Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 15-04-2021, 07:33 PM

Johnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is here
The only export boom is British companies relocating to Europe

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 15-04-2021, 07:48 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybegood View Post
The only export boom is British companies relocating to Europe

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Defiantly a Brexit win

It makes perfect sense, but if you are a small business like a sole trader, you are basically fecked
Old 16-04-2021, 06:09 AM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle-Eyes View Post
Utter crap. We are still here, sitting back and laughing at you remainers.
A typical non answer.

Wide open, from the crotch to the knee.

Its got a bit of Labrador shit in it too.
Old 16-04-2021, 06:36 AM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle-Eyes View Post
Utter crap. We are still here, sitting back and laughing at you remainers.
Yes, but its a nervous, apprehensive and slightly mad in denial laugh now.
Old 16-04-2021, 10:35 AM
In a nutshell

Percy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is here
Serious question. Should "Remainers" now be referred to as "Rejoiners" ?

I also recently read an article that a poll suggested that should we have another referendum the majority who responded said they would vote not to 're join the EU. Although the figures were close something like 49% to stay out 43% to re join with 8% undecided which was interesting.

Therefore should we have a new referendum and if so how would you vote ?

"Why go to learn the words of fools?" Steve Marriott/Ronnie Lane
Old 16-04-2021, 10:41 AM

Robin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Dalton View Post

I also recently read an article that a poll suggested that should we have another referendum the majority who responded said they would vote not to 're join the EU. Although the figures were close something like 49% to stay out 43% to re join with 8% undecided which was interesting.

Presupposes that the EU would have us back which is doubtful and the price they would demand (e.g. joining the Euro) would be untenable.
Old 16-04-2021, 10:46 AM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:

I'm not a rejoiner. I was a remainer.

I'd vote to rejoin in a flash. But I really don't want a new referendum. I lost. I got over it.
Old 16-04-2021, 10:48 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

I'll bite. As a remain voter I would actually be very reluctant to have a referendum again for a number of reasons.

Firstly, the pain, angst, division and creation of open wounds by the last process will continue and never heal because the divide is so wide. Just continuing to pick at the scab will create more infection.

Secondly, if we were to vote to rejoin, the terms would be so far away from what we left on that they would become unacceptable - joining the Euro, lack of veto and lower rebates come immediately to mind.

Thirdly, the EU itself, while still a worthy venture, has huge internal issues that seem to be getting worse, such as popularism in Eastern Europe (and other traditionally liberal countries like Denmark).

Given that we have now left, there seems little point in going through it all again until we see what the EU itself is going to become in the next decade and a far better solution is to get someone competent and intelligent (eg not Lord Frost) to reenter negotiations to improve the treaty we have in so many areas where it has been shaped by blind dogma at the expense of economic and social reality.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 16-04-2021, 10:48 AM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
There won't be another referendum for ten or fifteen years at least - what you'll get, presumably, is govt stepping back from "hard Brexit" in the search for a reasonable trading relationship and less damage to the economy. Eventually a govt will be elected because it offers a closer relationship to the EU, and the question will arise again.
Old 16-04-2021, 12:02 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:

It’s a non-question that would only talk to people who really have no idea what they’ve lost.
The UKs bridges are most definitely burnt on this option.
Old 16-04-2021, 12:06 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:

Yeah, maybe....Rejoicers vs Rejoiners has a ring to it
Old 16-04-2021, 01:03 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Which article was this?

It certainly wasn't quoting the latest YouGov/Eurotrack Survey Results.
Old 16-04-2021, 01:24 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
Which article was this?

There's a surprise
Old 16-04-2021, 02:43 PM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Leave it 2 years and there will be a big majority for rejoining.
Old 16-04-2021, 02:52 PM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:

I am curious as to why you are asking this question?

Did you do your back picking them potatoes /daffodil's?
Old 16-04-2021, 02:54 PM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgetail View Post
Leave it 2 years and there will be a big majority for rejoining.
Most of the fishermen/farmers would have gone bankrupt by then and may change their minds to vote to rejoin.
Old 16-04-2021, 02:55 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:

Everything depends on when that poll was taken (for instance, before or after the vaccine debacle).

Without more information, the poll is irrelevant.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 16-04-2021, 02:57 PM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
Which article was this?

'Trolling Times' I think
Old 16-04-2021, 04:02 PM

Maiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
What exactly is there to laugh about?
Come on, list the benefits of Brexit.
Considering he has posted 68 times in 17 years, I would say that's unlikely.

Perhaps we can wait until August, for his quarterly response ?
Old 16-04-2021, 04:13 PM

sherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
What exactly is there to laugh about?
Come on, list the benefits of Brexit.
It has created a fairly high-scoring word in Scrabble. Beyond that, pass.