Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 03-05-2021, 09:02 AM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
The vaccination program has nothing to do with brexit. Last time there was a pandemic and we were in the Eu the uk purchased vaccines alone and not as part of the Eu effort. It was allowed Under Eu rules then and it was allowed this time under Eu rules (we hadnít left yet) as well.

I have posted this a few times but in short during our EU membership 100% of the time the uk went it alone with vaccines in pandemic situations each time within Eu rules.
Bloody hell HPalace and IOW posting the same thing on the same side

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 03-05-2021, 09:05 AM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post
Dadís army can be like stopped clocks
Old 03-05-2021, 09:07 AM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Dadís army can be like stopped clocks
Must spread etc

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 03-05-2021, 09:11 AM
In a nutshell

Percy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post
We were in EU when the vaccination programme etc was agreed if I remember correctly.

A lot of truth has been stretched by the brexshitters here and looks like their spin is winning
No we had left and despite many influential remainers imploring the government to join the pan EU scheme the UK government stuck firm and went ahead with the plan to go it alone. Thankfully we took the correct path.

However while we should be grateful to the people who made the plan work this is not a subject to boast about many citizens in the EU may have died from Covid due to the lack of vaccinations. The EU politicians who have lied about the AZ vaccine and have tried to weaponise the whole vaccination mess made by Brussels do deserve contempt.

"Why go to learn the words of fools?" Steve Marriott/Ronnie Lane
Old 03-05-2021, 09:14 AM
In a nutshell

Percy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post
It is a standing joke. Percy has been bull shitting that he and his family have been helping the farmers in picking potatoes and other veg when they were unable to recruit workers from Eastern Europe.
Well last autumn we did harvest lots of fruit & veg as it happens despite your doubting. Best experience picking apples in a new forest orchard.

As an aside 5.4 million EU citizens have now applied to remain in the UK via the settlement scheme, glad to see plenty of EU citizens have faith in the UK.

"Why go to learn the words of fools?" Steve Marriott/Ronnie Lane
Old 03-05-2021, 09:19 AM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Dalton View Post
No we had left and despite many influential remainers imploring the government to join the pan EU scheme the UK government stuck firm and went ahead with the plan to go it alone. Thankfully we took the correct path.

However while we should be grateful to the people who made the plan work this is not a subject to boast about many citizens in the EU may have died from Covid due to the lack of vaccinations. The EU politicians who have lied about the AZ vaccine and have tried to weaponise the whole vaccination mess made by Brussels do deserve contempt.
Date transition (end of Eu rules) ended. 31st December 2020
Date uk announced it had agree to buy Pfizer vaccine. 20th July 2020
Date uk announced it had agreed to buy astra Zennica vaccine. 20th July 2020.

Date uk announced it had agreed to buy gsk and baxter swine flu vaccines. Dunno but it was sometime in 2009, 7 years before we even voted for brexit.
Old 03-05-2021, 09:23 AM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post
Disgusting I need a fight
Old 03-05-2021, 09:26 AM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
The only positive from brexit so far is the vaccination program. There is no denying that is a remarkable achievement by the gov and possible because of brexit.

The rest has been a cluster**** so far. As most of us knew it probably would.

That's how I honestly see it without bias right now. Can't change it so we need to make the best of it.
Do people really believe that the vaccination programme was only possible because of brexit?

It's quite worrying how these untruths become a mainstream belief.
Old 03-05-2021, 09:28 AM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:

Date uk announced it had agreed to buy gsk and baxter swine flu vaccines. Dunno but it was sometime in 2009, 7 years before we even voted for brexit.
Details details details.....brexshitters ainít interested in that.

Which makes me wonder if Percy knows when to harvest potatoes, normally it is 90 days after planting....oh dear we are truly fecked
Old 03-05-2021, 09:29 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:

As an aside 5.4 million EU citizens have now applied to remain in the UK via the settlement scheme, glad to see plenty of EU citizens have faith in the UK.
One of those is a guy on my team who came here aged 8 and has now had to apply to stay in a place where he's lived most of his life, thanks to arseholes like you.
Old 03-05-2021, 10:02 AM

Paulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
One of those is a guy on my team who came here aged 8 and has now had to apply to stay in a place where he's lived most of his life, thanks to arseholes like you.
And a number of others are EU by descent rather than by birth. There are a number of communities who live in the UK through EU passports and EU family permits that have been here for years and in many cases have never even visited the country whose passports they hold.
Old 03-05-2021, 10:18 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
Do people really believe that the vaccination programme was only possible because of brexit?

