Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 17-11-2021, 04:28 PM
Certified Grumpy

T.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Email Problem

I have an email problem to which i hope someone has an answer!

My ISP is Plusnet and I have used their email service for many years.

I have never had a problem with them until the last few weeks when emails I write are not sent immediately. They sit in my Outbox whilst the system attempts to release them unsuccessfully telling me that it has been unable to connect the the outgoing SMTP e-mail server.

Usually they go nowhere until i sign in to my computer the next morning when they get sent immediately. I do not normally shut down the computer overnight - just let it sleep and it will just release the messages when it wakes up.

There is no problem with receiving emails and, presumably, my outgoing settings are ok as the messages do get sent eventually (ie the next morning).

Any ideas?
Old 17-11-2021, 04:40 PM

LN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is here
Not really any solution but my Outlook does this occasionally but in my case it doesn't send after pressing send although it does clear the screen as if it has gone. Then with mine it shown up a bit later in the drafts folder where if I send it from there it sends perfectly. It seems to happen more when I add attachments especially larger ones. Its behaving itself at the moment but does it now and again and haven't found anything that triggers it although larger attachments probably do it most. I'm not sure if something gets corrupted and fixed in updates but is annoying when that important email isn't sent and you are unaware,

If you keep your computer on all the time then it may be worth re-booting it now and again to reload the programs just in case something does get corrupted and virus check everything just in case,
Old 17-11-2021, 05:12 PM
Born in South London

gcwhite Sam the man is heregcwhite Sam the man is heregcwhite Sam the man is heregcwhite Sam the man is heregcwhite Sam the man is heregcwhite Sam the man is heregcwhite Sam the man is heregcwhite Sam the man is heregcwhite Sam the man is heregcwhite Sam the man is heregcwhite Sam the man is here
I googled plusnet mail send problems and it seems to be a regular occurrence. Best call Plusnet.
Old 17-11-2021, 05:39 PM

fish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Problem with Plusnet Email since last week. Looks like resolved now.