Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 03-08-2021, 05:50 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
I guess it's to do with the unusually high turnover of players at Palace this summer. Panini had to have the expiry of contracts at the back of their mind when choosing which players to feature

Alan Jenkins' blog says today :

"The Crystal Palace base cards are missing four cards. I thought Panini hadn't decided on the last four players by the time the checklist was printed and the cards would still be included in the collection. But that doesn't seem to be the case. The cards are numbered from 1 to 468, but the list of card types and ratios state that there are 464 cards in the collection, not counting Limited Edition cards. We'll probably have to wait for the Update set to find out which players will feature on cards numbered 131, 132, 133 and 134."

I guess for now we'll have to file it under "TBC" a bit like the home shirt, away season ticket and programme voucher booklet - all a bit half arsed at the moment!!!
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013

Last edited by Dorking .Eagle; 03-08-2021 at 07:50 AM.
Old 03-08-2021, 02:02 PM
still looking

JOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
I guess it's to do with the unusually high turnover of players at Palace this summer. Panini had to have the expiry of contracts at the back of their mind when choosing which players to feature

Alan Jenkins' blog says today :

"The Crystal Palace base cards are missing four cards. I thought Panini hadn't decided on the last four players by the time the checklist was printed and the cards would still be included in the collection. But that doesn't seem to be the case. The cards are numbered from 1 to 468, but the list of card types and ratios state that there are 464 cards in the collection, not counting Limited Edition cards. We'll probably have to wait for the Update set to find out which players will feature on cards numbered 131, 132, 133 and 134."

I guess for now we'll have to file it under "TBC" a bit like the home shirt, away season ticket and programme voucher booklet - all a bit half arsed at the moment!!!
Thats were i copy/pasted the list's from and quotes ( Alan Jenkins), great web-site for card/sticker info
Old 05-08-2021, 05:39 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Having seen an image of the Eze LE card, I wonder if all the Adrenalyn cards are going to be players in the yellow away kit? Because of the timescales involved, the cards had to be produced before the home kit was made known!
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 08-08-2021, 11:27 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Any idea of the likely rarity of the Eze card "genuine autograph" - (not the printed autograph)? - apparently it comes via some sort of multipack.

I know in a recent series there was an Eze auto card that was /500 (yet is still selling on ebay for £££ , but wondered the likely sort of numbers this was issued in and what sort of value it would command?

Old 09-08-2021, 12:40 PM
Collecting Palace tat

I can confirm all of the Adrenalyn 21/22 cards feature the players in their YELLOW away kits! Which I think is quite unprecendented in a card/sticker collection (for Palace)

Old 09-08-2021, 04:18 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
I can confirm all of the Adrenalyn 21/22 cards feature the players in their YELLOW away kits! Which I think is quite unprecendented in a card/sticker collection (for Palace)
Absolutely nothing to do with the home kit being released so late, purely coincidental I would say
Old 09-08-2021, 07:15 PM
Collecting Palace tat

in the past there have been photoshopped cards of new signings who had never even played for us when featured on a card, but even Panini can't conjure up players in home kits when those home kits were not released when the cards went to print!

Old 12-08-2021, 06:45 PM
still looking

JOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Regarding the Panini Adrenalyn xl cards, other than the signed Eze card, have all.

Very in pressed with the Eze Diamond card
Old 12-08-2021, 06:57 PM
Collecting Palace tat

I agree, the Diamond card is definitely the best 'effect' and better than anything in the Revolution collection for example.

They should have used that Diamond special effect on the LE cards!

Old 12-08-2021, 07:05 PM
still looking

Quote:
I agree, the Diamond card is definitely the best 'effect' and better than anything in the Revolution collection for example.

They should have used that Diamond special effect on the LE cards!
Revolution cards seem to be only dripping through on ebay,
Old 12-08-2021, 07:11 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Revolution cards are largely just more shiny 'prizm' cards to be honest

Old 17-08-2021, 05:41 AM
Collecting Palace tat

The signed Eze cards from 'last seasons' collections are still consistently going for daft money (well more than I am willing to pay) - no sign of the prices coming down!

Part of me wonders if all these Eze cards are getting shill bidded up by the sellers in the hope that desperate collectors will then pay the actual high prices they are inflating the auctions to? I can't believe Palace and Eze have vast followings of loyal collectors in the US and Asian markets! He's a great player for us, but he ain't Messi or Ronaldo!

Old 13-10-2021, 11:17 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Scanned through the checklist for the Adrenalyn 'Road to the 2022 World Cup' cards, and cannot see ANY Palace players featured this time around, which is unusual. I suppose with the departure of Hennessey and Benteke finally dropping down the Belgium pecking order, we aren't such an international force any more!

Any new Premier League collections on the horizon?

Old 16-10-2021, 03:04 AM
Probationary User

rojosal sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkrojosal sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkrojosal sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkrojosal sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkrojosal sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkrojosal sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkrojosal sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkrojosal sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkrojosal sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkrojosal sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkrojosal sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
The 13 man squad that travelled on that first tour was: Johnson, goal; Collyer and Walker, backs; Innerd, Ryan, and Brearley, half-backs; Woodger, Swann, Needham, Bauchop, Roberts, Lewis, and Garrett, forwards.

Last edited by rojosal; 16-10-2021 at 03:07 AM.