Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 11-10-2021, 07:07 AM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Wilder acting like a spoilt child after the fight. Pathetic human being.

Wide open, from the crotch to the knee.

Its got a bit of Labrador shit in it too.
Old 11-10-2021, 04:47 PM

Eagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is here
Wilder is an absolutely first class athlete but a decidedly average boxer. The former probably gives him a sense of high authority in his own mind abd he's finding it hard to consolidate it with his lack of talent. In 10 years the penny will probably drop.
Old 11-10-2021, 10:40 PM

mrfenandes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrfenandes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrfenandes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrfenandes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrfenandes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrfenandes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrfenandes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrfenandes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrfenandes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrfenandes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrfenandes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I was a big fan of AJ, I've seen all of his fights and followed his career since the Olympics. Fury I only saw a few times before his fight against VK and his reputation was a bit of a joke. The difference between AJ and Fury is one has improved dramatically since fighting Klitschko, whereas the other has arguably regressed.

AJ's footwork used to be so neat, his head movement was fantastic and he could use his jab to get inside with ease and land his best shot imho (uppercut) which is absolutely deadly. His agility isn't a patch on what it was, he's so flat footed and his defence has massive holes in it; his guard seems so easy to punch through. Fury on the other hand has a fantastic defence and his feints throw off everyone he fights. Also, when Wilder was dominating the first round with body shots, Fury switched to Southpaw and closed the gap almost instantly. Amazing ability to be able to do that.

Also despite no KO, IMO Fury beat VK a lot more convincingly than AJ did; AJ did well to survive that fight. I was there, and you could cut the atmosphere with a knife when he went down; the next 3 mins with AJ out on his feet, there was a silence as people were expecting Vlad to finish him off and I'm surprised he didn't.

If AJ beats Fury then I can only think it would be down to Fury succumbing to depression before the fight and failing to have the tools to prepare.
Old 11-10-2021, 10:56 PM

big bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfenandes View Post
If AJ beats Fury then I can only think it would be down to Fury succumbing to depression before the fight and failing to have the tools to prepare.
If AJ doesn't take care of Usyk then there won't be a fight. If he does then he will be the underdog against Fury, which might take the pressure off him and be to his advantage. At the moment the only person who can beat Fury is himself. There were reports of him acting the party animal (which his father confirmed) in Vegas in the summer. It will be at least a year before he's going to get a fight with either Usyk or A.J. That's plenty of time to press the self destruct button. Hopefully his team will set him up with a couple of scraps in between to keep him in shape and to keep the mind occupied.
Old 12-10-2021, 03:47 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
I must admit early doors, I called Fury wrong both from an ability and personality perspective he always struck me as flat footed and a bit of an idiot. I was wrong he strikes me as a decent human and a very talented boxer albeit in a limited era. Yes wilder has punch power but his total lack of being able to stick to a game plan due to a lack of fundamentals is his undoing. I actually give Usyk more chance against Fury than many will. Fury isn't in the same league as prime tyson or lewis, he simply would have been stopped by those guys. I admit however thats a pointless game to play.

As for AJ.. I think he should think long and hard about whether he really has it in him to do what he will need to, to be competitive against Usyk. He will have to be prepared to get KO'd to even stand a chance of bringing his strengths to the fore. So the question really is, is it worth it for a man worth tens of million? I know if i was one of his close pals i would be asking why bother? shortly before making sure he booked us a trip to vegas with some of his dosh to sit ringside at the next big event :-).
Old 13-10-2021, 06:23 AM
Turning Against This Land

Newts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
As for AJ.. I think he should think long and hard about whether he really has it in him to do what he will need to, to be competitive against Usyk. He will have to be prepared to get KO'd to even stand a chance of bringing his strengths to the fore. So the question really is, is it worth it for a man worth tens of million? I know if i was one of his close pals i would be asking why bother? shortly before making sure he booked us a trip to vegas with some of his dosh to sit ringside at the next big event :-).
Nothing to lose now perhaps? Either way he could go out with a loss. I dont think he is going to get long term hurt by Usyk, so this will be a big payday for him. I would wager it will be bigger than the first.

I dont buy this student line anymore with AJ, he has had enough ringtime now to not be regarded as a novice anymore. I think something happened in Madison Square Garden and he hasnt recovered from it. He now seems too gun shy, which realistically with his size were his big attributes. Not sure trying to be cultured is ever going to suit him.

I dont like fury the person. However he certainly has skills as a boxer. I dont think we will ever know just how good he is in terms of history because there arent any other greats in the division. That being said, as was mentioned, he has had 3 fights with probably one of the heaviest 1 punch hitters the sport has seen, been put down 4 times (cant recall if it was 2 or 3 times in first fight) and got up 4 times to arguably win 3 times. How many of the greats mentioned could Wilder have landed on? What would have been the outcome?

I would like to see Fury face both AJ and Usyk, I would also watch a warm up fight for him against Whyte.

