Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 24-10-1999, 01:41 PM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
mpg goals

This topic follows on from a few other threads here. A year or so ago, Tony Dudley and I prepared a number of mpg clips showing historic mpg goals. The goals from the 1979 Burnely game for example are still available for download - you can find the links in the 'Treasured Vids' thread.

Obviously I don't have a clip of every famous goal, but I have quite a few. If you have any specific requests (not including Cannon's goals V Ipswich please), post them here, and I'll see what I can do.

James
Old 25-10-1999, 12:29 AM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
As he was one of my best players could you show me Bradbury's Goal against Wolves in that rather physical match last month.
Thanks James

------------------
Jesus saves at Allders !
Devil worship at Debenhams !

Old 27-10-1999, 05:51 PM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This may be too far back James, but I remember Steve Perrin scored an absolute screamer after a nifty spot of ball juggling away at Stoke (1977/8?).

The goal was on the Big Match's golden goals at the end of the season, but only finished fifth out of six (Chatterton's against Millwall was sixth) despite being by far the best goal of the crop.

Also on the great save thread the Nigel Martin save v Hudds'field 95? was mentioned. I know it didn't make the end of season video, but I know it was shown on Endsleigh League Extra. Do you/anyone out there still have that kicking about?
Old 27-10-1999, 07:33 PM

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
I do have a few 1970 tapes (including the 5-0 against Manchester United), but alas not the game in question. I have read all the messages about this incredible save, but I have never seen it.

Perhaps it would make more sense for me to provide a List of the goals that I DO have and you could tell me which ones you would like to see as mpg clips!

James
Old 27-10-1999, 07:51 PM

ammiller is just too good for youammiller is just too good for youammiller is just too good for youammiller is just too good for youammiller is just too good for youammiller is just too good for youammiller is just too good for youammiller is just too good for youammiller is just too good for youammiller is just too good for youammiller is just too good for you
James,

That is a great idea...

Although I have the feeling my requests will border on the greedy!

Aidan

Old 29-10-1999, 08:51 PM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
James, Heres a list my brother sent me. See what you can do for thease!! Its a long list!!

SEE IF YOU CAN SEND THESE GOALSLACKBURN PLAY-OFF 1989, JOHN SALAKO V
FOREST (A) 1991, ANY GOALS V CLOWNTOWN, SHITWALL AND THE PLANE CRASH
VICTIMS, RICKY NEWMAN V COVENTRY (A) 1994,ALL GOALS IN THE F.A. CUP
RUN OF 1990, IAN WRIGHT V WIMBLEDON (A) 1991, EDDIE MCGOLDRICK V QPR
(A) 1992 OR 93 (IT WAS A TOP STRIKE YOU'LL KNOW IT WHEN YOU SEE IT),
GARETH SOUTHGATE V POMPEY (H) 1994, CLIVE ALLENS GOAL THAT WAS NEVER
GIVEN, ANY GOALS BY VINCE HILLAIR AND IAN WRIGHTS GOAL V VILLA (A)
1991 ? (YOUR IN IT), GORDON PETRIC V SHEFF UTD (A) 1999.

t you can do please!!
Old 08-11-1999, 05:03 PM

ammiller is just too good for youammiller is just too good for youammiller is just too good for youammiller is just too good for youammiller is just too good for youammiller is just too good for youammiller is just too good for youammiller is just too good for youammiller is just too good for youammiller is just too good for youammiller is just too good for you
James,

Do you have the goals against Liverpool in the 3-2 defeat 3rd round replay circa january 1977?

The first was a screamer from Doris and the second was a last minute consolation by shamed bung-taker George Graham...

What I am really trying to say is can you tell us what goals you do have? Please....

