Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 10-09-2021, 07:20 PM

ChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is here
I have been through T5 a couple of times. It seemed to me that the queues were for families with kids under 12 and therefore couldn’t use e-gates. And these queues were served by far too few custom desks.
Old 11-09-2021, 01:12 AM

Paulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiswickEagle View Post
I have been through T5 a couple of times. It seemed to me that the queues were for families with kids under 12 and therefore couldn’t use e-gates. And these queues were served by far too few custom desks.
The majority of the time if you can use the negates you should get through without a wait. Avoid evening flights into TN5 as that's when they seem to land a number of flights from holiday destinations at the same time though this should improve as the schools go back.

As staff we have to go through the same checks as passengers going airside. When I started it was after a good few months I discovered I still had a multi tool from my old job in my back. There's always arguments about food being rejected. For example Muller yoghurts are a no no as they are a liquid over 100ml but the rice version is ok as it's more solid. Soup can be stopped but you can get it through if its frozen. There's also been arguments over a can of tomatoes.
They've recently changed the company who man our staff security point. If you trigger the alarm they're so keen that the physical search is like getting a free massage.
Old 11-09-2021, 01:51 AM

StonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulinmorden View Post
The majority of the time if you can use the negates you should get through without a wait. Avoid evening flights into TN5 as that's when they seem to land a number of flights from holiday destinations at the same time though this should improve as the schools go back.

As staff we have to go through the same checks as passengers going airside. When I started it was after a good few months I discovered I still had a multi tool from my old job in my back. There's always arguments about food being rejected. For example Muller yoghurts are a no no as they are a liquid over 100ml but the rice version is ok as it's more solid. Soup can be stopped but you can get it through if its frozen. There's also been arguments over a can of tomatoes.
They've recently changed the company who man our staff security point. If you trigger the alarm they're so keen that the physical search is like getting a free massage.
Thanks everybody. I think I’ll risk T5 arriving around 11am not least because BA have some really good fares for the sharp end of the plane.

My wife’s idea of a sandwich for the journey is bring along the ingredients and make it on the plane. So they try and confiscate her tub of hummus at La Guardia security but she will have none of it. She snatches it back and storms out of the security area and smears the hummus all over the bread rolls she had brought along and comes back in - and everything was fine ! I meanwhile was cringing in the corner…..
Old 11-09-2021, 08:04 AM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by StonePenge View Post
Thanks everybody. I think I’ll risk T5 arriving around 11am not least because BA have some really good fares for the sharp end of the plane.

My wife’s idea of a sandwich for the journey is bring along the ingredients and make it on the plane. So they try and confiscate her tub of hummus at La Guardia security but she will have none of it. She snatches it back and storms out of the security area and smears the hummus all over the bread rolls she had brought along and comes back in - and everything was fine ! I meanwhile was cringing in the corner…..
That is funny though

Oh by the way, Welcome Home SP

Last edited by RazorsEdge; 11-09-2021 at 08:22 AM.
Old 11-09-2021, 08:26 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post
It is a shame. It was fast track both ends and was the attraction to fly for a passenger
It was all business class and you got to clear US customs in Shannon and walk straight off the plane on NYC.

So of you work in Canary Wharf and are visiting New York you save a lot of time and hassle both ends.

Them days are gone for me though
Old 11-09-2021, 08:30 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Great to read that Bigend is back and happy in employment.
Old 11-09-2021, 08:49 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
Cheers John. Been a tough time since covid clipped my wings but I'm really exited about this new path.
Old 11-09-2021, 01:21 PM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:
It was all business class and you got to clear US customs in Shannon and walk straight off the plane on NYC.

So of you work in Canary Wharf and are visiting New York you save a lot of time and hassle both ends.

Them days are gone for me though
Yup and one of the easiest way to US with no hassle
Old 11-09-2021, 01:21 PM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:
^

Agree, one of the good guys on here
Old 24-09-2021, 04:51 PM

StonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Another stellar day at LHR (and other UK airports) apparently. Systems down so huge lines. Wait till you spent three hours in the queue and get your bag and then find your Avis car doesn’t have any petrol in it. Global Britain ? A work in progress at best. What this (and previous governments) don’t seem to get is that it is not just families coming back from holiday that are stuck in this mire it’s people that are clients or investors in the UK and who have other options as to where they do business.What are they supposed to think ? It’ll be even worse when we have that trade deal with Rwanda…..
Old 28-10-2021, 02:42 AM

I know you have all been holding your breath so the update is I have gone with Jet Blue from JFK to Gatwick north arriving Monday am. Hopefully I’ll be in town by Tuesday ….
As travel from the UK to the US is feasible again after 8/11 I recommend anyone contemplating a trip should check out Jet Blue fares not least as they are the only operator to the US from Gatwick currently.
Old 28-10-2021, 02:59 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by StonePenge View Post
I know you have all been holding your breath so the update is I have gone with Jet Blue from JFK to Gatwick north arriving Monday am. Hopefully I’ll be in town by Tuesday ….
As travel from the UK to the US is feasible again after 8/11 I recommend anyone contemplating a trip should check out Jet Blue fares not least as they are the only operator to the US from Gatwick currently.
Good to know... love Gatwick.

I guess I could do LAX to JFK and JFK to LGW. I hate changing planes, but if needs must.
Old 28-10-2021, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Good to know... love Gatwick.

I guess I could do LAX to JFK and JFK to LGW. I hate changing planes, but if needs must.
Worth thinking about. They have new Airbus 321long range (hopefully) planes.The fares are reasonable especially at the front end of the plane and they are getting rave reviews for service and seat pitch in Coach as well. I have always liked JB domestically as they were honest and good value. Let’s see how they shape up internationally. Also LGW is obvs the best airport for Sarf London. Watch this space….