Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS BBS Forums User Help and Suggestions

Notices

User Help and Suggestions This is the place to ask questions if you are having problems with the BBS such as logging in.

Old 05-04-2021, 04:10 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimbloke'H' View Post
Second question first, yes the BBS is displaying just fine.

As you've implied, it's likely that the issue is at my end, but I can't see how. I have now tried deleting and reinstalling the Firefox app to hopefully rule out a corrupted installation/data cache. Made no difference.

I then tried the BBS's forgotten password route; copied and pasted the generated password from the email and again, no joy.

For good measure, Windows is now bouncing me out of login after a short period of inactivity - but at least it lets me log back in.

Is Les trying to tell me something?

EDIT: Second issue is again with Firefox, on a Windows 10 machine.
I now have the full set. Firefox on android is doing the same.

"She likes it hard, that's her trouble."
Old 05-04-2021, 06:29 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Quote:
I have a peculiar situation that's developed as a result of the update.

I can no longer log in on my iPad using the Firefox browser. Invalid username or password. I've cleared the cache and all website data to no avail. I can log in using Safari just fine.

Any ideas guys?
Scrub that - Safari refusing to log in too now. This is properly starting to **** me off.

Old 05-04-2021, 06:37 PM
Vapour Enthusiast

se1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Scrub that - Safari refusing to log in too now. This is properly starting to **** me off.
Hmm that's really strange. So you can't log in with Firefox on PC/Android/iOS or Safari on iPad? What can you log in with?

I'm a bit tied up with the match today but let me know if this is still happening tomorrow, and I'll send you a PM and see if we can work out what's going on
Old 05-04-2021, 08:06 PM
Registered Snoozer

TomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Not read the whole thread, but has the app been discontinued? It’s not been working for the last 3 days or so and I just deleted it to re-download to see if that helped and it’s no longer on the App Store that I can see
Viera. Hodgson. De Boer. Allardyce. Pardew. Warnock. Pulis. Holloway. Freedman. Burley. Hart. Warnock. Taylor. Dowie. Kember. Francis. Bruce. A. Smith. Coppell. Venables. Lombardo. Coppell. Bassett. Coppell. A. Smith. Coppell. Mullery. Kember. Gradi. Allison. Venables. Allison. Head. Graham. Rowe. G. Smith. Spiers. Scott. Dawes/Slade. Rooke. Butler. Irwin. Moyes. Bromilow. Tresadern. Mavin. Maley. Goodman. Robson.
Old 05-04-2021, 09:35 PM
Administrator

EddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomEagle View Post
Not read the whole thread, but has the app been discontinued? Its not been working for the last 3 days or so and I just deleted it to re-download to see if that helped and its no longer on the App Store that I can see
The app is no longer available to install. The Android version should still work for those who have it installed but the Apple version probably won't work now. There will be a new app available in the future but we have other upgrades to do first so it may take a while.
Old 05-04-2021, 09:43 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Good job guys. Site worked well during the game for me.

Also the Tapatalk App is working out just fine for me now I'm used to it on the iPhone.
Old 05-04-2021, 10:25 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Quote:
Originally Posted by se1eagle View Post
Hmm that's really strange. So you can't log in with Firefox on PC/Android/iOS or Safari on iPad? What can you log in with?

I'm a bit tied up with the match today but let me know if this is still happening tomorrow, and I'll send you a PM and see if we can work out what's going on
It's changing by the minute, mate.

Initially, Firefox on iPadOS was the only issue. Then Firefox on Windows 10 started booting me out of login after a short period of inactivity, but allowed me to log back in again (this is still the case).

Logging in from Safari on iPadOS was fine initially but now won't let me in. I have deleted and reinstalled Firefox as I mentioned, as well as deleting any cache files and saved passwords that I know how to, to no avail.

This afternoon Firefox on Android started acting the same as on Windows 10, however it seems to have become stable again, as I type.

I consider myself to be pretty tech savvy for an old bloke, but this is doing my head in.

Old 06-04-2021, 07:12 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Update

I left both my PC and phone logged in overnight and they were both still logged in this morning; hopefully this suggests that the windows/android issues have cleared somehow.

My iPad situation hasn't changed. I tried installing Google Chrome, but like Firefox and Safari, it too refuses to allow me to log in.

Old 07-04-2021, 01:19 AM
Vapour Enthusiast

se1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
I left both my PC and phone logged in overnight and they were both still logged in this morning; hopefully this suggests that the windows/android issues have cleared somehow.

My iPad situation hasn't changed. I tried installing Google Chrome, but like Firefox and Safari, it too refuses to allow me to log in.
Just sent you a PM
Old 07-04-2021, 01:24 AM
Administrator

EddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is here
Quote:
Do you have any special characters in your password that might somehow come out wrong when you type them on the iPad? Or maybe it could even be the apostrophes in your user name that are coming out as curly quotes on the iPad?
Old 07-04-2021, 07:09 AM
I'm just cheese

davemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is here
Definitely seems faster after this. Great work all.
Old 07-04-2021, 11:22 AM
Binned by Muderators

Brett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Yes, yes, well done to Eddie and SE1 but...

Would it be possible to ask what happened to the world's richest Ulsterman?
Old 07-04-2021, 06:23 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Quote:
Originally Posted by se1eagle View Post
Just sent you a PM
I have replied, mate.

Old 07-04-2021, 06:33 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieEdwards View Post
Do you have any special characters in your password that might somehow come out wrong when you type them on the iPad? Or maybe it could even be the apostrophes in your user name that are coming out as curly quotes on the iPad?
This had occurred to me too, Eddie - The iPad keyboard does slant the apostrophe whereas both the Windows GB and Android keyboards produce a vertical apostrophe.

Bearing in mind that I could freely log in from my iPad prior to the work you guys have done, would any of the changes you've made alter the way the BBS reads apostrophes at login?

Old 07-04-2021, 07:18 PM
Vapour Enthusiast

Checking the logs it's definitely the apostrophes - I'm not aware of any thing that should have changed this with the migration, but a probable workaround would be to copy/paste the username (with the single unslanted apostrophes) on the iPad
Old 07-04-2021, 07:28 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Old 07-04-2021, 08:00 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
I take it that is a good sign?
Old 07-04-2021, 10:16 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
I take it that is a good sign?
It is, Bob. The boys worked it out.

Old 07-04-2021, 10:34 PM
The Spiky One

BBS maintenance and downtime

Quote:
It is, Bob. The boys worked it out.

So are you going to have to change your username or just your password?

Actually Ive just noticed that if ever I quote you it does not say Slimbloke H in the quote but ]: I wonder if that is relevant to this issue?
Old 07-04-2021, 11:43 PM
Eagle in the Borders

That's exactly what the issue was, Bob.

If you type my username in a simple text editor on a Windows or Android machine, you get: Slimbloke'H'

If you do the same on an iPad, you get: SlimblokeH, and for some reason, after the update the BBS now doesn't recognise iPad apostrophes as apostrophes, for login purposes.

Fortunately, the workaround se1eagle suggested works.