Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 19-10-2021, 08:43 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtStryker View Post
Fireworks, start earlier every year. Getting so bad my dog refuses to come out from under the Christmas tree��
You forgot hallowen
Old 19-10-2021, 10:37 AM
Send Us Victorious

Prince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrace Bickle View Post
I couldn't believe my ears when I heard a ******* Christmas radio advert 2 weeks ago! They'll start in August before too long. On the bright side the usual suspects don't appear to have obtained any fireworks yet.
We could've found the first ever Brexit advantage if there's some sort of import and supply issues relating to fireworks.
Old 19-10-2021, 10:51 AM
COYP!

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
The smell of burning rubber and the ******* cop chopper buzzing around for hours.
Pete H out flashing the locals in the full rubber gimp suit again?
Hey how about the club could invent a little plastic card that you could have in your wallet to access games and maybe it could even come in a little wallet of its own, now that would be really convenient .... just a thought !
Old 19-10-2021, 10:59 AM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
With his bottle of Baileys
Old 19-10-2021, 01:41 PM

cranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Electric toothbrushes that wont charge up
Old 19-10-2021, 01:46 PM

cranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
My understanding was that Bruce was more frustrated with the environment in which he was working at Palace than initially attracted by the Birmingham offer - i.e. the push factor (away from Palace) was bigger than the pull factor (from Birmingham).

I rated him quite highly as as manager for us, and I do feel sorry for him in the current circumstances. Is he a top top level manager ? Probably not, but he is a reasonable manager who has operated under very difficult circumstances up until now at Newcastle without complaining. For their fans to turn on him in the way have is just symptomatic of their new, and unjust, sense of entitlement. And he's only human, after all - he's managing his hometown club, and yet knows he will get chopped sooner or later - that's a horrible environment to work under. That is why I have sympathy with him.
The only part of your comment iI disagree with is that the Newcastle fans sense of entitlement is in anyway new. I think I date it back to the Kevin Keegan era. Lets face it, Since Shearer retired they've been rubbish
Old 19-10-2021, 02:29 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Sigh

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 19-10-2021, 02:31 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
That sounds ominous!
There is a story worth telling here....

....but not many on the BBS are the least bit interested. Maybe time to resurrect LNC.

Old 19-10-2021, 08:56 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
There is a story worth telling here....

....but not many on the BBS are the least bit interested. Maybe time to resurrect LNC.
Unfortunately there is only a few of us left from them days.

Most of the "yoot" have grown up, got careers, got married and had kids...
Old 19-10-2021, 09:31 PM
substitute

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
Panic buying toys. I thought it was just tabloid nonsense but I know people who’ve been filling their houses with plastic shit in case it runs out before Christmas. I understand people being worried about food running out but plastic toys?
Old 19-10-2021, 09:39 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Unfortunately there is only a few of us left from them days.

Most of the "yoot" have grown up, got careers, got married and had kids...
Are you implying that the rest of us haven't grown up? (or maybe the opposite - the old age and mental faculties thing?)
Old 19-10-2021, 10:58 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Are you implying that the rest of us haven't grown up? (or maybe the opposite - the old age and mental faculties thing?)
Personally I was already on the downside of of the bell curve in that regard...

As for Peter Pan - I mean PeterH...
Old 20-10-2021, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Begs the question as to what is so special about 'growing up'....and the cliched come back on the BBS of supposedly being 'grown men'.

All of us have spent most of our lives worrying about ungrown Men (for the most part) not kicking a football very well (for the most part).

Will our last words be..'I am so glad I grew up and took life seriously'...'it really made a fecking difference'.

IMO all 'grown up' serious people tend to be utter c nuts that spend their lives damaging other people.

Old 20-10-2021, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Personally I was already on the downside of of the bell curve in that regard...

As for Peter Pan - I mean PeterH...
Not sure whst the Peter Pan reference is supposed to mean. Unless you are tinkling my Bell.

Old 20-10-2021, 05:41 AM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Not sure whst the Peter Pan reference is supposed to mean. Unless you are tinkling my Bell.
Just puling your hook captain...

I was just indicating that the remaining LNC gang are forever young like Peter Pan, including your good self.

Edit: Which ties in with your post above I guess!
Old 20-10-2021, 06:36 AM
Since '67

ozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad John View Post
I was in a place called Nantucket, near Cape Cod last summer and a few of the bars had signs saying, "sorry no one under 25." This was due to nearly all the rich kids spending $250 on near perfect ID's. Doormen and cops alike were fooled by them. Not sure if this is legal, but that's what the bar owners had to resort to.
If I buy any alcohol from my local supermarket I have to first show ID. Annoying at first, and I've had the usual 'common sense ain't common' arguments with them, but eventually you just do it, knowing you can go home and bitch about it on the good old BBS.
Getting a beer in a bottle shop (Off licence) in the Northern Territory is really interesting. Not only do they have a security guard, but they also have police on the door at times. Then when you get to the cashier they ask for your photographic licence ID and record it..... That's what happened to us and everyone in a major supermarket in Alice Springs a couple of years back.

Then on another day same supermarket one of the local indigenous people offered my wife 50 dollars to buy him half a dozen beers. She declined, it's apparently over 5,000 AUD fine if you get caught supplying drinks to people that are banned from drinking up there and potentially a 6 month jail term.
Old 20-10-2021, 07:34 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
'.
IMO all 'grown up' serious people tend to be utter c nuts that spend their lives damaging other people.
Yet another breathtakingly broad and absurd generalisation which, as ever, defies everything that is true and rational. Excellent fishing.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 20-10-2021, 02:35 PM
Significant Udder

Direwolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is here
When you are sitting in your garden minding your own business and a plane drops a ton of crap on you.
To view the link you have to Register or Login.
Old 20-10-2021, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Yet another breathtakingly broad and absurd generalisation which, as ever, defies everything that is true and rational. Excellent fishing.
Maybe.

Tends to be my experience.

There isn't a single regular BBSer that would be on my 'broad and absurd generialisation'.

FWIW the people I refer to would look to score a few office political points by complaining to one's boss about a BBSer spending any time whatsoever on the BBS - even having the window open.

I suspect 'rational' flew out of your head more or less the day the pandemic started. I am so good at this shite, I can even timestamp crap like this.

Remember to save your reply for when you are not on the client's dollar.

HTH

Old 20-10-2021, 03:42 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Maybe.

Tends to be my experience.

There isn't a single regular BBSer that would be on my 'broad and absurd generialisation'.

FWIW the people I refer to would look to score a few office political points by complaining to one's boss about a BBSer spending any time whatsoever on the BBS - even having the window open.

I suspect 'rational' flew out of your head more or less the day the pandemic started. I am so good at this shite, I can even timestamp crap like this.

Remember to save your reply for when you are not on the client's dollar.

HTH
The only dollar I am ever on - and have been for some 20 years - is my own. I just mention that because it was the last nonsense in your post ; I could have whupped any of the prior paragraphs with my hand tied behind me.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