Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 21-06-2022, 09:55 PM

PalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mte103 View Post
Jurassic World Dominion: a spoiler free review

Chris Pratt was sad to be there; presumably because he had to diet quite hard and he also had read the plot. Bryce Dallas-Howard was less sad, presumably because the Director felt too awkward to remind her to lose the stone she put on since the last film.

Alan Grant and Dr Sattler's opening scene was, I am certain, a genuine attempt to 'out shit acting' each other, Sattler in particular struggling to be a credible human.

CGI green screen fest throughout but where they used real models, they somehow looked a lot worse than the - 1993 - originals.

Chris Pratt can stop any beast in its tracks by holding up his hand, a form of plot armour used so often he surely will suffer from carpal tunnel in later life, if never a Dino bite.

In an affront to the first JP film and it's foundational premise, every Dino is anthropomorphised into oblivion to the point it is really quite tiring.

At one point during a crowd scene they were clearly showing a 'diverse' lecture theatre and I correctly guessed the race and gender of the next four cutscenes, which made me lol to myself.

On the plus side, the second half of this needlessly long film is noticeably better than the first. Ian Malcolm provides genuine wit and a couple laughs by presumably just being himself, and there's a couple of dark and or spooky Dino scenes of impressive quality.

Overall 5-10
Good review and the bit about Pratt and his hand made me chuckle.

I took the kids to see it and it felt too long. The bit in Malta was like Jason Bourne with dinosaurs, which was bizarre. The head of Biosyn (what a daft name), who looks like Tim Cook was a pretty limp bad guy.

Despite how daft it all was, I still enjoyed it. Partly because my kids love dinosaurs so much and they got a thrill every time a new species appeared onscreen and partly because I hold the first film in such high regard (it's one of my favourite memories of the cinema), so the feelings of nostalgia are nice.

We watched the previous 5 films in the run up to this and my kids all agreed that the big dinosaurs aren't scary anymore (not like the T-Rex from the first film) - death by a hundred bites from Dimetrodon or Dilophosaurus far scarier.
Old 22-06-2022, 08:14 AM

stange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
TG Maverick - silly, enjoyable, nice flying, nice cars, nice p51. 7.9/10

Spiderhead (Netflix) - Hemsworth does quite well, but overall, it's a good idea, badly executed and descends into farce. Shares a director and actor with TG Maverick. 5/10
Old 22-06-2022, 02:26 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Dinosaurs film.

I enjoyed it because I took my two oldest grandnips to the first 4DX experience. It was worth it for that alone.

And they had never fully seen any of the other movies.

Could never get close to what the first movie achieved. None of the sequels have.

I guess many of us actually read the original book before we saw the first movie so many years back.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 23-06-2022, 03:58 AM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle View Post
Silence (2016)
Feels a bit of a grind at first with a running time of over 2 1/2 hours but worth sticking with even though it’s a grim look at the persecutions suffered by Christians in 17th century Japan. Fine acting, especially Andrew Garfield. 7.5/10 (I Player)
I read the book for my Japanese Religions class and watched the movie. The movie followed the book almost exactly saving a couple of points which is probably why it really doesn't seem like its a Martin Scorsese movie. Then again I probably shouldn't compare it to Goodfellas and Wolf of Wall Street.
Old 23-06-2022, 04:43 AM
Veteran

JJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceForever View Post
partly because I hold the first film in such high regard (it's one of my favourite memories of the cinema), so the feelings of nostalgia are nice.
Me too. I was completely blown away / gobsmacked by the first one; I enjoyed some of the references back to the original in this new one, and as said above, Goldblum had the best lines.

Last edited by JJ; 23-06-2022 at 04:46 AM.
Old 23-06-2022, 08:50 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Nephew is over staying with us and so we have been watching movies I. The evenings. So far we have been doing the Tom Cruise thing with MI: Rogue Nation and then Fallout. Followed that up with Oblivion last night.

