Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 22-06-2021, 11:43 AM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Dalton View Post
This supposed ban is not down to the European Broadcasting Union which has nothing to do with the EU ? The E.B.U. has over 50 countries in its membership, more than the EU and it is the E.B.U. that is the driving force behind pan European productions.

I fail to see the EU being able to enforce TV companies among its member states to reduce the amount of British TV content broadcast by (mostly) independent TV companies.

If it does then you have to ask serious questions about freedom of speech and the freedom of choice for people living in EU member states, it really does sounds like a communist or far right organisation if it wants to control what it's population views on TV. What next a ban on books written by British authors.

However I don't really think this is a serious proposal I would hope so anyway.
Then you are in for a big surprise. British production companies have benefitted enormously from this for years (built-in advantage over US producers on account of being european, and other european producers on account of being higher quality [because of the size of the export market for english language productions]).

Was it communism when it worked in the favour of UK workers?
Old 22-06-2021, 11:50 AM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is here
25% of British public think Brexit is going well. Must be a mistake. 52% of them knew exactly what they were voting for…

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 22-06-2021, 12:16 PM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
All that sows is what we already knew, brexit supporters are delusional.
Old 22-06-2021, 02:21 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Edited

Last edited by RazorsEdge; 22-06-2021 at 02:26 PM.
Old 22-06-2021, 02:22 PM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post
I hate this thread
I know that feeling Br
Old 22-06-2021, 02:25 PM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
When are young Brits come?

Maybe Percy can fill his gap with young seamen no longer required by the fishing industry?
I posted the same link will edit it now lol
Old 22-06-2021, 02:31 PM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:
This supposed ban is not down to the European Broadcasting Union which has nothing to do with the EU ? The E.B.U. has over 50 countries in its membership, more than the EU and it is the E.B.U. that is the driving force behind pan European productions.

I fail to see the EU being able to enforce TV companies among its member states to reduce the amount of British TV content broadcast by (mostly) independent TV companies.

If it does then you have to ask serious questions about freedom of speech and the freedom of choice for people living in EU member states, it really does sounds like a communist or far right organisation if it wants to control what it's population views on TV. What next a ban on books written by British authors.

What has EBU has got to do with the price of fish?

Do you want to read the link again and point out where it says EBU?

I wonder if you know the difference between a cowpat and a potato
Old 22-06-2021, 02:55 PM

Johnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleSE24 View Post
25% of British public think Brexit is going well. Must be a mistake. 52% of them knew exactly what they were voting for…

DD's pre-brexit vote claim that there would be no downsides to brexit only upsides has been tracked.
Yorkshire bylines has listed those upsides (12) against the downsides (192)......so far

Old 22-06-2021, 03:28 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:

What the hell are you blathering on about now? The article doesn't mention the EBU.
Old 22-06-2021, 04:12 PM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybegood View Post
DD's pre-brexit vote claim that there would be no downsides to brexit only upsides has been tracked.
Yorkshire bylines has listed those upsides (12) against the downsides (192)......so far

There are 12 upsides? feck me sideways, that I did not expect lol

Downside: Pay attention Percy...

182. Fruit pickers: Brexit has led ‘to a 90% drop’ in the number of foreign workers coming to the UK to work on farms in the summer. Stephen Taylor of Winterwood Farms ltd says, “95 per cent of all fruit and produce picked and packaged in this country is done by eastern Europeans. We are not talking about a few tens of thousands, we are talking hundreds of thousands of people less to work in the UK. That’s a massive hole.”

Last edited by RazorsEdge; 22-06-2021 at 04:15 PM.
Old 22-06-2021, 04:17 PM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
What the hell are you blathering on about now? The article doesn't mention the EBU.
The last thing EBU done to us is something to do with Eurovison, Percy is getting his lines crossed
Old 22-06-2021, 04:22 PM

Johnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post

182. Fruit pickers: Brexit has led ‘to a 90% drop’ in the number of foreign workers coming to the UK to work on farms in the summer. Stephen Taylor of Winterwood Farms ltd says, “95 per cent of all fruit and produce picked and packaged in this country is done by eastern Europeans. We are not talking about a few tens of thousands, we are talking hundreds of thousands of people less to work in the UK. That’s a massive hole.”
Number 12 of the upsides was 50 new jobs to make ketchup in Wigan,

The Aussie trade deal that adds .02% to our GDP in 15 years time must surely be celebrated although the downside forfeiture of not being in the £680 billion pa trade deal of the single market and CU dwarfs this 100 fold
Old 22-06-2021, 04:28 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post

12 upsides.?.. they didn't even mention blue passports...
It's a load of bollocks
Old 22-06-2021, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
It's a load of bollocks
Nor the new 50p coin or Big Ben Bongs
Old 22-06-2021, 04:36 PM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
It's a load of bollocks
One of the twelve benefits of Brexit is the EU can now label the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man as tax havens.

I am not sure how Brexiters see this as a benefit of Brexit unless they’re trying to argue the EU, with Malta, Ireland and Cyprus in it, are raving hypocrites.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 22-06-2021, 04:40 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Come come Adlers. Let's not be picking holes in Brexit wins, please. We have been exhorted by the likes of Tiny Nice But Dim to be more positive with regards to Brexit. Have some faith ffs.

Quote:
Nor the new 50p coin or Big Ben Bongs
There, you see? A bit of creative thinking and there's wins all over the shop!
Old 22-06-2021, 05:22 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Quote:
Number 12 of the upsides was 50 new jobs to make ketchup in Wigan,

The Aussie trade deal that adds .02% to our GDP in 15 years time must surely be celebrated although the downside forfeiture of not being in the £680 billion pa trade deal of the single market and CU dwarfs this 100 fold
This could be bollox because Brexit Central will go mad when they find out the government didn't red light India because they shipped in 40,000 Indian workers to pick fruit under the cover of darkness.

Why would they cover up the import of Commonwealth workers, though?
Old 22-06-2021, 05:45 PM

Lord Frost is getting increasingly agitated at the consequences of the brexit deal.
Just wait til he finds the stupid c*nt who negotiated it

Old 22-06-2021, 05:52 PM

Old Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is here
It’s fine , they’ve written a new song for kids to sing in schools, it will make things better. In news today. so we can instill some National pride. One people, one nation, one Tory party type thing

Called ‘Tomorrow Belongs To Me’ or something ...
Old 22-06-2021, 06:10 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Quote:
Lord Frost is getting increasingly agitated at the consequences of the brexit deal.
Just wait til he finds the stupid c*nt who negotiated it

Incredible how Frost has got us in this boat, considering the not insubstantial amount of time he spent in Brussels and Paris on UK/EU bilateral relations.

Has he always been thick as mince or is is it politically expedient for him to behave as though he is a bit of spacker?