Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 19-10-2021, 07:06 PM
Stroud1

minch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bin View Post
Looking at the way the team played last night AS A TEAM, knowing we need to fit Olise and Eze into the team on a regular, we are getting to the time when he wont be the first name on the sheet, and may have to be content with the subs bench occasionally.

cue the 'he's our best player' responses.... Aye he was, and if he remembers the release the ball a bit more often, he still has a big role to play
What ! you are joking. Still the most dangerous player in our squad which is why most teams put two or three people around him. He still has no direct competition in our squad.
Old 19-10-2021, 10:12 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
His reputation is what he is worth to us. Had he played last night Arsenal would have often doubled up on him which should allow more space for other players. He is seen as our best player by other teams and the one to mark and stop.
Glad I read that post before typing exactly the same thing.
Old 19-10-2021, 10:36 PM

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bo Jangles View Post
Already worrying about next season without Gallagher and Jimmy Mac probably in his last full season. Going to need two exceptional replacements.
The way Jimmy Mac is playing I think he will still be around next season. Gallagher will either be ours or more likely in the Chelsea squad.
Old 20-10-2021, 12:49 AM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Already worrying about next season without Gallagher and Jimmy Mac probably in his last full season. Going to need two exceptional replacements.
Give yourself a break FFS
Old 20-10-2021, 05:01 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
One hopes that the 'virus' doesn’t keep him out of the Newcastle game.

It shouldn't do, as he was seen driving around in his Lambo two hours before the Arsenal game..perhaps he popped down to the chemist.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 20-10-2021, 05:02 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
And sit back and wait.....

...which in fairness, is what Wilf should have been doing if he is sick.

Old 20-10-2021, 10:40 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Pretty weak trolling attempt there Peter. Being laid low by a bug that restricts your ability to perform as an elite athlete (cold/flu like, stomach bug whatever) doesn't stop you from being able to drive a car or go to the shops or friends. Anyone who has travelled a lot on planes will have experienced an awful lot of short term bugs that, for office workers, don't stop you doing things, but probably stop you going to the gym or out for a run, let alone play 90 minute of PL football.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 20-10-2021, 08:35 PM

I get that.

I get it less if he also misses the Newcastle game.

I also wonder how a regular employee with a regular boss would be viewed out and out about - meeting friends, going for a drive etc. having phoned in sick.
Rather than say resting up in order to get back to the grindstone ASAP.

Maybe one that worked for you, for example.

Last edited by PeterH; 20-10-2021 at 08:40 PM.
Old 20-10-2021, 08:40 PM

dmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Didnt PV say he was feeling ok but because he hadn’t trained he wasn’t included.
Old 20-10-2021, 08:42 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmf73 View Post
Didnt PV say he was feeling ok but because he hadnít trained he wasnít included.
He did

Old 20-10-2021, 08:47 PM
Watching from Warmington

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
I get that.

I get it less if he also misses the Newcastle game.

I also wonder how a regular employee with a regular boss would be viewed out and out about - meeting friends, going for a drive etc. having phoned in sick.
Rather than say resting up in order to get back to the grindstone ASAP.

Maybe one that worked for you, for example.
No one who ever worked for me was dependent on being able to run their arse off for 90 minutes at high speed after doing the same in training for probably 5 days out of 7. They sat at desks in offices or on client sites working on computers or being in meetings. Its a ludicrous comparison. Footballers are often out and about doing other things while injured. They are perfectly capable of leading a normal life and doing normal things, but not capable of playing top flight sport. And he wouldn't have just "phoned in sick" he would have been assessed by the club medical staff.

But just have a pointless pop at someone why not?

Old 20-10-2021, 08:49 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
The way Jimmy Mac is playing I think he will still be around next season. Gallagher will either be ours or more likely in the Chelsea squad.
Hows about a second year on loan, with an option (and/or buy-back).
Assuming he enjoys himself at Palace - most do.
Old 20-10-2021, 08:51 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Wow. If you stress this easily you must have been in a terrible state last season knowing just how many players would leave in the summer
Old 20-10-2021, 08:54 PM

Ticehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTicehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTicehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTicehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTicehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTicehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTicehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTicehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTicehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTicehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTicehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think Jimmy mac has got another year In him. Imo luka and big check will need replacing.. See oribo being linked from rangers, I suspect another young up and coming midfielder will come in from the championship. Then it's down to what happens with conor.. My hunch Newcastle for silly money if they stay up.
Old 20-10-2021, 08:55 PM

stumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is here
I reckon he had the shits. Hopefully back Saturday.
Old 20-10-2021, 08:57 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticehurst View Post
I think Jimmy mac has got another year In him. Imo luka and big check will need replacing.. See oribo being linked from rangers, I suspect another young up and coming midfielder will come in from the championship. Then it's down to what happens with conor.. My hunch Newcastle for silly money if they stay up.
Chelsea wont sell him to Newcastle.

He definitely won't be coming back here, though.

Breathin deep, breathin easy...

Didnít vote for a Brexit.
Old 20-10-2021, 09:07 PM

hulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post
Chelsea wont sell him to Newcastle.

He definitely won't be coming back here, though.
Doubt very much he will fancy it up in Newcastle.
Old 20-10-2021, 09:23 PM

I guess it is just my frustration at it always being Wilf.

Not Ayew, not Benteke.

The pain subsides when we can perform like we did without him. Or even perform better than we would have.

Old 21-10-2021, 12:57 PM

SelsEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelsEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelsEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelsEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelsEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelsEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelsEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelsEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelsEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelsEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelsEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
More of a general point but apparently players leaving for AFCON will leave after the games on Boxing Day - meaning we'll most likely have even more games without Wilf (Norwich and West Ham at home).
Old 21-10-2021, 01:47 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelsEagle View Post
More of a general point but apparently players leaving for AFCON will leave after the games on Boxing Day - meaning we'll most likely have even more games without Wilf (Norwich and West Ham at home).
I still donít think the Afcon will happen