Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 21-09-2020, 11:55 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
I like Hendrix, but so many times I listen to stuff and think "OK Jimi, let's move on now".
your lobotomy went well then?

SaulAlinsky
Old 21-09-2020, 12:54 PM
Old skool BBSer

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
your lobotomy went well then?

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 22-09-2020, 04:26 PM
Pass me the Vongole

Don-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The fragile beauty of Little Wing gets me every time. Essentially Jimi was a bluesman, with electric guitar
Old 23-09-2020, 06:04 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login

SaulAlinsky
Old 23-09-2020, 06:12 PM

I think that must be a young ME screen left at 3.23

SaulAlinsky
Old 29-10-2020, 05:25 PM

Dave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Saw him twice in the late sixties in tooting. The second time was on the day Brian Epstein ( his manager) died. I saw the first show; the second was cancelled. Support was the crazy world of Arthur brown. Mad!
Old 29-10-2020, 05:29 PM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
He bought my wife (before she was) a drink in a pub in West Croydon.
Old 29-10-2020, 05:59 PM
Troublemaker

EdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave McGregor View Post
Saw him twice in the late sixties in tooting. The second time was on the day Brian Epstein ( his manager) died. I saw the first show; the second was cancelled. Support was the crazy world of Arthur brown. Mad!

That was at the bingo place right?
Old 29-10-2020, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Brian wasn't Jimi's Manager that was Mike Jeffery. Brian owned the Saville theatre were Jimi played a few times.

SaulAlinsky
Old 29-10-2020, 06:22 PM

French Eagle Sam the man is hereFrench Eagle Sam the man is hereFrench Eagle Sam the man is hereFrench Eagle Sam the man is hereFrench Eagle Sam the man is hereFrench Eagle Sam the man is hereFrench Eagle Sam the man is hereFrench Eagle Sam the man is hereFrench Eagle Sam the man is hereFrench Eagle Sam the man is hereFrench Eagle Sam the man is here
Brilliant guitarist influenced so many. Sadly I never saw him. Joe Satriani is now the one to see.To view the link you have to Register or Login
#46 Allez Vale
Old 29-10-2020, 07:43 PM
Old skool BBSer

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post

I think that must be a young ME screen left at 3.23
You seem to have missed when I said this...

Quote:
I like Hendrix, but so many times I listen to stuff and think "OK Jimi, let's move on now".

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 29-10-2020, 07:54 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Looking at another thread on the death earlier this year of Phil May, one of the founders of the Pretty Things, I found a live concert they did of their classic album S.F. Sorrow at Abbey Road.

Arthur Brown was the narrator. The guy is 78 and touring next year.

Regarding Jimi, I recall a guy at school lending me Jimi's Are You Experienced album and the Beatles Sgt Pepper. I played them on my granddad's record player (we lived in the same house) one hot sunny afternoon. Played the Beatles first which was amazing and then Jimi. That was just another dimension and blew everything else away that I had heard up to then. Certainly one of the greatest debut albums ever.

3 years later I had just started work and saw the headline on an evening papers board that he was dead.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 29-10-2020, 08:29 PM
Dub

SJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is here
Best there ever was, ever is and ever will be
Old 29-10-2020, 08:53 PM

Quote:
You seem to have missed when I said this...
Thanks for proving it WAS you

SaulAlinsky
Old 29-10-2020, 10:39 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ'sLoveMonkey View Post
Best there ever was, ever is and ever will be
I agree. Nobody played the guitar like Hendrix, especially at the time. I think he didn't like his voice much, was a bit reluctant to sing.

Last edited by Sick Bucket; 29-10-2020 at 10:42 PM.
Old 29-10-2020, 10:45 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Always loved this

Last edited by Sick Bucket; 30-10-2020 at 08:12 AM.
Old 29-10-2020, 11:18 PM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Absolute class

Old 30-10-2020, 08:16 AM

I dunno I was trying to post the video of him playing hear my train commin' on a 12 string acoustic but somehow it's Johnny B. Goode. Whatever.
Old 30-10-2020, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post
I agree. Nobody played the guitar like Hendrix, especially at the time. I think he didn't like his voice much, was a bit reluctant to sing.
but actually wasn't that bad at singing/vocals either.

SaulAlinsky
Old 30-10-2020, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post
Always loved this

This?

SaulAlinsky