Aidan

------------------

Old 09-11-1999, 03:49 AM

johnny belongs to Olliejohnny belongs to Olliejohnny belongs to Olliejohnny belongs to Olliejohnny belongs to Olliejohnny belongs to Olliejohnny belongs to Olliejohnny belongs to Olliejohnny belongs to Olliejohnny belongs to Olliejohnny belongs to Ollie
I remember that Paul Hinshelwood goal against Liverpool,it was brilliant,and it was a great game that i'll never forget.I'd personally love to see some goals from the early 70's-John Hughes and John Macormick both hit thunderbolts against Sheffield United in '71,Roger Hoy against Chelsea in 1970,John Craven against Arsenal in '72/73 (when we eventually lost to a penalty that didn't cross the line),and John Sewell's very dodgy penalty against Man U in '69/70.I remember all these games were televised,but i haven't seen these goals since then.I'd love it if one day we could raid the TV archives and get a copy of every Palace goal ever filmed,and stick them on video.But, through a friend of mine who used to work at the BBC archives in West London,i know for a fact that many "Match of the day" tapes have been erased and recorded over or got rid of to save space (!) which is sad really.I think it's a similar story at ITV.------------------

[This message has been edited by johnny (edited 08 November 1999).]
Old 10-11-1999, 01:59 PM

Sorry for the delay in dealing with this.

I have already prepared a couple of dozen goals from historic games, and Tony Dudley has these tucked away somewhere on his Web Space. Tony has promised to spend some time soon hunting them down, and send me the urls. As soon as I know where they are, I'll post the addresses here. Keep watching.

James

------------------

Old 27-04-2021, 12:09 PM

eltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Sorry for the delay in dealing with this.

I have already prepared a couple of dozen goals from historic games, and Tony Dudley has these tucked away somewhere on his Web Space. Tony has promised to spend some time soon hunting them down, and send me the urls. As soon as I know where they are, I'll post the addresses here. Keep watching.

James

------------------
Hi James,

Any news on this?

Thanks,
Aidan
Old 27-04-2021, 12:25 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
A thread bump after over 21 years since the previous post, must be a BBS record. Would love to see these clips though.
Old 27-04-2021, 12:39 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
James procrastinating again, pull your finger out mate?
Old 27-04-2021, 12:42 PM
COYP!

in-exile has disabled reputation
I normally get about 46 mpg my goal would be to get over 60 mpg on a long M way run.
Hey how about the club could invent a little plastic card that you could have in your wallet to access games and maybe it could even come in a little wallet of its own, now that would be really convenient .... just a thought !
Old 27-04-2021, 12:53 PM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
I was behind the goal when Perrin scored at Stoke.

It seemed to fall and then rise into the net.
Old 18-08-2021, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post
James procrastinating again, pull your finger out mate?
**** me - give me a chance mate. It's only been 22 years. It's next on my list.
Old 18-08-2021, 02:07 PM

EaglesSnapBack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesSnapBack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesSnapBack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesSnapBack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesSnapBack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesSnapBack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesSnapBack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesSnapBack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesSnapBack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesSnapBack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesSnapBack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I thought this was a thread about economical driving targets
Old 19-08-2021, 08:58 AM
Back writing about Palace

Grim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaglesSnapBack View Post
I thought this was a thread about economical driving targets
So did I. And given I sell a product that improves MPG's by a minimum of 8% for HGV's I was thinking I'd have a whole pool of Palace fans eager to have an extra £50000 on their company bottom lines!

Damn, back to the cold calls it is then!!
Old 19-08-2021, 08:59 AM
Back writing about Palace

Grim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil the Eagle View Post
Also on the great save thread the Nigel Martin save v Hudds'field 95? was mentioned. I know it didn't make the end of season video, but I know it was shown on Endsleigh League Extra. Do you/anyone out there still have that kicking about?
Greatest save in the history of humanity. Please tell me there is a copy of it somewhere!!
Old 20-08-2021, 01:37 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
Greatest save in the history of humanity. Please tell me there is a copy of it somewhere!!
Ditto. I want to see if it really was as good as I remember.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 20-08-2021, 01:58 PM
Eagles

NRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Only ever saw that incredible save live never on any highlights.

I'd love to see it again because I rate it as second greatest save behind nigels against Duncan Ferguson at selhurst. Need to see if I'm correct in doing that.

Note: sorry jules for overlooking so many best ever saves you also pulled off