which I believe you were interviewing him at.

He touched on the 'double ownership' of both Palace and Wimbledon FC in 1981 - which the Football had an Extraoridinary General Meeting in January 1981 to prevent continuing - he also tried to merge Palace and Wimbledon again in 1987 by way of a Members Vote at both clubs which was heavily rejected - I'm afraid that is hugely damning indictment of his motives - which I will always remain convinced were for his own wealth rather than the long term benefit of either Palace or Wimbledon - he also owned Milton Keynes City FC (who have since folded, but were long established before the current club in MK - because he wanted to move Wimbledon there as far back as 1979 - when his plans failed - he moved his attention to the merger of WFC and Palace instead.

I did develop a grudging respect for his tenacity and resolve in building Palace in the business model that he did - but he totally screwed up his long term plans by his actions in his first four seasons at Palace - hiring and firing Allison, Gradi, Kember and ultimately Mullery - which he had the decency to admit were all mistakes - but still seemed oblivious to the huge damage he had done to the Palace fanbase in this time - when pondering why we had such poor support in our 'halcyon' days of the early 1990's - quite patently because he had alienated so many long term fans from his actions between 1981-1984!

The interview, for me, is a litany of 'what if's' and 'if only's - what if Allison had stayed - what if he did get Basset instead - by the way - I was at Palace's first ever 'Open Day' in 1982 - one event from Noadesies time that was quite welcome (!) - where the question was asked of Mullery - why don't you sign Dave Beasant and Alan Cork from Wimbledon - to which he replied 'We don't need fourth division players from Wimbledon!' - older fans will know how that little moment played out over the following six years!

The details that came out about Mullery, Coppell, Alan Smith, Goldberg, Wright, Bright, Armstrong, Lombardo - fascinating and sometimes quite upsetting in equal measure - I would suggest his motives in selling to Goldberg - who seemed to be woefully out of his depth from day one - show you Noades was only really bothered about looking after 'we' than CPFC.

Visit http://achingarms.co.uk/
Old 03-01-2017, 01:38 PM
GT

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
never heard that before, but a really good listen, well done Jerry.
Old 07-01-2017, 06:14 PM

99percent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine99percent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine99percent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine99percent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine99percent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine99percent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine99percent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine99percent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine99percent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine99percent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine99percent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Brilliant stuff��✊��
Old 16-02-2017, 05:02 AM

BuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Listened to this lastnight. Randomly was sat next to the whole Noades family at the Cup final last May. What struck me was they're all just as passionate about the club as us.

Some good points in the IV but did Noades talk off camera about the list of players we had targeted to replace Wright and we ended up choosing Gabbiadini? We seemed to lose our way in the transfer market then after big success in the 80s.

Messrs Sinnott / Patterson / Mortimer etc spring to mind..
Old 16-02-2017, 05:18 PM
Vikings No 6

Big Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is here
Noades said in the interview that Wright begged to go to Arsenal. Didn't Wright say on the centenary DVD that Noades came in one day and told him he was selling him to Arsenal and it came to him as a surprise?

Last edited by Big Gav; 16-02-2017 at 05:28 PM.
Old 16-02-2017, 05:19 PM
Licking balls

bradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Gav View Post
Noades said in the interview that Wright begged to go to Arsenal. Didn't Wright say on the centenary DVD that Noades came in one day and told him he was selling him to Arsenal and it came to him as surprise?
I would lean more towards Ron's version of event!
Old 16-02-2017, 06:04 PM
Vikings No 6

Big Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is here
I would as well
Old 16-02-2017, 06:55 PM
GT

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
I would as well
I know Noades was livid with the producers of "Do The Wright thing" documentary where Rocky Rocastle kept stating how he wanted Wrighty at Arsenal, and needless to say 6 months later he was off.
Coppell even in the season review stated Wright actively craved to play in bigger crowds and he'd almost outgrown us.
For all the love I had for Wrighty as a kid, he is very calculated when it comes to putting his own spin on various events.
Old 16-02-2017, 07:06 PM

Louis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is here
Quote:
Didn't Wright say on the centenary DVD that Noades came in one day and told him he was selling him to Arsenal and it came to him as a surprise?
I heard Wright say that on the radio recently
Old 12-10-2021, 07:29 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Going through some old programmes from April 82, and found this quite forthright but interesting letter from Noades to the fans. Totally forgot about it. Never minced his words our Ron, did he.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Supporting Katerina https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-..._co_campmgmt_m
Old 12-10-2021, 09:31 PM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
And then turns Streete Court into a golf course......
Indeed!

Uncle Ron was not the benign Palace steward that has been painted.

We're in a much better place without him and so are Brentford.
Old 12-10-2021, 11:02 PM
Genius

joyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I do feel sorry for him as it can't have been easy growing up with your mother turning tricks