It's quite worrying how these untruths become a mainstream belief.
I honestly believed it was a big factor tbh. I am far from an expert of course. I get that it was always possible to go your own way in the EU with it but does that mean we would have?

The UK was one of the EU's main players.. For those nations, France, Germany and the UK it would have been considered essential to be aligned in approach. I suspect we might have struggled to find the political will to do our own thing but perhaps might have had more influence in the contracts and roll out.

Either way, dont any of you dare try to put me into the brexiteer gang!!! Brexit has cost me more than 99% of you i am sure... I just always try to look at all angles to avoid my own bitter bias!

Whatever the factors thank **** we got the vaccinations done so well. We have a head start on the EU for recovery. Hopefully we can put the bitterness behind us, make the most of the circumstances and adapt to our new world in a positive way. We cant change the vote now. Hopefully we never put such important decisions in the hands of the uneducated, ignorant and easily led masses again.
Old 03-05-2021, 10:23 AM

Quote:
I honestly believed it was a big factor tbh. I am far from an expert of course. I get that it was always possible to go your own way in the EU with it but does that mean we would have?

The UK was one of the EU's main players.. For those nations, France, Germany and the UK it would have been considered essential to be aligned in approach. I suspect we might have struggled to find the political will to do our own thing but perhaps might have had more influence in the contracts and roll out.

Either way, dont any of you dare try to put me into the brexiteer gang!!! Brexit has cost me more than 99% of you i am sure... I just always try to look at all angles to avoid my own bitter bias!

Whatever the factors thank **** we got the vaccinations done so well. We have a head start on the EU for recovery. Hopefully we can put the bitterness behind us, make the most of the circumstances and adapt to our new world in a positive way. We cant change the vote now. Hopefully we never put such important decisions in the hands of the uneducated, ignorant and easily led masses again.
In 2009 the uk were big players in the Eu and we were implored to undertake a joint vaccine approach to that emerging pandemic. We said no and went it alone. The only evidence there is (2009) suggests that the uk would have gone it alone. There is no evidence to suggest we would have jointly procured vaccine.
Old 03-05-2021, 10:37 AM

1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
Spot on, exactly.

I remember when he said this last time as if it was some great success story that all 5million had just come over from the EU a year or two before Brexit, totally ignoring the fact that so many have lived here and called it home for such a long time, many with UK families who are now having to jump through hoops to get this settlement to stay with their family (just like so many of us UK families living in the EU)
Old 03-05-2021, 10:41 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
In 2009 the uk were big players in the Eu and we were implored to undertake a joint vaccine approach to that emerging pandemic. We said no and went it alone. The only evidence there is (2009) suggests that the uk would have gone it alone. There is no evidence to suggest we would have jointly procured vaccine.
Didn't know that until this thread. Well certainly didn't remember it anyway. Interesting and certainly suggests we might have done our own thing regardless of brexit.
Old 03-05-2021, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Didn't know that until this thread. Well certainly didn't remember it anyway. Interesting and certainly suggests we might have done our own thing regardless of brexit.
With the 2009 procurement it actually also went really well, well it did until it wasnít needed and then it was criticized as a waste of money. Again the Eu joint procurement of vaccine went badly.

Donít forget that Matt Hancock also watched Ďpandemicí and it helped him formulate the plan of securing lots of vaccine early and ahead of the pack. Thanks goes to Matt Damon I guess.
Old 03-05-2021, 11:46 AM

Quote:
With the 2009 procurement it actually also went really well, well it did until it wasnít needed and then it was criticized as a waste of money. Again the Eu joint procurement of vaccine went badly.

Donít forget that Matt Hancock also watched Ďpandemicí and it helped him formulate the plan of securing lots of vaccine early and ahead of the pack. Thanks goes to Matt Damon I guess.

To be fair those movies did employ teams of virologists and behavioral scientists to be as realistic as possible in how they thought a pandemic would play out.

scary
Old 03-05-2021, 11:50 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Well last autumn we did harvest lots of fruit & veg as it happens despite your doubting. Best experience picking apples in a new forest orchard.

Plenty have no choice. It's not about 'faith'. Meanwhile, I personally have a whole heap of shit to deal with in relation to our family home in Austria, you myopic spanner.
Old 03-05-2021, 12:25 PM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Quote:

To be fair those movies did employ teams of virologists and behavioral scientists to be as realistic as possible in how they thought a pandemic would play out.

scary
They pretty much did a disaster version of SARS version 1.
Old 03-05-2021, 12:27 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:

So, Percy caught telling lies, again.