Even if AJ loses to Usyk, we could look forward to Fury v Whyte, then Usyk and then a retirement fight for both against AJ. That is a hell of a lot of money to be made there!
Old 13-10-2021, 02:02 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newts G View Post

Not sure trying to be cultured is ever going to suit him.
The problem of course is it has suited him in fights against parker and ruiz. It just won't cut the mustard against the likes of fury or usyk because he can never beat them at their own game.
Old 13-10-2021, 03:28 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
The problem of course is it has suited him in fights against parker and ruiz. It just won't cut the mustard against the likes of fury or usyk because he can never beat them at their own game.
was he very cultured against Ruiz? not really plus be was fighting the human beach ball

SaulAlinsky
Old 13-10-2021, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
was he very cultured against Ruiz? not really plus be was fighting the human beach ball
Not very but he chose to “box” in both wins and had the boxing skills to do so taking barely any risks.
Old 17-10-2021, 09:56 PM

LesPaul will leave the TV and the radio behindLesPaul will leave the TV and the radio behindLesPaul will leave the TV and the radio behindLesPaul will leave the TV and the radio behindLesPaul will leave the TV and the radio behindLesPaul will leave the TV and the radio behindLesPaul will leave the TV and the radio behindLesPaul will leave the TV and the radio behindLesPaul will leave the TV and the radio behindLesPaul will leave the TV and the radio behindLesPaul will leave the TV and the radio behind
Quote:
I must admit early doors, I called Fury wrong both from an ability and personality perspective he always struck me as flat footed and a bit of an idiot. I was wrong he strikes me as a decent human and a very talented boxer albeit in a limited era. Yes wilder has punch power but his total lack of being able to stick to a game plan due to a lack of fundamentals is his undoing. I actually give Usyk more chance against Fury than many will. Fury isn't in the same league as prime tyson or lewis, he simply would have been stopped by those guys. I admit however thats a pointless game to play.

Tyson wouldn't get near Fury Lewis is the only guy historically I think who could beat him.
Old 18-10-2021, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesPaul View Post
Tyson wouldn't get near Fury Lewis is the only guy historically I think who could beat him.
I am less convinced very few people prime Tyson couldn’t get near. You might be right but from memory the early version of Tyson would have been very willing to put it on him in a way that no one else has. Perhaps that’s nostalgia speaking I was by no means an enthusiast back then and I was pretty young. Certainly anything less than the early version would have struggled like you say.
Old 18-10-2021, 09:13 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesPaul View Post
No chance .

Forget Tyson after his first defeat in 1990 against Buster Douglas - things just spiralled out of control for him privately; but the Tyson before that was an absolute phenomenon, and I’ve got absolutely no doubt that the younger Tyson would’ve beaten Fury…and Lewis and anyone else come to that post 80’s.

Supporting Katerina https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-..._co_campmgmt_m
Old 18-10-2021, 06:27 PM

Malaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
No chance .

Forget Tyson after his first defeat in 1990 against Buster Douglas - things just spiralled out of control for him privately; but the Tyson before that was an absolute phenomenon, and I’ve got absolutely no doubt that the younger Tyson would’ve beaten Fury…and Lewis and anyone else come to that post 80’s.
I agree, Tyson is not a tall man by heavyweight standards, he leans into the chest of the taller man who then tries punching about the head and shoulders then "boom" big uppercuts, job done.
Old 18-10-2021, 06:32 PM
COBBY31

jamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet

Please sponsor me for the London marathon 2015 in aid of Prostate Cancer http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fund...rl=jamescobb33

Last edited by jamesc_24; 18-10-2021 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Double post.
Old 18-10-2021, 06:32 PM
COBBY31

jamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Prime Mike Tyson knocks out a Prime Tyson Fury, it’s not even close.

Please sponsor me for the London marathon 2015 in aid of Prostate Cancer http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fund...rl=jamescobb33
Old 18-10-2021, 11:01 PM

dim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesc_24 View Post
Prime Mike Tyson knocks out a Prime Tyson Fury, it’s not even close.
Isn't Mike Tyson 5ft 10? Fury is a lot bigger and maybe a different proposition to the people Mike Tyson was knocking over. He knocked over a 6 ft 6 guy on his road to the first title but he was very different to Fury and was there as meat really. Hard to predict the outcome for me as Mike Tyson was so aggressive.

Last edited by dim; 19-10-2021 at 05:49 PM.
Old 19-10-2021, 10:34 PM

LesPaul will leave the TV and the radio behindLesPaul will leave the TV and the radio behindLesPaul will leave the TV and the radio behindLesPaul will leave the TV and the radio behindLesPaul will leave the TV and the radio behindLesPaul will leave the TV and the radio behindLesPaul will leave the TV and the radio behindLesPaul will leave the TV and the radio behindLesPaul will leave the TV and the radio behindLesPaul will leave the TV and the radio behindLesPaul will leave the TV and the radio behind
Quote:
I am less convinced very few people prime Tyson couldn’t get near. You might be right but from memory the early version of Tyson would have been very willing to put it on him in a way that no one else has. Perhaps that’s nostalgia speaking I was by no means an enthusiast back then and I was pretty young. Certainly anything less than the early version would have struggled like you say.
I aint denying Mike Tysons prime abilities he was phenomenal however Physics plays a part here. Tyson wouldn't be able to generate his devastating power on a guy nearly a foot taller then him.
Old 20-10-2021, 12:11 AM

dim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is here
This is Tyson against a 6ft 6" opponent... but this guy is no Fury....

Last edited by dim; 20-10-2021 at 12:25 AM.
Old 20-10-2021, 12:41 AM
Palace 'til i die

Aki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is here
Mike Tyson in his prime was an incredible boxer. For me, he was the greatest heavyweight I've ever seen, i'd say he'd beat all of today's contenders.
Old 20-10-2021, 02:26 PM

Tyson is a bit of an enigma for me. On the one hand he was brutally efficient on the way up and in unifying the titles but really was beating a series of journeymen. And on the other, every time he fought anyone who was really decent, he got beaten. Often brutally. He was so aggressive, but it looks like when people worked out how to deal with his peculiarities he effectively became a target for better boxers like Lewis and Holyfield.

Last edited by dim; 20-10-2021 at 02:36 PM.