Seen them all before but enjoyed each of them again despite that. Oblivion always seems an underestimated movie to me. The same Director that has teamed up again with TC for Top Gun Maverick. The look feel and sound of Oblivion are all impressive. The visualisation of the drones, various transport vehicles air, space and living quarters are all well done, especially the drones. Give it 20-30 yrs and they will be basing the police drones on smaller versions of these I reckon. (maybe next week). Just liked the whole thing really. As I remember it, this movie didn’t get much attention. I always put that down in part to the negativity surrounding TC at the time, suffering from his own success. The guy has never pretended to be some sort of Shakespearean genius character actor. He has his niche and probably does it better than the rest. Anyway, all good watches
Old 23-06-2022, 10:01 AM

Location: Village of Shepherdswell, which is between Dover and Canterbury.
pots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
You need to add interview with a vampire to your list.
Old 23-06-2022, 11:20 AM

Bromley Raven : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBromley Raven : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBromley Raven : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBromley Raven : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBromley Raven : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBromley Raven : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBromley Raven : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBromley Raven : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBromley Raven : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBromley Raven : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBromley Raven : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
If watching Tom Cruise films, Edge of Tomorrow would be my recommendation.
Old 23-06-2022, 12:05 PM
Veteran

JJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pots1970 View Post
You need to add interview with a vampire to your list.
I loved the book, and to say TC appeared to be completely miscast to play the well over 6ft French Lestat was an understatement, but actually he was really good in it.

I would also add A Few Good Men, The Firm and Collateral to the good TC films list.
Old 23-06-2022, 01:06 PM

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bromley Raven View Post
If watching Tom Cruise films, Edge of Tomorrow would be my recommendation.
This is likely the next one on the list. One of the few time loop movies that I like.
Old 23-06-2022, 01:10 PM

Thx for the suggestions guys. Not sure his mum/dad will be up for the vampire movie. They stick to the ratings pretty closely and that's an 18 I think.

I must be getting old but I reckon I could watch all of these without them being ruined by me remembering them from my initial viewing. i remember the rough plot and some key moments but three is enough in there that I don't remember until it comes on that it's watchable.
Old 23-06-2022, 04:41 PM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
I liked him in that alien invasion one where he keeps repeating the same day over and over again.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 23-06-2022, 06:18 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
I liked him in that alien invasion one where he keeps repeating the same day over and over again.
That was a very good movie
Old 23-06-2022, 07:49 PM

obasizzler is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landobasizzler is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landobasizzler is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landobasizzler is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landobasizzler is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landobasizzler is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landobasizzler is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landobasizzler is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landobasizzler is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landobasizzler is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landobasizzler is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Land
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
And Emily Blunt was very hot in that.
Old 24-06-2022, 06:40 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness - 7.0/10

Surprisingly this one doesn't start because of Dr. Strange's episode with Spiderman last time out, but an interdimensional traveler is being chased throughout the multiverse by an evil demon that wants her power and ends up in our universe. She meets our Dr Strange who knows her from his dreams, which are actually events that occur to our other selves in other universes. What ensues is a crazy chase/fight movie that takes place mostly on an Earth in a different universe. There are countless cameos and easter eggs in this one and the main villain was actually a surprise to me because the trailer didn't seem to give a hint of who it could be, but it should have been apparent based on the past couple of years of MCU content. I enjoyed this one more than the first one but it still won't be in the Top 10 of MCU movies for me. Sam Raimi's direction definitely lent itself to more of a horror styling than you would expect from an MCU/Disney production, culminating in an absolutely brutal fight on the other Earth. They set up a third movie quite deliberately at the end by introducing another Hollywood heavyweight that is being added to the MCU.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by Funk Butter; 24-06-2022 at 06:47 PM.
Old 24-06-2022, 06:48 PM

Eagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is here
I turned that Dr Strange film on and gave it about 2 minutes before turning it back off again. Can't be doing with another CGI fest of upside down pathways that crumble behind them.
Old 25-06-2022, 01:57 AM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
A Study In Terror(1965)
John Neville is excellent as Sherlock Holmes who is investigating the Ripper murders. Plenty of foggy East End camera shots and Holmes observations. Donald Houston is an OK Watson with Frank Finlay as Lestrade, Robert Morley as Mycroft & Barbara Windsor as a Ripper victim. 7/10 ( YouTube)
Old 25-06-2022, 03:15 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
I loved the book, and to say TC appeared to be completely miscast to play the well over 6ft French Lestat was an understatement, but actually he was really good in it.

I would also add A Few Good Men, The Firm and Collateral to the good TC films list.
Rain Man and the movies he made prior to Top Gun.

Old 25-06-2022, 03:15 AM

Born on the 4th July as well.

Old 25-06-2022, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle View Post
A Study In Terror(1965)
John Neville is excellent as Sherlock Holmes who is investigating the Ripper murders. Plenty of foggy East End camera shots and Holmes observations. Donald Houston is an OK Watson with Frank Finlay as Lestrade, Robert Morley as Mycroft & Barbara Windsor as a Ripper victim. 7/10 ( YouTube)
Thanks...I think I will watch that now.