Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 11-01-2022, 11:09 PM

SelsEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelsEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelsEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelsEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelsEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelsEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelsEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelsEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelsEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelsEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelsEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Fabrizio says he’s going to Getafe on loan.
Old 11-01-2022, 11:56 PM

Ticehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTicehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTicehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTicehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTicehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTicehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTicehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTicehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTicehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTicehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTicehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Good because he isn't very good. Another bullet dodged. Just went on the deluded nufc website they seen quite pleased with wood cor the let down they thought they were gonna sign the likes of some of Europe's big boys. Might do in the future, the best one says he's like a poor man's shearer.. Lol..
Old 11-01-2022, 11:58 PM

Ticehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTicehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTicehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTicehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTicehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTicehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTicehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTicehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTicehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTicehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTicehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Think makes eduarde at around 14 Mill lok great bit of buisness. Another five goals or so from him and I will be pleased his general all round play has impressed me. Good player..
Old 12-01-2022, 10:31 AM

BillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticehurst View Post
Think makes eduarde at around 14 Mill lok great bit of buisness. Another five goals or so from him and I will be pleased his general all round play has impressed me. Good player..
I agree our Edouard deal is looking decent but its important to take into account wages. Edouard had a year left on his contract so we got a reduced fee but then it is reported we gave him a 5 year contract on somewhere between 70k and 80k a week. That levels of wages probably wouldn't have been available to him if he had 2 or 3 years left on his contract but then we would have likely been looking at a fee of 20m to 25m. Swings and roundabouts.

I think a good way of looking at cost is how it is accounted in the financials. Transfer fee divided by years of contract plus 1 year wage. So in Edouard's example fee is 14m rising to 18m, so lets call it 16m. 16m divide by 5 is 3.2m. Then wages of 75k over a year is 3.9m so thats annual cost of 7.1m. If we were to make Mateta permanent on say a four year contract the transfer fee is apparently 13m and he is reported to be on about 50k a week. So annual cost would be around 5.8m. Then if we look at Benteke when we originally bought him he cost 28m, 4 year contract, 110k a week. So that brings out an annual cost of 12.7m. However, Benteke situation now would see the vast majority of amortisation no longer associated with his contract, so if we believe the reports that his contract renewal is around 5m a year then his account cost at this point is probably more like 7m per year. So we have per year:

Benteke (Original) - 12.7m
Edouard - 7.1m
Benteke (new renewal) - 7m
Mateta (if bought) - 5.8m

I think its useful to think in this way when analysing costs of deals as its easy just to fixate on transfer fees. We can see for example from this that Mateta is 20% cheaper than Edouard despite having a similar transfer fee. I would argue Edouard is definitely proving value here. Also we can see that renewing Benteke wasn't necessarily a no brainer even though there wasn't a transfer fee as he is on his big wages. The accounting cost is very similar to that of Edouard as he is younger and we spread the cost over a number of years. We could have potentially done another Edouard type deal, rather than renew Benteke if we felt there was a good opportunity and the owners could cover the cash flow.
Old 14-01-2022, 07:33 AM

ozzie eagle is the cheese to my macaroniozzie eagle is the cheese to my macaroniozzie eagle is the cheese to my macaroniozzie eagle is the cheese to my macaroniozzie eagle is the cheese to my macaroniozzie eagle is the cheese to my macaroniozzie eagle is the cheese to my macaroniozzie eagle is the cheese to my macaroniozzie eagle is the cheese to my macaroniozzie eagle is the cheese to my macaroniozzie eagle is the cheese to my macaroni
With Woods at $25m our strikers look like bargains ����